1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Connecting the Dots by Afalstein - T - Naruto/Justice League Unlimited

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by iratepirate, Sep 10, 2013.

1. iratepirate

iratepirate Disappeared

Title: Connecting the Dots
    Author:Afalstein
    Rating: Teen
    Genre: Adventure
    Chapters: 33
    Words: 329,584
    Updated: Apr 30, 2012
    Published: Feb 11, 2010

Fandom: Naruto/Justice League Unlimited, animated Teen Titans to a lesser extent
    Pairings: Naruto/Hinata, Batman/Wonder Woman, Neji/Tenten
    Summary: "Bruce, tell me again why this arm is so important." "Because it came from another dimension." A desperate move by Kakashi sends the rookies into another dimension, revealing a world crisis for both the Justice League and the Teen Titans.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5736374/1/Connecting-the-Dots

This is a gargantuan crossover in which the 11 Konoha rookies, plus Sasuke and Karin, Juugo, and Suigetsu, are sent to another universe by Kakashi's Kamui while they were all on a mission to retrieve Sasuke. The main enemy is Luthor, who takes a nefarious interest in all of the ninja, and especially the Sharingan.
    None of the main characters are neglected, and they all have some truly badass moments. An aspect I found interesting and that the story puts some emphasis on was the differences in ideology between the League and shinobi, even the "good" shinobi from the Leaf village. There is plenty of action too, though the only reason Batman is able to fight on a shinobi's level is because of some author fiat involving the new dimension weakening chakra, but I didn't mind that.
    As for flaws, there is so much going on at some points that the story feels somewhat bloated, and the writing is sometimes dry. Overall though, I feel that the execution and concept far outweigh its flaws, and with more than 300,000 words it will keep you occupied for a while.
    4/5

Checked by Minion, February 09, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Solid story and a good crossover. Sasuke and a few other characters felt a bit odd and wrong at times but overall, it was engaging and interesting.

4/5, worth reading.

3. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

The usual question: How much knowledge of the source material is required to enjoy the story?
    I don't know anything about the Justice League or the Teen Titans. (I know who Batman and Superman are, but otherwise not much.)

4. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I am currently at chapter nine and goddamnit but Hinata is absolutely disgustingly annoying. I don't why the author is portraying her the way he is but it is really hindering my ability to enjoy the fic.

Everyone else has acted like a soldier finding themselves in enemy territory, what does she do, she basically tells everything she knows to a stranger she's just met, after been in a situation where all of them might have just died.

Other than that the story is actually pretty interesting.I'll rate it after I'm done with whats there.

5. iratepirate

iratepirate Disappeared

Knowledge of Justice League is practically required, but from the Teen Titans side skimming the Wikipedia article would be enough.