1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DF Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

If so, that could be pretty damn relevant considering what happened in Cold Days.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, that would make sense. Humanity, as described in the Dresden Files, seems to be akin to empathy and love. If attempting to retain that limits the degredation of Molly's soul, I wouldn't be surprised by her continued humanity for the rest of the series.

Albeit I say that knowing that Jim Butcher is a cruel man who will crush my dreams forthright in the heartless manner he usually does.

3. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

It's not that it'll happen, it's that it's plausible enough to create hope for him to crush.

4. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Spoilers. Dresden kills Mollymore. :(

5. Zeelthor

Do not speak of it, lest you tempt the evil of Jim Butcher.

6. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

<taps chin thoughtfully>

If it'll make Harry miserable, it'll happen.

Oz
  7. Zeelthor

GOD DAMN IT, MENACE! This is why we can't have nice things.

8. syed

syed Supermod

I don't think Harry will kill her, but its possible he ends up sending her to her death. My money is at some point he does sleep with her, and just feels incredibly guilty afterwards, so really messes with his mojo.

9. Zeelthor

Yeah... I'm pretty sure they'll hook up in this book or the next. Probably the next. Molly's always been bad at handling temptation.

10. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

She's grown quite a bit, though. So I don't think she'll fall an easy prey to temptation.

I don't think she'll die anytime soon though. Besides spiking the premiums of farie ladies everywhere, it would be far too quick a utilization of a well developed character. No, her arc, to me, will be a more traditional turning to the darkside sort of things as the mantle converts her.

11. mort

mort Groundskeeper

I was thinking of writing a Skyrim/DF crossover. Ya know with the Dovahkiin in the DFverse.

Ideas/advice anybody?

12. Zeelthor

I guess it could work. Dovakhiin/Molly. Pretty sure Charity would object against that. ;)

13. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Only thing I'd mention here is that the Dovahkiin would be overpowered as fuck. The Thu'um and Shouts as seen in-game is a very, very, very limited subset of its actual capabilities. A fully realized Dovahkiin is capable of literally altering reality by shouting at it.

That said, a story where the Dovahkiin shows up and is hunting down Ferrovax or something would be kinda awesome to read.

14. Zeelthor

I'm pretty sure Ferrovax is somewhere in between Mab and the Archangels, which makes me doubtful about whether that would work.

15. Agayek

According to Elder Scrolls lore, Alduin pretty much is an Archangel.

So yea.

The game does a really poor job of conveying just how utterly broken the Thu'um, and by extension the Dov, really is. They spell it out better in the in-game books and surrounding lore, but the Thu'um is essentially root access to reality. Skilled users of the Thu'um can literally do anything, simply by shouting the universe into submission (see: Dragonrend, which explicitly makes an immortal being mortal).

If you really don't want the dovahkiin to be on that level, there's plenty of reasons/excuses to nerf him and his abilities, but a mortal with that level of power showing up would throw all kinds of monkey wrenches in pretty much everyone's plans and I, personally, would find it rather interesting to see how everyone reacts to it.

16. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

17. syed

syed Supermod

We know Ferrovax was given a gift at the RCV ball, just like Lea, so many suspect it was booby trapped, like the athamae. Imagine how a dragon would be affected.

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On Alduin, wasn't he supposed to devour all of creation at the appropriate time before he went clownshit crazy with power?

On Dragonrend you're actually slightly off on that, it doesn't make them mortal. It makes them experience what it's like to be mortal and that concept is so alien that it causes them immense pain and stuns them but they aren't actually changed in any way.

19. Agayek

If memory serves, there was a prophecy in the First Era that said Alduin would devour all of creation unless the last of the dragonborn stopped him, and that was what the events of Skyrim were all about. I could be wrong about that though.

Either way, Alduin was/is a universe level threat (including the afterlife, seeing as he was able to waltz right into Sovngarde and start nomming on souls there).

Eh. I would argue that "experiencing mortality" and "being mortal" are one and the same.

20. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As I understood it, he was supposed to do that anyways but he went batshit crazy with power and decided that Dragons or more specifically Dragons under his rule should control Mundus and he ditched his destined position in order to conquer.

Not really because their nature was never changed. They were forced to feel the idea of something and that's it. Im not arguing it wouldn't put a lot of immortal nasties on their ass but they're still going to be immortal when they get off of it.