1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters 3 | No One Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Ash, Jan 7, 2012.

1. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

It's a cool story, maybe not Renegade Cause-level, but hey. The funniest part of that is how you highlight how you've played before as indication as how you're playing now. I did the same, sure, but I feel the need to parallel how you just told us to assume you're being a logical townie because you're no good at manipulating people, in the same way Cas told me all the way back in Day One how he votes for someone without explanation as his first post. Nice job, guys.

And man, you know what's really interesting?

Man, didn't even need to shake my magic 8 ball with that one. So much with sticking with Mishie, eh Cas? One minute I'm the Healer, and you give Silens enough time to counterclaim and to throw down the ultimatum that it's either him or me. Smooth move guys. Up starts my bandwagon again.

2. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

If anything, this all ties back to one thing - the town doesn't need to reach consensus for the Death Eaters to win. As I said, time is on their side. If we don't all band together and lynch Matt, if we don't come to a conclusion, what might happen?

Well, for starters, I'm dead. Town's down to five people, with no other ideas who might be a Death Eater, and no closer to actually nailing one. And considering how lucky town's been so far, the Death Eaters could probably kick back with a glass of iced tea and a box of Triscuits and watch them kill each other, assured in the knowledge they can weather hits a lot easier than the town can, and that the odds are highly in their favour.

However, what happens if we lynch Matt? We get a Death Eater. I'm still dead, but at least at this point we have some accomplishment. Maybe Matt's the Sorceress and Schrodinger can now use her Auror powers to find other Death Eaters. The surviving town tracks down the last of the Death Eaters using the people who have refused to vote for Matt, and maybe, just maybe, we can win this damn game.

But here's my point for Ashaya (and Lutris, if he's helping) - extending the game at least gives the town a hope in hell of winning, because right now the Death Eaters win if there's no consensus. Can we get twelve more hours on the clock, please?

3. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I never agreed you were the healer.

Learn2read.

4. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

so who the fuck do you wanna lynch Matt/Mishie. My vote currently stands on mishie I belive

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Lynch Matt, Klackerz. Silens won't change his vote, and so we can't get a majority against mishie.

6. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Rescind Vote
    Vote Lynch:Matt

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

The following have voted for Matt so far:

Me
    klackerz
    Silens
    Schrodinger
    Kalas

We need one more.

I see you lurking mishie.

8. Silens Cursor

I see lurkers, and I'm conscious of how much time we might have left - mishie, what exactly are you looking to see that would decide a vote for Matt, one way or another?

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

We need Krogan back online. He was the one who voted for lynching mishie, I think he might be the 6th town player.

10. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rescind Vote

Lynch Vote: Matt

You never talk this much publically if your telling the truth about something Matt, if I'm wrong I apologize to you but you seriously strike me as lying right now.

11. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

D'aww, you guys actually getting stuff done whilst I sleep. <3

MattSilver's role claim was really quite shifty, for me. Coming out just before the deadline, where there almost certainly wouldn't have been enough time for town to react and successfully lynch, had Ash not extended day, is scummy. While he has been reasonably active throughout, he's never been extraordinarily helpful.

Silens, on the other hand, has been the leading source of analysis throughout, a much more believable claim.

Castiel still pushing for mishie after the claim and counterclaim just pushes the bounds of credulity, for me. It's hard to believe he could honestly be that stupid, if he actually is town. The strength with which he's been pushing the mishie call, before and after, is still making me suspicious.

Not that it really matters since we've already got six, but
    Deadline Vote: MattSilver.

12. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I believed Matt was the healer. Fairly wholeheartedly as his post was in fairness, pretty damn convincing but I suppose that's the shit that goes on in Mafia.

Silens' roleclaim has fucked up my opinion and now I've no clue what to do. I've already changed from Klackerz because I believed it would be best to get Castiel lynched for the simple reason, I'm sure he's scum. After this game is over he's going to be lauded for the best/worst game played so far in terms of his own posting.

I am sick of us getting nothing achieved though as it just plays into the scum's hands at this stage. At least if I go with the rest of town and vote for Matt, we'll have a 50% chance of getting a Death Eater. So yeah.

Rescind vote.
    Vote player: Mattsilver.

13. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Okay, first off, people need to stop bitching about me giving you guys an extension. I'd like to make it clear that I did NOT do it because I'm favoring town. I did it because it was 9 am, there was an hour till day was supposed to end, and there was absolutely no way I'd be around the computer at that time, as I had to go catch the subway, then catch a train, then get fucking bodypainted, which is NOT a fun experience like I thought it would be. It's almost 12 hours later and I am just now getting back. I got stuck on the subway for like 30 minutes on my way back to my hostel, too. VERY STRESSFUL DAY. It's fucking 8:30 pm, and I haven't had a chance to eat all day, so I'm going to end day right now. Matt's dead. I will post the flavor and results when I get back from dinner, so don't fucking post. Just....fuck anyone that bitched at me over the day ending time. END OF RANT.

Votes:
    MattSilver 8 Seratin, Jangel, Krogan, Castiel, klackerz, Silens, Schrodinger, Kalas

14. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "Dead and nowhere to go," he cried out.

He looked about.

"Why can't they hear me? You're supposed to be able to hear ghosts, right?"

He stared at the shivering, pale Traveller. Was it pity rising in his stomach or was it satisfaction?

"At least my death wasn't public."

He looked about.

"Somebody listen to me."

He sat down on a tree branch.

"This sucks, you know. No one listened to me in life, and no one listens to me in death."

He stared at the wands being pointed about enviously.

"No one even hears me proclaiming FILLER."

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Lol

/10char

16. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

17. Silens Cursor

18. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wow.
    /filler

19. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Not much to say.

Awesome? I guess?

I don't disagree with Ash's decision to give an extension. I kinda disagree with her decision to have a minor breakdown and take her ball home with her, but I can see where she's coming from.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  20. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Well I for one am glad Castiel didn't win.