1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Dimension Hopping for Beginners by nonjon - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by nonjon, Mar 5, 2006.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Title: Dimension Hopping for Beginners
    Author: nonjon
    Rating: M
    Genre: Parody/Action/Adventure
    Pairing: None (sort of)
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 56,035
    Updated: March 13, 2006
    Published: March 4, 2006

Summary: In the heat of the battle, he swore a blood oath to defeat Voldemort in every form. But when you factor in his understanding and abilities to travel to alternate dimensions, it presented the sort of problem only a Harry Potter could have.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2829366/1/

Here's the finished version I'm posting.

Checked by Minion, February 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  2. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Sweet.

3. Ranku

Ranku First Year

Very nice. I look forward to the rest of them--someone finally got to do what we all want to. I always wanted to hit Harry upside the head for thinking about Ginny when there was a psycho killing people out there that was his responsibility to stop. Good job, nonjon.

4. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I just wanted to hit Harry for thinking of Ginny period.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Great stuff nonjon.

6. Ranku

Ranku First Year

The second chapter of this story is up on nonjon's yahoo group, and I'd like to be the first to say I was.. very disturbed. I know where you got the idea of for the second world, of course, but I never read the itself. Good writer or not, I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Anyways, extreme well done, and I nearly spit my coke when I got to a couple parts.

The first world is combines everything that alot of those types of stories usually use... oh god. I just had a horrible thought. You aren't going to do a Severitus world, are you. Or a slash one? Right. Because you aren't that cruel.. are you?

The thought is too horrible, and thus I must cut off this post. Good job nonjon, truelly worthy of my mouthful of coke I choked on.

P.S.: I fully expect you to reimburse me for that coke, buddy. :)

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

First Chapter: Brilliant plot-bunny and very smoothly executed, well done Nonjon.

8. nonjon

Yeah, I needed to establish early on that A.K. isn't shy about eradicating an entire world's existence. Now when he kills annoying people indiscriminately, it won't seem near as bad being just a few people.

And I know it's not a large genre but I'm pretty sure there's more than just one fic involving ballet. Didn't mean to attack any one in particular, but it was easier than a generic 'muggle' high school. And I've only ever read a summary that says 'ballet', never the fic. Because I know nothing good will ever come of clicking that link. At best, it's a romance fic. Which is another way of saying, at least in my tastes for fanfic, "At best, you'll want to shoot yourself in the head."

And yes, there will be a Harry/Draco slash world (same chapter as the Harem!Harry world). And yes, there will be a Severitus!Harry world. But have a little faith in me. I fully intend to treat both of those worlds with all of the respect and kindness they deserve. I mean, I'm nonjon! What am I if not respectful and kind?

9. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

*snickers* Yeah right. I'm sure you'll be playing all of the genres out there. Great story. I found that scene with Luna hilarious!

10. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

:lol: shit there funny. so far there are only harry that likese ginny and hermoiney.

why don't you visit get A.K. to visit other harry's from the world of fanfiction instead of making one up from your own. it will be alot easer.

11. nonjon

Err... what am I doing now that's different from that?

For a moment I'd considered having him visit actual specific fanfic's worlds. I wanted him to meet up with like Wishweaver's 'Sparky' or the-dreamer4's 'Magus Harry' and get them to get their asses in gear and hurry up. But I decided to skip specifics and just hit the generic sorts of fanfic worlds, like Severitus!Harry, super!Harry, muggle!Harry, Azkaban!Harry, etc...

And for the record, the known pairings Harrys (that A.K. meets in this fic) will have are Ginny, Hermione, Draco, Luna, Bellatrix, and one with a harem of... well. That one I'll leave a surprise for now. I didn't have the patience to try and hit them all.

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I loved the harem!Harry. The best part was when Molly stepped in - hillarious! Photo album thing was great too.

I just didn't understand that Arthur joke; but then again, I've never read a single marriage contract story (I've only ever seen summaries), so I guess it's maybe from one of them?

13. nonjon

Well, Mr. Intel has a fic entitled "The Bargain" about Arthur Weasley and James Potter being attacked by Death Eaters and sort of striking a deal to get their kids betrothed. It wasn't exactly intended and I don't think James was being too serious at the time, but it happened. I haven't read the fic, but I've heard it's decent (even among those who aren't rabid harry/ginny shippers).

That fic was undoubtedly one of the inspirations for how I managed to give Harry a harem. And considering, every other "parent" to the harem ladies is unknown, I just kept giving them the name "Arthur". I mean we don't know the name of Susan, Luna, Daphne, Parvati & Padma's dads. So I just borrowed Ginny's dad's name to perhaps hint towards the inevitable James locked in a cell with Arthur Weasley. But I thought a little comparison and reminder of how similar doing Molly would be to doing Narcissa, as well as just being plain mean to Ginny, was too good an opportunity to pass up.

And strangely Harry/Narcissa is vastly more popular than Harry/Molly. Even though Ron-bashing is as common nearly as Draco-bashing. And I'd think Arthur could be bought off with a decent set of muggle kitchen appliances.

Just makes you think next time you're reading a Harry/Narcissa fic. :twisted:

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, he's practically married to one :)

Oh great, thanks a lot for the picture... I just imagine Harry stripping Narcissa down and seeing a lable on her knickers "Ferret has been here first"...

15. nonjon

I'd think it'd be more like "Ferret came shooting out of here when it was swollen and bloody and looked more like someone was squeezing a tube of juicy fetus paste."

And then those scars she tries to hide make more sense too. And the unmistakable hints of cottage cheese. (Oh like a rich pureblood wife works out to keep in shape. Yeah... that seems likely.)

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Oh god, nonjon, Molly Weasley? That's horrible. Just horrible. But I still liked it, especially Daphne with the edible underwear. Great! :)

17. nonjon

I just like the idea that she makes as much sense as Narcissa does.

And come on... if Ginny was your other choice...

We know at least one of the redheads can cook and clean. :]

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Not to meantion you get more Weasley live weight for the same price. :)

19. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

Oh that was great! Not my favourite dimention, but very good still.

I'm glad that A.K. didn't kill both Harry and Voldemort in one go. I mean one can only have so much power.

Keep up the good work and update soon.

20. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

:O_O: Molly Weasley? I had to read that line three times to make sure i was reading it right. It had me laughing out of my seat a few seconds later. Really, that was unexpected... Funny chapter nonetheless! :D