1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Darkhallow

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by X Kronos X8, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I faintly recall something about how they created an aura of fear to help fuel the magic necessary to perform the Darkhallow. Or something along those lines.

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Because lots of people have died there over time, and as such there's a large volume of spirits to absorb. They also manipulated human emotion to pull even more spirits out of the woodwork. Fear and panic draw some out that even the Wild Hunt would miss.

I could be completely wrong about all this, it's just what I remember from reading Dead Beat some 5 months ago.

3. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You're right, but Word of God contradicts the book. Badly. In the book he makes it clear that the backlash kills people, but in an interview he said that the deaths fueled the ritual.

4. Tylendel

Tylendel Seventh Year

Why does it remind me of a circle: the spirits of the dead are absorbed in the ritual, it create a void which is filled by magic - life energy, so people dies releasing theirs spirits - who also absorbed, create a void... ad vitam eternam.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  5. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Theoretically, it could do that, until the whole of all life is consumed - except the range is stated to be only a few miles, albeit big enough to take most of the city.

So, I suppose it could work that way, within its predetermined circumfrence. Absorb the spirits, psychically kills those living nearby, who are then absorbed, causing it to surge, a bit. But each time, it would surge less, since it has so much more area to cover - diminishing returns and all that.

6. X Kronos X8

X Kronos X8 Fifth Year

Honestly, I have to thank everyone who answered. You all were a big help. :awesome