1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Butterfly Effect by Kiraya - T - Final Fantasy 7

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Skeletaure, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Butterfly Effect
    Author: Kiraya
    Rating: T
    Genre: AU, Drama
    Chapters: 52
    Words: 299,172
    Updated: Jan 21, 2012
    Published: Dec 18, 2005

Summary: Cowrite with Bard Linn; AU. When a little blond boy awakens an old Turk from his long sleep, no one could've guessed how things would change. CH.34: 'Well, face it, you were mostly angry at not having things go the way you wanted them to.'
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2707071/1/Butterfly_Effect

AU where a young Cloud wakes up Vincent and gets tutored by him before going to join SOLDIER. It may or may not be heading towards slash: there is secondary character slash already. Still fairly good though.

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I remember flaming the author for, in the span of a handful of chapters, making everyone homosexual. I mean everyone except Cloud and Aeris, a pairing she doesn't even intend to exploit. Let's see, a bunch of OCs, Zack, Sepiroth, and even Tifa and Cloud are confused. She could easily have put a warning in the summary and I wouldn't give it so much as a mention, but to put it this late in the story is disrespectful in my opinion. Did she do it with the hope that no one

The interest Zack shows in Cloud - a cadet that exercises - was unconvincing. The author attempted the tactic of presenting it as if it was the most logical, but it just comes across as flimsy. If someone wants to join SOLDIER it is fairly reasonable to presume they just might possibly be driven.

There is an overarching plot, but I don't feel it is strong enough. It is pretty much incremental, small progressions separated by a lot of filler. I remember AVALANCHE entering the picture last I read, but Vincent's revenge against Hojo is making virtually no headway. The Sepiroth-Jehova issue is nice, but the pacing for everything else is sluggish.

To her credit, she explains the gayness - females cannot undergo the SOLDIER modifications. But even that is artificial, her basis is what, that in the game, the only SOLDIERS encountered in random encounters look male? Get real.

Fairly good, but I can't shake off the feeling it only seems that way given the lack of other quality FF7 fanfiction.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008