1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mindless, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh, you caught my build at a weird ass time. I changed it up for single target on Malth for a buddy of mine who needed a run.

Right now this is my Build.

I like Zeal > Justice because the Aspeed helps me build wrath a lot better than Justice does. I am considering testing out Justice - Crack or Justice - Hammer of Pursuit, though. Hammer has better single target DPS, but Crack has a higher overall damage potential.

You're right about Provoke though, that's a holdover from my much more melee build, when I was having issues catching things that loved to kite using a shotgun!crusader build based around Fate of The Fell.

I JUST finished rerolling my Reaper's wraps to Holy instead of fire.

Holy Cause was there for testing out it's healing with Zeal/Shattering Throw. But I think I still prefer Wrathful for the LpW regen, even if it's healing is more bursty than Holy Cause.

But then, you know all this, so the purpose of this post is more to point out that my builds aren't normally such shit to the forum, so people don't think I'm a scrub, lolz.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was me he was helping through Malth. So blame me entirely. I died in the first like 10 seconds and he fought off the beast.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Paper dps isn't everything though. Attack speed is worthless on frost orb wizards, you want burst, and you want to learn to avoid hazards.

Crit chance and crit dmg are what you want. Rings can get 6 and 50 of each respectively (same for gloves too, i think) , amulets 10 and 100, bracers 6, and helms 6.

Your source can give 10 too.

that's around 50 from items there. Crit dmg becomes exponentially more powerful with each bit of crit chance you get.

Int should be around 5-6k at minimum.

High dmg on rings and your source is really nice, but not necessary.

After all that, get as much +cold dmg as you can get. On non legendaries you can get it on bracers and amulet. I also think arcane orb dmg can be got on several pieces of gear.

This sounds like a lot, but it's all easily attainable through crafting and enchanting.

4. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Attack speed is largely worthless in general unless you're using weapon procs. If you can use 2 spenders to kill an elite pack, why use fast weapons and have to regen resources for a 3rd?

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Depends on the build. It's only really good on builds that basically ignore resource costs, like spirit barrage/ rush of essence WD.

6. pidl

pidl Groundskeeper

Wanted to get RoS, but you can only pay for the digital version with a credit card. So for now I'll just continue playing regular D3 until I find a hard-copy somewhere.

Your profiles make me jealous though, all those high numbers. :(

7. Evan Tide

T4 now officially cake with my new ring and set bonuses.

8. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

I've been running a blackhole/illusion wizard build in the past few days. It's a lot of fun.

Turns out that the illusions themselves can cast blackholes, so with event horizon rune (the one that sucks up all elite special attacks) and illusions spamming blackholes, I can basically hamstring entire elite groups by myself, letting others kill them.

I've become something of a necessity in T3 and T4 rift runs -- otherwise my buddies die way too often when I'm not there -- considering that event horizon sucks up all arcane sentries, wallers, descreters and the like. :D

9. Evan Tide

T5 is fun. Mobs actually feel like a decent threat.

Also, 32% CDR as Sader = trolololol all the things with uber skills firing of CD really fast.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Finally got the royal grandeur ring, letting me use the zuni 4 pce...

KILL MY MINIONS! KILLLLLLLL

I got the Quetzalcoatl voodoo mask too, that is best paired with jade harvester set and beefing haunt with cold dmg I think.

11. Evan Tide

Got a String of Ears with a good roll. Time to see if I can handle T5 solo.

12. Vir

High Score:
    Can someone powerlevel some of my alts with me?

13. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

I'm down, so long you power level my alts too.

14. Vir

High Score:
    Deal. What's your bnet name thing?

15. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Deluded#1524....I think?

Deluded#1546

16. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

So I know this is more than a little bit of a necro but is anyone playing now that season 4 has started up? I figured I would give the game a shot again since its sitting on my blizzard startup screen and I've heard good things since the expansion/recent updates came out.

Also, any help for how to solve the single target damage problem on the crusader would be much appreciated. Can clear giant waves of just about anything but anything that has large amounts of health just takes forever to kill.
    Build is in the link - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aeYPlh!aWh!bbbbZZ

17. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I'm playing a bit with a distance-glasscannon!Barbarian

18. Reign

Reign Fourth Year

I started up again with the new season. The new cube is fun to play around with and it made finding sets so much faster.

Reign#1570

19. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

its easier then ever to get the actual pieces you want, to play the particular spec you want, which was always one of my problems with D3.

I've got a fully geared multishot spec DH. At this point all i need to do is reroll items to get ancient versions and to upgrade my ring/neck gems more.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I'll be aiming for a helltooth/acid WD when I have the time, should be awesome.

Disney infinity owns me atm though, then I'll have 15 minutes of Destiny content to do before I get to D3.