1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Darkness Unleashed by MadnessPersonified - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Shezza, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Title: Darkness Unleashed
    Author: MadnessPersonified
    Genre: Suspense/Horror
    Pairings: Eventual Harry/Hermione/Ginny
    Rating: M
    Summary: AU Post GOF. Harry is sentenced to the Dementor's Kiss but unfortunately for the Ministry, something goes horribly wrong. Dark!Harry, eventual HarryHermioneGinny.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3031704/1/

Alright, the pairing immediately threw me off and I almost didn't bother opening the story. But there were only one or two decent updates and I was bored so I did, and believe me, it was worth.

The story basically focusses on Harry going around and killing all of those who wronged him. There's a trial in the first chapter with the Ministry charging Harry with the murder of Cedric and it's filled with Fudge's toadies with Dumbledore seems to be under a potion of some sort, as we find out in later chapters. Harry get's kissed, absorbs the Dementor's power...yak...yak...yak.
    It's what happens next which made me reccomend this.
    In the next chapter, he goes and pays Vernon and Petunia a visit, tortures them, has his fun, then goes to his cupboard the ground and throws them in before leaving a note written in blood.

He then finds Dudley in the park with his gang. He blows one of their heads off, stones the next three gang members to death, follows Dudley home and impales the fat-fuck with various kitchen utensils.

Now, if that little sneak preview isn;t enough to entice you, I'll briefly mention what else happens.

Malfoy (D) gets a visit....and dies by means of "Chairs". You'll see...it involves him being torn apart.
    Umbridge gets a visit as well............See how Harry uses that Blood Quill
    Bellatrix is freed from Azkaban and sent after Harry....they have a nice little duel.
    Snape and Haryr duke it out....I'll tell you that Snape lives, but I get the feeling that it won't be for too long.'

So far, there hasn't been any romantic crap apart from the usual cliche "Hermione's being controlled by Ron, Ginny's denying Harry killed Cedric crap"
    Skim these parts and you have a story of Harry extracting bloody revenge.

Edit by Minion, Dec. 6, 2012
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of this story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  2. MudEye

MudEye Second Year

3. saL

saL Second Year

definitely refreshing after all these pussy!harry stories, here he most definitely isn't!
    nothing great but still very amusing to read, definitely recommended (at least if you appreciate the art of killing someone with kitchenware)

4. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

pretty good as stated above its better than pussy!harry

i find the crabbe and goyle characters to be very amusing it almost seems like they have been near the dementors too much with how they are acting.

5. LegalAlien

LegalAlien Denarii Host

This is definitely a refreshing story featuring a wonderfully cruel Harry!

6. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Oh god @ powerful Snape. How gay. Harry is immune to almost all magic and physical attacks, yet fucking Snape cuts him up. Not to mention the fact that he is somehow sly enough to slip potions to Dumbledore, the "only one You-Know-Who feared".

*Drops fic*

7. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

That was an amusing read. Though the scene with Snape v. Harry was annoying I think I can understand. Suposedly Harry isn't all powerful... Just stronger than most.

3/5

8. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

I don't see any plot in this story. It's an array of slaughters, though rather good ones. It's quite amusing.
    Harry turned much too fast for my tastes, if it was because of the power transfer, it was not explained. So you have the usual 'super-Harry-by-some-miracle' and then suddenly he's out for revenge.
    I don't like that Snape is able to feed Dumbledore the stuff, Dumbledore is much to knowledgable and powerful for that.
    It looks like a powerful Snape and it just doesnt fit his petty personality.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I didn't like it. The writing style just didn't flow right at all.

I got to that bit and decided against reading further.

I also didn't like the way every single person in the room, bar Dumbledore who didn't seem affected, couldn't move cause of a few bad memories. Harry is badly affected by dementors for a good reason but not everyone has seen their siblings killed in front of them.

10. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Yeah, I got about that far, too. I mean, the premise is definitely original and has tons of potential, but I don't think that the author did a very good job with that...

2/5

11. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    Crabbe and Goyle are very amusing, I like that angle on their characters. I think that the author is taking the powers of dementors to a level that does not exist, but the premise of this story is unique and entertaining. 3/5

12. Dragon Watcher

Dragon Watcher Third Year

I also like the Crabbe Goyle thing. And is Crabbe smart and mute or just every now and then gets a thought? He noticed Harry surrounded by Dementors when Goyle didn't. I just like reading about senseless violence sometimes to perk up my morning, ya know?

Yay Murder! :banana:

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I found it amusing, especially the dynamic of Crabbe and Goyle. Goyle can speak wonderfully and has good grammar, but is a complete moron. Crabbe is intelligent, but a mute. Irony.

14. Soulforger

Soulforger First Year

I liked the killings and the personalities of Crabbe and Goyle; however, I believe the pairings will upset lots of people around here.

That and powerful/Snape, unless the story gets interesting enough for us to read.

I give it 3/5.

15. CGB

CGB Auror

It's a amusing story and worth a read IMO. OK, the plot is quite nonexistent, it's just slaughter, but we all like that.... It won't be on my favorite list, but I'll keep reading it. 3/5 points.

16. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It's worth following, mildly amusing, and has lots of slaughter. 3/5. Certainly isn't the greatest story, but it's enough to let you grin evilly.

17. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

A nice read if you’re bored and nothing else to do, not the best of stories, and a bit below average in overall quality…
    Average, bordering bad!

18. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

Harry taking justice in his own hands is IMHO the only saving grace this story has. That, and decent spelling&grammar if I remember correctly... still, 2/5.

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Loses a Star automatically for the pairing.

Loses another two stars because it's just not too good.

Gains two stars because it is Mildly Amusing, and because it has Kitchenware! Harry.

2/5