1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Delenda Est by Lord Silvere - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by craigery9700, Nov 19, 2009.

1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

WHAT THE FUCK, AUTHOR?

This story turned terrible with this chapter. I think I've been pretty understanding before, but the latest chapter... I felt like reading a brand new fic. A lame one. Fuckload of OCs, boring interactions between teenagers, stupid Dumbledore... I'm afraid I lost hope for this fic.

2. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, this pretty much sucked. Terrible characterization of Dumbledore where before it had been somewhat decent, stupid OCs that are hard to keep track of, and basically nothing of importance happens.

3. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

My dislike of the Potter/Black brats burns with the fiery passion of a moderately sized campfire. Who are these OC's and why the hell should I care about their obnoxius behavior?

Anyone wanna bet that once Harry is back on his feet he'll still be a tree-hugging, indecisive child with a pussy phobia? He even managed to infect Bellatrix with his pacifist retardedness, the old Bellatrix would have cursed the shit out of those kids for having the audicity to try and dictate terms to her. And then tortured the information out of them.

4. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

Yeah, character development, where it exists in this fic, is bogus. Harry needs to harden the fuck up. But even aside from that, this fic has turned into a steaming heap of turd with the last few chapters.

5. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

As dissapointed as I am, I'll keep reading it just to see how many more jumps to the left this fic takes.

6. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Eh, I didn't hate the chapter. I didn't love it, but it wasn't nearly bad enough to inspire fiery passion of any kind. I'll definitely continue reading, but the criticisms mentioned do apply, so heres hoping for a little more edge in the next chapter.

7. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

Totally agree with this. Keeping track of all of the OCs is annoying as all fuck. About the only thing I liked in the chapter was that Voldemort was scarred from the fight with Cygnus and Romulus.

8. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Well, if this story was already circling the toilet, it now sits firmly (and messily) in shit heap central. It used to be an easy 4+ stars, now I don't think it's much more than 2.

9. Alive and Free

Alive and Free Groundskeeper

I just realised that there'd been an update and read it and now I almost wish that I hadn't. It took reading this chapter and the last one to figure out who the OCs were and I'm still not sure that I've got it straight. I'll keep reading but only because I hate leaving anything, books or fanfics, unfinished once I'm this far in.

10. Felur

Felur Squib

I disagree with the most "reviewer", it is a pretty average chapter for this fic.
    I think that we overrated the story initially thats why we are complaining now. The buildup seemed to be interesting and original but nothing came out from it. From the 27(?) chapters only 3 or 4 were really good.
    Although some of the OCs (they do not bother me, at least they show the impact of Harry's visit in the past) are a little bit Mary Sue, Dumbledore should consider Rose's(?) opinion (but his conclusion about prophecy not illogical) and finally Bellatrix gave too much information to the kids, there is nothing inherently wrong with the latest update.
    There is a much greater fault in the fic, it is the 20 years stalemate in the civil war. I found it impossible, in a such terrorist type conflict one side should have already won.

11. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

No, actually, this is pretty much shit. "I've studied prophecy far longer than you, little girl, so therefore you can't be right."

Totally un-Dumbledore-ish.

It seems to me like every character in this fic is an OC, random Potters and Blacks notwithstanding.

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Looks like my decision to stop following this story was justified.

/called it

13. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I used to love this fic. And then the author's mental state became readily apparent through his work. I though that this was one of the only good B/HP stories I had read in a while, but now it's just meh.

I think I'll follow Andro on this and stop reading, though god knows why I haven't already.

14. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because despite its descent from good story to steaming pile of meh, there are many, many, many worse fics out there. I'd say this one still hovers around the Barely Recommendable.

/me just came back from FFN story search with the entire first page full of slash and self insert fics.

15. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

...You do know that there's a filter for all that now right?

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    moatra's? Yeah, computer I'm on atm doesn't like it. Given that it's quite aged, it doesn't like much of anything though.

17. Meneldur

Meneldur Third Year

New chapter was bad, but not utterly nonredeemable. Albus was downgraded, but seeing as his prophecy is really crappy and he didn't take advice from children in canon, it's not that big of a deal.
    The OC's are annoying. But I still hope that once Harry gets better, Bella will snap out of it and punish them for being snot-nosed shits, and just for being Potters/Blacks.

18. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

Updated.

Decent chapter, gives me hope that the author didn't screw everything up and is still able to bring this story to an acceptable conclusion. I would've preferred if they stayed in the past though.

19. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I think if the author/s took out the irrelevant/annoying OC scenes, and rewrote the bland (I'm married now, might as well make out), pre-honeymoon couch scene, it would have been better.

Also, I can't picture Voldemort being unnerved by an apparent ghost. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I can see being distracted by the ghost image momentarily, but that's it.

20. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

It was... a decent chapter. Not good, not bad. Just decent. I'd rate it at three stars.