1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Crumpets Aren't My Style by Marz1 - SG1 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Kaotac, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

Title: Crumpets Aren't My Style
    Author: Marz1
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action
    Pairing: N/A
    Chapters: 25
    Words: 135,969
    Updated: December 28, 2005
    Published: August 3, 2004

Summary: General O'Neill is sent on a nice relaxing dipolmatic mission in the U.K. Of course there's bound to be trouble when he runs into a murderous cult called the Death Eaters, who've some how gotten their hands on alien technology.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1995083/1/

A great Crossover with SG1, by far the best that I've been able to find. Longish chapters, good action scenes, interesting take on Wandless magic. And of course, that annoying 'saving people thing' getting Harry into shit.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 26, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

You know how Hermione told Harry that he has a 'people saving thing'? She said it like it was a bad thing. I woulda said "Well, if I didnt have this 'people saving thing', you'd be dead right now bitch so shut the fuck up!"

3. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I tried, but I just got bored with it after a while. It was ok I guess, but not my type of book....

4. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Columbus, Ohio USA on weekends, weekdays The Void.
    That was great. I read it all the way through in oh uh around 7-8 hours, so it's not that long but it was still good.

It could have been expanded into something more but it's still alright where it ended. I'd only suggest you to read it while your waiting for an update from Ravenclaw or Vash and them all.

5. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was on the list of priority for review, despite it being so old (and apparently neglected).

The fic is a good one, and a well mixed crossover. The characterization of the SG characters is true to form. It's an easy read, and good for a long-time SG1 fan. I'd recommend it, but with the proviso that it might not be especially interesting to someone who doesn't know the Stargate cannon. For that reason, 4/5.

6. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Holy mother of Muhammed. Can this be called a super necro!?

7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Necro'ing Library threads is fine provided you leave a solid review.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I read this waaaay back; it's terrible. The crossover is completely in the wrong direction. There's nothing worse than Muggles running around the wizarding world waving guns around. It gets all rather preachy, too.

9. Photon

Photon Order Member

"dipolmatic" in description? First chapter is not better as it completely destroyed my interest in reading the story. For me it was almost impossible to read it. Style was extremely irritating, beginning paragraph may start in contest "the worst way of starting story", "kid" is repeated far too many times and it leaves me deeply irritated for some other reasons that I will leave not analyzed. I will go and read something infinitely better, maybe crappy sould-bond story with heavy bashing.

10. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

Funny thing, I read this story yesterday by pure chance from my HP link db due to lack of new material.

I thought the plot got quite interesting to the end. Sure, Harry is a bit weird/naive/passive, the handling of McG felt OC(but entertaining) and stupid Super!Voldemort is lame.

But the Snape/Remus subplot in its sarcastic/dry comedy style was quite entertaining. Has it aged? No doubt but compared to its competition of SG1 canon rehashing Gary Stus the story has some value due to its creativity.