1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by IAmJustAnotherGuy, Nov 24, 2015.

1. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

I think it is a bit early but I didn't think it should be posted on either Arrow's or The Flash's threads. So, here it is. The first trailer with actual footage just got released.

Firestorm's costume looks on point. The CW hasn't really leat me down besides Arrow's third season. I am really hopeful this turns out as good as I want it to be. Glad they could throw that reference to the big boys.

2. gorgonfish

gorgonfish Second Year

In a perfect world, DC wouldn't be so close to the chest with their properties and we could see things like Jonah Hex and Batman Beyond. The only issue I had with the first trailer was Atom's effects which look way better in this one.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I hate everything about this so far. It feels like either way too ambitious and asking too much of a still young and untested industry (best case) or simply the networks getting greedy as fuck with Arrow and Flash' success and wanting to milk it for all its worth as soon as possible(worst case and my guess).

Hopefully I'm wrong. I liked nothing about the trailer besides some superficial effects. The best part was the reference to the two characters everyone is too much of a pussy to use on a TV show.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

While he's calling them legends, Im thnking its going to be revealed he chose them because theyre expendable and not needed in the timeline so much, some kind of twist.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'm not excited that CW is doing it. CW has a tendency to inject a lot of CW-ness into their shows.

6. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not a comic book person, so I have nothing invested in the characters or the stories except the storyline on CW. So, with that said, I'm rather interested in the new show. At the very least, it's nice we don't have to learn a new cast of characters.

7. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I was actually looking forward to this, but as someone who loves both Flash and Arrow, I have to agree with Republic that this seems way too ambitious for a CW-level show to pull off. Fortunately, we should be able to see a glimpse of what they have in mind during the crossover event.

8. Timeturn098

Timeturn098 Squib

I agree with the comments above. The LoT seems opertunustic and we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best. The Flash is just midway through its sophomore season and I can easily see the actors/producers getting overwhelmed with things starting to fall through cracks. Not to mention, it could mess with the whole cw DC branch. (But so far, both shows are doing well so I'm hopeful) I'm not particularly looking forward to it but I do plan to watch it.

Optemistically, it is a good opertunity to expand the TV DC universe and draw in a broader range of fans.

Edit: after watching the first LoT crossover bit, my hopes (and expectations) have been (marginally) raised. Arrow has the odd mix of magic-syrums and vigilante whoohoo (Flash not so much) and now some mythology is being added in which will be interesting so see pan out.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  9. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Hahahah, this looks like complete shit.

DC is finished. They will never beat Marvel at this point.

10. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Gotham is a good start.

11. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

...granted, true enough.

I guess we will have to see if Batman v Superman is any good.

12. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I have high hopes for Batman vs Superman, but I had for Man of Steel too and while I didn't think it was bad, it wasn't that good either. Marvel is really lightyears ahead in the cinematic-verse.

13. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

The recent Arrow/Flash crossover episode set up the series quite well, much better than Arrow set up Flash. And DC is nowhere near finished. Sure, Marvel is dominating the cinematic universe but DC isn't doing too bad for itselves on the big screen. Not to mention that DC has always been ahead in Comics and Cartoons (And now TV Shows).

14. Viper0z

Viper0z Squib DLP Supporter

I can't wait for this to premier

15. Joe's Nemesis

High Score:
    One thing that bugged me this week, however, was how the spinoff series was completely ignored. I get that each story has it's own plotlines, etc. But, as bad as Star(ling) city is, you'd think it'd be national news, which means others with a personal connection to Oliver would offer help. At least in the Flash part of the world, it seems most of what's happening is still under the radar of the everyday person.

Still, the shows just felt a little hollow, knowing this show's about to premier in a few weeks.

16. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

I find it strange that it's called "Legends of Tomorrow", considering literally every main character is obscure.

But seriously, I read DC Comics, and I'm only slightly aware of maybe half of these guys. Is DC attempting to pull a Guardians of the Galaxy here, or something?

17. Joe's Nemesis

High Score:
    Well, since they're legends of tomorrow, I guess it's probably logical they'd be obscure today. :sherlock:

Don't know about that, I don't actually read the comics. But, within the CW world, every one of the characters except the leader has been introduced rather thoroughly. Two of them were actually part of the original plotlines of Arrow and Flash, with Sara Lance being a central component of the plotline (Oliver cheats on Laurel with her and takes her on the ship, setting up all the relationship drama between Oliver and Laurel for three years or so).

18. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What about the 2 part crossover in both Flashand Arrow? That's what set the stage for Legends of Tomorrow

Well, legends are unknown. But I think the reason why they were chosen is that they're unimportant enough not to matter. None of them are Justic League material (Except Atom) and so if they do die then the timeline won't fracture or anything.

19. Joe's Nemesis

High Score:
    I'm talking about this week. If things are as bad as they look, I'd expect some of them to return for a little while, at least. The writers have a chance to build up a great story line within the current shows but are completely missing it, IMO.

20. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Brilliant episode imo.

We need an episode with just Leonard, Mick and Sara... ha.

They basically went from thinking they were legends to realising they dont matter, at all.

Boba Fett. Ha.