1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Controller problem

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Hero of Stupidity, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So in the summer I bought and universal controller for cheap, thinking that it would be cool to play some games with controller on Steam seeing as I don't have neither xbox or ps.

But it fucking isn't.

Every last game wants an Xbox controller. Why is that that my PC games want something from a console?

So my question is:

Is there a reliable way to trick the games into thinking that I have the preferred controller? I looked around but I found mixed reviews about the popular programs so if someone who already used one of these programs could enlighten me, I would be really thankful.

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

So, here's the fun thing about PC games. Prior to the release of the 360 and the default drivers for 360 controllers, joypads for the PC used a few different formats (like DirectInput, which the DS4 uses). When the 360's PC drivers came out, they used a new format called XInput, which is a pretty simple mapping of buttons and axes to where they would be on the 360 pad. Because it's so easy, most developers figure that if you really want to use a controller on the PC, you'll be using a wired 360 controller anyway, so they just use XInput.

The good news is you can trick your PC into thinking you've got an XInput controller. Look up x360ce; it should have default settings for your controller, but if it doesn't, you can (probably) customize your x360ce settings to make it work.

3. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY/

I use this and I've never had any issues with games wanting me to use a 360 controller.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Like I said, they want a 360 controller because they use XInput. Looking at the controller in your link, it also uses XInput (though there is a switch to make it use DInput.)