1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Carnage by TheManWithaPlan - M - Worm

Discussion in 'Worm' started by ibskib, May 7, 2016.

1. ibskib

ibskib Second Year

Title: Carnage
    Author: TheManWithaPlan
    Rating: M
    Genre: Alternate Universe
    Fandom: Worm
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Schizo Taylor tries to stay one step ahead of herself
    Link: Spacebattles

I looked through the Worm library and after reading a bit of The Butcher's Bill my first thought was 'Meh, I wish this were more like Carnage'

Then I realized that Carnage hadn't been put up for review, for a long time I though this had been abandoned, but recently the author started updating again.

Carnage is just better written, more exiting, with interesting characterisations that actually fleshes out the other personalities rather than for it just be a simple power-up with a dose of crazy mixed in, or complete identity death.

Basically, though it isn't perfect, it is one of the stories I've enjoyed the most in the fandom, the first arc was great, and for now I consider this story the only worthwhile one if you want to read about Taylor gaining Butcher's power, and all its inherent problems.

2. theronin

theronin Order Member

Holy shit, I don't know how I missed this. I read it ages ago and thought it was abandoned, but at the time I thought it was easily one of the best pieces of writing in the entire fandom.

I haven't read the new stuff yet, but just based on what I had read before, easy 5/5.

3. Ravel Saint

Ravel Saint Squib

High Score:
    A grittier-than-usual take on Worm, considering most that I've read try to sterilise it. First few chapters really capture how tenuous Taylor's control over the Butcher Collective is. I think that it's perhaps trailing off a bit in the latest chapters without quite as much of the drive and urgency from Taylor's perspective, but optimistically I'd say this will be 5/5

4. ibskib

ibskib Second Year

It's a while since I read it, but I remember loving the interludes that explored the other personalities, frankly, it is one of the few Worm stories where interludes didn't seem like a waste of space.