1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Coyote, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Break the betrothal, Vlad. Break it and kill your son. She shall rule as the great Queen of the North. A frozen queen. An Ice Queen.

2. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    She can't. Pagan tribe female have no option to inherit. And she has two other brothers who are only marginally less useless. Little Alexandros and Theodoro and Marrku might bitch that they're only getting one barony each, but they should thank their lucky stars they get that much.

Not gonna lie, I did look at some rather extreme loopholes. I'm not saying I would have followed through on taking my daughter as a concubine and then nominating my grand/son as hier to the chiefdom, but...

Also Karelia is on warpath so nonaggression pact with them makes sense... it just would have been nice to have poison pilled their family line while I was at it, instead of giving them loins that will birth champions.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  3. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Bumping this bad boy, as the biggest DLC of the game, Holy Fury, is released in less than a day. Anyone else super hyped for the new content? I'm going to go ballistic reforming Suomenusko on my first playthrough, and then I'm going to do some good old fashioned crusading while collecting bloodlines.

4. Seratin

High Score:
    I'm seriously considering an African campaign for the first time.

5. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Gone back to AGOT after a long absence and this is what I get:

[​IMG]

Also, holy fuck, everyone keeps getting cancer, the pox, the flu, the grey plague and everything else that exists, I really need to turn this shit off permanently.

6. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Genius and fair heir? Grey plague.

Its really sad

7. Mestre

Mestre Professor

CBH
  8. Seratin

High Score:
    Ffs, I have every DLC, every minor little shitty DLC that constitutes the imperial bundle. I shudder to think what I've spent on CK2.

As a sidenote if Paradox is listening, a nice final DLC focusing on the Celts would be a smooth touch to make the British isles fun again. Even earlier start date than Charlemagne maybe? More possibilities in Rome and Egypt?

9. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

I feel you Seratin. I'm personally looking for more German content, but a little Celtic love would be good. Something needs to be done about those damn pagans though. They were destroyed relatively easily, I think monotheism is in general a little nerfed in-game

10. Mestre

Mestre Professor

@Seratin

If you don´t know this mod, you can try it for now.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=396779137
    Celtic religion, unique CoAs, warrior lodge for celtic, unique religion reforms, holy order etc.

I have been playing the warcraft mod, the map is really fantastic and building the Wall in Gilneas makes you think that Gen was a mad visionary, especially with an op plague than destroys your lands and raises their people in free troops to the scourge.

11. Seratin

High Score:
    Thanks @Mestre I've played an arr campaign a few times but I've always wanted to see how Paradox would handle it. At the end of the day mods are great but they can rarely achieve what Paradox do in official releases.

The historical starting characters and scenarios alone could be cool as fuck.

Plus ARR has a few weird bugs and if they fire the game is unplayable.

12. Seratin

High Score:
    Alright bitches. CK2 basegame is now free to play. If you haven't ever tried it, do so now.

13. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

--- Post automerged ---
    Looks like you can level your character up, and pick perks. Map (Southern England, Wales) looks to be a little different - Anglesey has two demesnes - but I haven't memorized the CK2 map yet. Reddit probably has a full list of differences
    --- Post automerged ---
    More info here: RockPaperShotgun

I'm gonna stop posting now

14. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

15. Seratin

High Score:
    I'm extremely excited but holy hell does that UI look ugly. And are those screenshots from CK3 because it looks exactly the same as Imperator and that's not a look I'm enjoying.

Keep Civ out of my CK3 please.

16. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hello all! Sorry (ish) for the Necromancy, but this is the relevant thread...

I'm currently looking to plan a celebration stream around my birthday, and given how much some of my regulars liked the extended stream I did for affiliate, I figured I'd do something similar. However, I thought to do a game I'm more familiar with, and possibly one that doesn't require quite as much puzzle solving skills, because my brains were literally melting out of my ears last time (that's the difficulty in doing a puzzle game, the difficulty ramps up, and you're even more tired).

I settled on Crusader Kings. I've amassed over 1200 hours on CK2/CK3, so I'd like to say I understand some of the basics.

With the release of CK3, CK2 is available for free on Steam. It runs comfortably on my laptop, so older PCs should be able to make it work without too much difficulty, but it's free to download and try. I have all the DLC, so if I host, everyone can use all of it. This definitely adds to the game, as the base was... a bit bare-bones.

I figured we could maybe do a 'winner' with a points based system, I have some ideas on it, but realistically, it doesn't matter too much - the point is fun, rather than anything else. If we want to go more co-operative than a points-race, that's certainly possible, and we can have people swear allegiance to each other, and join up for standard collab calls, but I figure some form of backstabbery could be fun, the only problem would be the potential for game-over. Hence the shared goal.

I had two ideas for what we could try:
    1 - everyone starts in a 'shattered' map, and we race to hold either Kingdom/Empire/Feudal title
    2 - standard start, all in the Byzantine Empire, with the cooperative goal of restoring the Roman Empire.
    3 - standard start, wherever you'd like, as a count ONLY. The goal is to become King (or Queen) of Jerusalem/Outremer

Happy to answer any questions, and I am looking to do some Crusader Kings 2 in stream ahead of this, in case anyone wants to learn how it works from someone who normally doesn't die in the first 30 seconds (basic session on Wednesday, 1930 BST)!

I have put this on my twitter, on a discord or two, and I'm also mentioning this during streams. Currently have ~5/6 people interested, and ideally we'd be pulling in other streamers. If you don't want DLP/Twitch (or Youtube/FB, depending where you stream) linked, feel free to DM me on Twitch/Twitter, and just let me know you saw this on DLP so I have some idea who you are.

Current expectation is to do this on 16/17th September, and to aim to do it either in one sitting, or perhaps two, depending on everyone's availability.