1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cybernations: Global Order of Darkness.. Meet GOD today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Sup guys.

You may have noticed the DLP Foreign Legion user bars that many members of the forum have been wearing recently. This is a recent thing members of our Cybernation group have recently started flying as a sign of time served. Many of them have shed a lot of fake-blood in our name and in the advance of our causes over the past year, and frankly, earned it. They represent some of the best in terms of fortitude and intelligence this site has to offer.

Cybernations is a simulation game not unlike Nationstates or TribalWars, if anyone here has played either. You build up your nation through policies, infrastructure, expanding your lands, and researching technology. Most of this is just build up for the next war, which is what the game revolves around, and is really the funnest part. Flinging cruise missiles, carpet bombing, and night raids... doesn't get any better.

DLPers have played CN damn near since the game itself started, but only started playing in decent numbers (30-40) last January. In Feburary we formed our own group - other alliances just didn't suit us, the thing that makes DLP great is how utterly different we are from many other communities and CN has turned out to be no different. We've fought in all the major World Wars since then and learned the war system front to back, and learned what works for individual nation building. It's down to a science by now.

We've played for the last year or so with anywhere from 30 to 100 members, by and large made up of DLP but occassionally awesome CNers will join. While it's served us in the past well, we'd like to expand more, and thus we come once again to DLP. In the beginning, we'd be lucky to move out 45 million in a month. Now? We've moved out over a billion in the last 2 months.

We have the foundation to support more and it'd be great, even preferable, to have more of our comrades from back home join up.

Go to www.cybernations.net and make yourself a new nation. Post here what your resources are and if they're good enough for you to make a dedicated attempt at, we'll let you know.

If you get lucky on the first try, you then need to follow up here
    http://god.demonsdesire.org/index.php?act=idx and make an account and post in the Welcome Hall. Just post your nation name, ruler name, link, and mention you're from DLP and someone will be along shortly to mask you.

It takes maybe 5 minutes max once a week if we're not in a war, and you'll be helping out your brothers and sisters in arms.

Go with GOD my children.

2. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

As a side note it really is worth it to join an established Guild. I started out trying to fly solo for my first couple of weeks... BAD Idea. I never had a chance with the constant border raids from the smaller guilds looking for some easy money and technology. Even if (GOD forbid :p) you don't want to join the DLP guild I suggest finding a different one unless you want to get wiped out every time your nation is finally starting to shape up.

Alright, I said my piece...

~Manatheron

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Manatheron's right.

There's been a bit of stagnation as far as community growth goes, and as far as the games politics, so people have resorted to basically raiding everything they can find and get away with, if not for profit, then for entertainment.

4. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Listen to Middy, for he is wise.

5. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

They are not accepting registrations right now.

Edit: Isn't this supposed to be in games?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Basically, wherever Mid feels it belongs.

Registration must've been closed again, I don't know why.

7. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

8. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

You know... I went down the list of recommended resources... neither of mine are on it, yet I'm doing pretty well... (At least when those assholes remember to sign in often enough to keep the trades active... were to find Oil and Coal again...)

9. Midknight

When I feel we need a stronger power on the game, I make it in general. We've got something like 30-40 DLP's at least that play it, with 10+ that stay everytime I make a recruitment drive.

10. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN.
    http://www.cybernations.net/register.asp

Eh, I posted my resources in the wrong CN thread. ie., not this one.

Water and Aluminum.

Keep or try again?

I don't intend to play much beyond minimum. This is a DLP sock puppet account.

Yak.

11. Midknight

12. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

I have rubber and lumber.

Should I retry?

13. Midknight

14. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

Is there anyway to keep some of the money since it says I can't retry for four days?

15. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

No point the money is minimal... Most alliances give out an Aid package to new nations... Im sure God is no different

16. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Just as long as you're not recruiting with the promise of free money. ;P

17. Khortez

Khortez Third Year

Aluminum and furs, keep or retry?

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

We don't advertise it, but yes, newbies usually get built up a bit.

Aluminum is good enough, keep.

19. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

"Usually" being the key word. You have to speak out, just loud enough to be heard, but not too much to become an ass. I don't recall asking for anything, but I might have. War was upon us and I think I recieved some to help pay bills.

Though I will admit that I created my nation on the 2nd of September and the UJW started shortly there after. Then the fallout from the war prevented me from asking for any type of aid package to be sent to me. Alliance comes first in my mind.

On another note, my nation celebrated it's 6th month anniversary today

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  20. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

My nation is two days old. I've never asked for aid, but I've definitely received it over the last 24hrs. It was far more than paying bills. :D

GOD seems to be very organised when it comes to buffing noobs up to a competitive (and fun) level.

Watching GOD stomp all over the aggressive Illuminati in such an efficient and coordinated manner is highly entertaining. It's not a war, it's a god-blessed slaughter.

Yak.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008