1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Delenda Est by Lord Silvere - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by craigery9700, Nov 19, 2009.

1. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Better than the previous chapters, but it's still based on a pile of shit. It'll be a long, hard slog to a decent ending, and frankly he should have scrapped the last few chapters and rewritten them entirely. But whatever.

2. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Damn I hate the new OCs. It's like reading one of those new generation fics.

3. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Holy shit we're back to the future and about to wage war against the Dark Lord! Quick, lets get some snotnosed brats from Hogwarts to boss us around, hell, we might as well tell them our super-secret identities and let them tell their snotnosed friends! We'll worry about the secrecy afterwards. :facepalm

It'll be interesting to see if Harry will actually try to win the war this time, instead of spending his time dicking around doing useless shit that doesn't affect anything. Third time's the charm. Way to waste that advantage of surprise though, the explosions alone would have been good enough as a distraction, maybe have someone pose as Dumbledore standing outside the gates and calling Voldemort a total fuckface to get his attention. That whole ghost-projection was completely pointless and just gave Voldemort advanced notice of Harry and Bella still being alive.

4. Palurien

Palurien Third Year DLP Supporter

It really is a shame that Harry ran out of magical energy just when he needed it.

Srsly.

5. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I'd say this is his worst chapter in awhile. :/

Bella sounds over the top, and shows none of the brains or cleverness that made me enjoy this story in the beginning.

The one prophesied Potter girl (I don't care enough to remember her name) sounds much like a WBWL twin would sound like, and I'm pretty much annoyed by all of the OCs.

Even when it jumped the shark, I refused to rate it, but this is pushed me over the edge.

1/5.

6. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Eh, I agree about Sidra(sp?) but Bella wasn't annoying at all really. Its still easily on my reading list, if not at the top.

7. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

This fic is somewhat good and bad at the same time. it has it's moments, when you are interested what is going to happen and the general idea is... i almost said plausible, but i think the word is believable enough.

The other times this evolves slow, strangely and has elements it could do without.
    I don't have such a dislike with a last few chapters as others seem to, but still, they are subparish.

With the rating, I have no good idea how to place it.. 3.25/5, mayhap?

Nauro

8. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Heh. Actually I liked the political aproach he took when he came back to past, it was a good try.

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    He wasn't bold enough with the political approach imo.

10. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I agree with everyone that while it was an improvement over the last few chapters, it's still very average and certainly not at the standard it was earlier on.

11. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

I liked it too, seeing as how it was written by the more talented half of the authors split personality. Then the shittier half took over and the story got bogged down by passivepussyphobia!Harry running from Death Eaters and Bellatrix' amorous advances.

Fuck that.

12. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    This started out as one of my favorite stories, I had never read a good political!Harry and this seemed to be shaping up to be it, but then it started to concentrate more on the Harry/Bella relationship and then on the little Potter and Black OC who mostly just piss me off. I do agree however that this chapter was an improvement, but it's still not up to the initial standards I came to like.

13. Deadsomeone

Deadsomeone Third Year

Yeah, I jumped ship when the OCs where first introduced.

14. Elsworth

Elsworth Fifth Year

This past chapter reminded me too much of the old Spiderman comics. Spiderman, using his precious web canisters, is slinging along the city, fighting bad guys, procrastinating on refilling his cans when all of a sudden, random bad guy JUST AS HIS WEB RUNS OUT. I hope this "SUDDEN OBSTACLE CREATED BY AUTHOR" plot device isn't used again as I would like to pretend that the author had some respect for the intelligence of his readers.

15. ShadowStorm666

ShadowStorm666 Muggle

I actually like the story a lot
    But I really didn't like the part about Bella just forgetting to get the wand from Ginny.And the OC's, All of them are annoying and there are way too many of them.
    And is it just me or are they just getting stupider the longer it gets. What reason did the two of them have to announce his presence especially since he isn't even at full power.
    The author hasn't updated for a month now So I'm really hoping for a return to the high standards the fic began with.

16. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Updated

It's much better once it stops focusing on shitty OCs.

17. Warheart

Warheart Sixth Year

Is Harry becoming Batman?

Seriously, why would he simply scare the Deatheaters when he can do some real damage?

18. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Because while he managed to rid himself of the pussy phobia in less time than it took to read this sentence (Srsly, he went from "nooo I don't wanna~" to loving husband in the blink of an eye) he is still very much a complete pussy. Also, the idea of this Harry giving the ruthless Bellatrix advice on how to run a war when he's the goddamn idiot who takes prisoners alive so the ministry can release them is fucking hilarious.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  19. Alive and Free

Alive and Free Groundskeeper

I don't know why I read this fic. It's like watching a train wreck- you know something bad's going to happen but you just can't look away.

20. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I've enjoyed the previous chapters well enough, but the newer ones make me cringe a bit inside when I read certain parts. Granted, the newest chapter is a lot better than the ones starring the OCs. Bellatrix and Harry getting transported to the future doesn't bother me anymore, but I can't help but wonder how they would have handled the war if they didn't travel forward in time.

The only thing that really irked me in this chapter the beginning scene with Hermione, Dumbledore, Flitwick, and the cube.

For me, there isn't much of a pull to keep reading new updates, but I do anyway. Despite all its flaws, it is still one of the best (and longest) Harry/Bella's out there.