1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Diary of a Madman: Memoirs of a Nukenin by Bloodraver Alpha - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by DarkAizen, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

Being slightly manic myself, I found myself reading over the forum from the beginning, and I just noticed this. Uh, hello? Did you miss the whole thing about the shinkai seal being a failed prototype that is activated off of the adrenaline rush from combat? Chapter 7, mate. Iruka is fine, provided he doesn't get into a heavy combat situation.

So I suppose that you could consider his failure to whup ass during the invasion more of a 'don't kill your fellows' decision. Of course, there are always ways to poke holes in theories, even those by established authors *cough* JK ROWLING *cough*.

Meh, accept it or accuse me of covering my own arse; I don't care.

As far as the next chapter is coming along, I find myself somewhat...stumped. I've got some scenes written out, but I need to tie them together. Oh, well. The chapter after that, Arc III Chapter I, is coming along quite nicely, perversely enough, so count on a quick update once Arc II is finished.

Bloodreaver Alpha OUT.

2. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

The Iruka thing is fine, as long as Itachi beats the hell out of him.

Iruka bested Tsukyomi, that`s ok. He`s fast and strong but moves as a Chunnin.

Cant wait for more.

3. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    How many Arcs are planned out?

And as much as I love Itachi in this fic, I'd like to see more of Naruto and Yugito in a paralell sidestory and how eventually they cross paths with Itachi, as Deidara did tell Itachi to keep Naruto alive at all costs.

4. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

*Laughs* How many arcs, you ask? At least eight or nine...perhaps more, if the mood so takes me. When I claimed EPIC length, I meant it. And I hereby state, FOR THE RECORD:

It WILL be Naruto/Yugito. I've been hinting at it, now I'm confirming it(The pairing is fairly interesting, and "Sun-Kissed Jinchuuriki" hasn't been updated in donkey's years, unfortunately...and I can't read the crap that Zagger the Angel of Hell tries to pass off as 'writing')! The Romance won't be simplistic, either; no "OMG u saved my life i luv u now" crap! It will be the best kind of romance - one between equals.:cool:

Itachi WILL survive Iruka, though not easily. And Iruka will survive [name here]...though not easily!:eek:

Naruto WILL cross paths with Itachi. And he will be very distrustful of the Uchiha.:mad:

Mr. Shit WILL become intimately acquainted with Lady Fan. And they will spawn horrid, smelly little electric-powered offspring. Frequently.

Still having some trouble with Arc II ending, but it's coming. Keep watching - less than a week or so, probably...

5. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

I like Lost Soul. There's something to it. The writing's not bad. The plot drags and it's not particularly novel, but it's enjoyable to read.

6. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

True, but there were some decent ideas here and there through his fics. Besides that, the combined works of Mr.Riddler, Bloodraver and LT have encouraged me to check out the Naruto eps. and maybe try my own fic.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  7. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

8. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

Aaaaand back to our Scheduled Programming...

Ugh. Three weeks of writer's block, courtesy of my sister's wedding. Well, nobody got killed or ran off screaming, the food was good, despite being French, and I've finally started writing again.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4061318/29/

9. DarkAizen

Ok man, welcome back and all that, but I`m starting to doubt your story.As the chapters went by your starting to show Itachi in a more vulnerable way.

He lost the fight with Iruka, now he`s at the mercy of those Wave people. Itachi is a cold blooded murderer, who, in canon, managed to give Sasukle a hell of fight in a weaken state. This Itachi is nothing compared to the canon one.

Sure he has some witty remarks, and that makes your fic great, but we need some action, we need Itachi to go and kill somebody.

The second part of your chapter was interesting, if you are going to take your story into a Sasuke perspective, it`s cool.

Anyway, I can see how you are trying to give Itachi some character, make him a complex person with complex principles, but sometimes Kill first and ask questions later is needed.

Edit: The Iruka bit is bullshit btw, If Orochimaru could create something to beat Itachi, it means he would have beaten him himself. Itachi`s Sharingan could paralyze people just by looking at them.

Again, Welcome Back.

Aizen.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  10. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

Heh, but what you need to realise is that I told you that I was going to start peeling away the layers of armour off of Itachi. Sure, it's going to bring out some weird characteristics...

But I promise you that soon Itachi is going to go bat-shit-fucking CRAZY on some very unfortunate person's ass. Things are gonna get drawn out, which in my mind is the best way to write a story, and then that little rubber band is going to SNAP...!

We're nowhere near finished, Aizen...keep on reading.

And that was NOT Sasuke.

11. DarkAizen

That`s good to hear.

Not Sasuke you say? NOOOOOOO. Doesnt matter XD

12. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

Ah-haha! Here's the rub - Orochimaru considered it a failure, as it wouldn't respond to his will. The basic 'pain' seal works well against it, but Orochimaru wouldn't accept an experiment that could preclude his obtaining the body for himself, hmm?

More to the point...Orochimaru put it on Iruka as a child. Iruka was strong then, but he was a Genin at the time, ergo, Genin-level capabilities albeit upper-genin. But Iruka has grown tremendously since then, as has the powerboost afforded by said seal, which is in effect a chakra multiplier as opposed to a straight boost.

Some apocryphal backstory: Orochimaru tried to perfect that seal to allow control to remain with the user (mostly), but he found that he had to choose between control and power. And Orochimaru, as a jutsu technician, naturally chose control instead of brute force. Jiraiya and Tsunade are physically more powerful than Orochimaru, but Orochimaru is far more intelligent and crafty than either of them. It's only together that they can fight him to a standstill, so it fits within his character to choose precision over power.

Prototypical seal: Almost identical to Juugo's abilities. Incredible power, but low control.
    Modern seal: Diluted power (though still great), with good control.

Wheels, mate, wheels.

Bloodreaver Alpha OUT.

13. Aakunen

Aakunen Second Year

At the beginning I really liked this story - it showed Itachi from a bit different perspective than usual and so on.

But as the story progressed I started to lose interest and when the started reading the last chapter I thought "Why the hell am I reading this?".

The whole Wave Arc was when it started to get just boring but it was super!Iruka besting Tsukuyomi what killed it for me.

I can't stop to remember the guy who was owned by Mizuki - Naruto's and his lifes were threatened back then, so why he didn't use his crazy hax skills to save them and instead of that waited for a miracle?

Meh.

3/5

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  14. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

*shrugs* Oh, well. Read it or don't read it; makes no difference to me. I'm glad you liked it at the beginning, at least, but transition in literature is never going to be a simple, universally-adored product.

Change, as they say, is inevitable. They never said it would be welcome.

15. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Im liking it so far. I agree with you that Iruka is a blank slate and can be taken in pretty much any direction, but Homura's statement that even without the seal, Iruka could best Tsunade is a little over the top. But that's easy enough to over look.

What isnt however, is your use of the word 'sannin'. Sannin is not a rank, or even a level. It is a unique title given to three ninja; Orochimaru, Tsunade and Jiraiya. (Indeed, sannin loosely means 'three ninja') They are the Dentetsu no Sannin. Granted, I'm pretty sure you are only using it as a comparison level. IE, As powerful as a... but it's still a pet peeve of mine.

Edit: Also, your sig pic is nasty.

16. Bloodreaver Alpha

Bloodreaver Alpha Squib

*sigh* That's also one of my pet peeves. In fact, I've included a rant about that very subject in one of my chapters.

I only use the term 'Sannin' in reference to the concept of 'one of the'. The terms Sennin, on the other hand, I use more liberally, as it means 'Sage' or 'Hermit'. Far too many people think of the terms, being only one letter off in English, are interchangeable.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I did note in your non-chapter that you've read Shogun. And here I thought I was the only person around here that read James Clavell (I've still never read Whirlwind though, have read all the other books in the series).

18. greywizard-dumblemort

greywizard-dumblemort Fourth Year

Well, this is different.

When i ignore Iruka i really like this.
    The Iruka thing's just a personal preference by the way, i'm not taking a dig, i just don't really like him.

Having written a Naruto fic myself i know just how hard it is working powerlevels, its never quite perfect.

Keep writing man.

Btw, should the fancy take you, some epic Itachi ass-kickery at the end would be ace.

19. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I know that book, and I wish there was a sequel. :(

20. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

It's been about 8 years since I last read the James Clavell books, but isn't Gaijin set in the same 'verse as Shogun?

I thought Shogun/Taipan/Gaijin/Noble House all used the same alternate history/families.