1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Delenda Est by Lord Silvere - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by craigery9700, Nov 19, 2009.

1. f4Ze

f4Ze Squib

The biggest problem I'm finding with it now is the really dry writing style. It may have always been dry and only masked by the interesting characters that were in the past but it's really coming through strong now. It kind of reminds me of A Champion's New Hope in it's lack of style and personality but at least a passable plot.

2. Tareth

Tareth Squib

I think that that LS is trying to retcon his work in the middle of the story. He seems to have either this thread and seems to have made Harry less of a wuss. It seems kind of unatural, and I agree he seems to have made a huge shift in personality over one chapter. It seems really odd.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Considering that he has posted in this thread before, I think it's quite likely that he has read it.

4. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Updated

A pretty good update, but I don't see why Bellatrix shared the secret of the spell with the Order.

5. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

Either as a small concession on her part to gain some sort of trust or to reinforce the belief that it's indeed a spell. At least that'd be my guess.

Decent update, the conversations between Harry and Bella were a little bit too witty and quick in their comebacks, which I actually like, but otherwise a believable interaction.

6. KrzaQ

Sure, but they know how leaky the Order is, and they definitely don't want the Death Eaters to think it's a spell.

7. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but am I the only one who has a problem with the way Bellatrix speaks in this story? I mean, I get it - she's a proper pureblood lady, she speaks formally, etc. However, she speaks like a fucking robot - even to her own husband in private.

I think the biggest part is that she doesn't use contractions. It just doesn't sound natural at all.

8. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

The above three "spoilers" are too vague to need spoiler tags - but whatever floats your boat.

The is the fake quality to Bellatrix character throughout the fic, I guess you just start not seeing that in a while. Then again, it is annoying at some places, but not too much.

I'm kind of interested when Harry is going to return to the main scene of events, as past few chapters are really more centered on Bellatrix.

9. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This. It's been sort of interesting, but let's face it, it's better when Harry is actually involved and doing things. If the next chapter continues to have Harry just chilling and hiding, I will be disappoint.

10. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

More of the same, Harry continues his Dumbuerilla tactics which consists of stunning as few as possible while letting the rest escape and handing over the captives to the ministry. The last time he did that the ministry let them go because blablabla, he should know by now that handing Death Eaters over to the ministry is pointless because they'll either be let go or sent to a prison Voldemort can raid whenever he feels like it, and pick up a bunch of Dementor's while he's there.

Hopefully Bellatrix will start murdering Death Eaters by the dozen while Harry is doing his pussying around in Albania, or maybe she has become infected enough with Harry's retarded sentimentality to let herself get wounded, prompting Harry to finally pick up his balls and man the fuck up.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  11. KrzaQ

Updated

More action, promise of even more next chapter. A good chapter.

12. pdgrunge

pdgrunge Squib

new chapter cant wait to see Mrs.malfoy's reaction

13. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Shit chapter in a shit story. Why is Harry still pretending to be dead?

14. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Why is it still in the library? It was fine when it started, but after the time shift it went down ridiculously fast.

I can't get into it.

15. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I can't even force myself to read anymore. Bellatrix isn't that old herself to begin with I get it, but those brats still annoy the shit out of me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  16. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I liked this story while it happened in the past, after the time shift, I stopped liking it.
    In my humble opinion, returning to the "present" was a mistake.

And that's about it.

17. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I've been skimming most of the chapters post-timeskip, so I'm probably missing some facts. But Bella is way too mild; it's basically an OC wearing her skin. Rose annoys the hell out of me (that was probably the authors' intention), and frankly I think Bella should have at least maimed her by now. The other children are bearable, but I don't understand why she's cooperating with them.

No idea what Harry's doing. The 'ghost of Harry Ashworth' idea was cool the first time, not so much now. The fact that Bella shared the spell with Lily, and offered to teach it to Molly really bugged me.

I don't like this "Daughter of the Stars" prophecy. Hell, I never liked prophecies in general, even the one in canon.

Just some arbitrary thoughts on fic I'm not keeping up with anymore.

18. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I really and truly tried to to keep at this one. It was one of the only decent B/H fics out there. Even after the time change back to the future I hoped it was only a few bad transition chapters, but it's much more than that. The original idea was good, but it's simply fail now.

This latest chapter was one boring scene after another with virtually nothing happening of any consequence until the end and even that was a mediocre action scene. It's not that I need action time and again, but it would help of the story actually progressed instead repeating the same boring scenes again and again, just in different locations.

I'm done. It's gone from 4/5 to 2/5

Someone call me when they go back in time again or the last 5 chapters are deleted and replaced with an actual plot that progresses.

19. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Actually, I laughed from Draco in the newest chapter, but it wasn't that good as it could have been.

Then, I thought about it for another minute, and did a quick search on Harry and Bellatrix in the fic.

This is the result of the names appearing through the chapters and the difference between them.
    http://i.imgur.com/IJh1B.png

From chapter 26 onward, the fic's problem is obvious.

20. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Latest chapter has Harry agonising over whether he should kill an enemy combatant on the battlefield or not, despite all the horrible deeds he surely must have committed. No longer following this fic.