1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Company of Heroes Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Audeamus, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Audeamus

Audeamus Sixth Year

Link
    (Need to register to download)

Currently in Open Beta but no plans have been announced to charge for it when it goes live.

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the CoH series but for those not: It's a RTS game based in WW2 settings that pits the Allies(Currently only USA, but British faction may become playable later) and Nazis(Currently Wehrmacht but Panzer Elite will probably be added later) against each other on 1v1 and up to 4v4 maps.

Both sides currently have 3 doctrines and you are required to pick one when making a commander for yourself. While playing you will gain experience and supply(CoH cash in essence) and higher level will allow you to use better hero units(Normal units with special extra stats etc).

A bit about gameplay:

The map is divided into small zones that are controlled by resource points(Fuel, Ammunition). Essentially the goal is to keep control of the key points, especially fuel.) To accomplish that you will be be given command over Infantry, tanks, artillery which all unlock at specific tiers.

Here's a video that demonstrates all said above.

The online play so far for me has been smooth and without technical problems for me. The only problem is the Axis/Ally player ratio, Axis have so many more players it's hard to find a game with them without waiting for several minutes.

Balance is a bit iffy, especially with some hero units that bring an ability that usually is T2 right at T1.

So, if anyone is interested and wants to play drop me a PM.