1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion about the cliffhanger in Changes

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Innomine, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Quoted from Wikipedia.
    That seems to imply that he's either some kind of supernatural being, or became a "Born Again" supernatural being later in life, so to speak. Similar to how Changelings work.

Anyway, I know this is just one of many interpretations, but the similarities between Malcolm and Harry's afterlife stuck with me.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

What you said I said:
    What I actually fucking said:
    Don't fucking do that.

3. Phantom of the Library

What I meant to imply is that the corpse could either signify his outer shell, or he could have "died" (Or rather, born again) and became the demonic visage Dresden saw, rather than just being empowered by Drakul. Wasn't disregarding what you were saying. lol

Can't tell if you're actually getting butthurt over it though.

4. Tehan

Enjoying summer holidays, I see. People like you who think being a retard is somehow praiseworthy and anyone that reacts to it at all is 'butthurt' are a blemish on the human race.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Urge to punch you in the throat rising.

6. Phantom of the Library

Just think you're taking one misinterpreted comment way too seriously. I'm not trolling or any stupid crap like that. If you just take a step back it does seem like something small to get mad over, hence, why I would consider it weird if it actually bothered you to that degree.

/shrug.

edit:

I'm also kind of curious how I'm 'being a retard.' Apparently poorly wording one post is proof of mental deficiency these days.

J22
  7. Tehan

Using the word 'butthurt' to counter people disliking you being an idiot is what makes you a retard. And damn near anyone would agree that being deliberately misquoted in a way that completely distorts what you actually said is really fucking annoying.

8. Phantom of the Library

Actually, I didn't try to counter it with that, I actually first explained that I wasn't trying to misquote you intentionally, and therefor didn't realise why you would get mad over it. I'll admit, butthurt is a poor choice of word and I should have just used angry, as it can conjure up images of mouth breathing morons laughing at their own ability to act like a jackass, but I didn't think that would be such a big deal either.

As I've tried to explain, it wasn't deliberate. Hell, why would I even want to? I don't see how it would benefit the discussion at all.

Basically I'm saying I wasn't trying to be an ass hat for the sake of causing stupid squabbles over pointless crap. Truce?

9. Tehan

Kids these days. No fight in 'em.

Truce.

10. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

Diplomacy at its finest.

11. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I took this to mean that he was real in some manner as opposed to simply being a figment of Harry's imagination (as he would have been were Harry simply dreaming normally). He didn't say "I'm not a ghost" or anything as specific as that unless I am remembering it wrong.

Tehan covered this quite well.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed via Butcher somehow that the corpse behind Kincaid was Mavra. She's Black Court (corpse, hello?) and she was probably present (even though the vampire they killed at the end probably wasn't her). She's also pretty kickass at magic, so my understanding has been that she was veiled and watching what was going on from a vantage point that allowed Harry to see her when he looked at Kincaid.

I don't remember if that was confirmed by Butcher, if it was mentioned obliquely in another book, or what. But I know I didn't catch it on my original read through of the book.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah that's me, and I'd given the idea a bit more thought when I posted it on the JB forums, especially regarding Cassius' motivations and what he would be thinking at the time of his death.

13. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

Hoping he'll say "I really love it when a fan figures something out." or something along those lines?

edit: that would be so cool!

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's a life's ambition of mine to have that happen from an author of one of my favourite series :p.

15. Jon

Oh shit.

I just got a sneak peak at the new book añ̢͇̫̝̯̼̮̓ͧ͛͒͒̉͂̌ͦ̾̃ͥͯ̂́̚͠d̶̡̨͉̥̟̳̼̬̬̂ͣ̈ͪͧ̉͛̍̏̌ͫ̐͐͡ ̛̦͚̪̘̗̮͙̰͎̼̖̫ͫ͑̆̓͒́ͨ́̕H̵̢̱͙̜̥͊͒̇ͯ̓͊̚͡a̜͔̩͚͙̠͍̹͖͍̘̱̞̠ͧ̉͋͊̈́ͬ͊ͫͯ̆̊̀̿̓̅̚͟͡r̶ͯ̽́͂ͣ̿͏̷҉̯̘̥͚̺̪͓͍̼̖̙̻̲̘̦̝ͅͅṟ̩̹̘̺̜̟͚͔͕̳̰̈́ͥ͒ͦ̐ͨ̆̃͜͜͞͞͝ͅy̶̢̲̺̼̥͎̗̭̰̣͕̮̺͕̓ͩ͊͌̂̉̉̊̈͆̏̓̇̿͛̍̚ ̢̛̲̯̻̺̮̰̮̱̮͓̭͚̘ͩͧͫ̄͗̿̃ͩ͋̍̈́̄̍́̒̕͟͡D̨̅̎̓ͭ͐ͥ́̉ͩ̇ͣͩͭ̾̍̒̐͢҉̗͖̦͕̟̫̫͕̼̬r̨̟͇͉͍̜̪̺̬̪̰͙̖̦͉̯̜͍̬̺͆͊͒ͮ̉̿ͩ́̀̕e̽̐ͥ̏͋͏͖̘͎̘̙̼͉͈̣́͝ͅŝ̸͈͎̻̪̗͍͈̦̰̹͔̠̠ͯͧ͋̓͛ͥ͆ͯ͜ͅd̷̡̡̹͎̱̥̠͍͎͖̗ͮͤ͊̄̊̏ͨẽ̆ͮ̑͌͒̂̅̂̐͛̈͗̌̔̓̽̂̆͏̨̨̟̙͚̭͔̝̥͈́͢n̡̛̗͍̠̘͔̘̺͓͔̖̻̟͓̮̮͕̱̙̲ͣ̾̃͛ͬͦ̿ͫͨ̏̋̊̽͋̀͝͠ ̨̺̫̤̯̦͖̜̪̫̩̲̥͉͈̳̗̯̣̬̀̅ͨ͒̀̃ͭ̓̏͐͒̅̊ͫ̃̀̚i̝̹̦̮͓̤̺̭̥̻̲͉̬̬͔̤̪͐͊̀ͨ̏͞ͅͅs̛̤̭͔̝̬̝͖̠̻̳̯̺͈͚͙͉̺͚̘̆̓͊̒̋̓̉͐̇̃͌ͬͭ͌͊̈̅̔́̚ ̢̗̩̙͕̭͍̜͈̽̆̾̄ͭ̂͌̐ͪ̍̾̿̿̊́ͪͮ̂̀͜͞t̶̷̤̲̹̠̣̳̩̪͈͚͍͉̝͈̜̲́͋̑̄̐̄ͧ̆̉̓̋̓̔̕ͅh̰͕͎̐̒̎̏͊ͧͣ̿ͭ͒ͦ̈́̋̒́͡eͮ̍ͯ̂͌͗̆͗̇ͤ́͞҉̶̤̳͇̝̣̞̼̱͈̼̜̝͍͙͢ ̷̸̯͕͙̘̯̯̗̘͈̰̠̦͎͔̂͊̃̔̇̀́͘m̓̉ͯ̈͐̊̓̇ͣ̆ͪ̓̆̄͋ͤ̀҉̫̪̗̻ͅa̵̸̭͉͎͙̬̖̱̜̦̯͔̰̤̦̤͚͔ͬ̓ͤͣͧ͌ͣ̎̚i̍ͤ̇̆̏͒͊͏͏̷̯̙͉̩̰̗̜̫̜͚̲̪͈̜͍͚ṇ̸͉̼͙̙̹̤̆ͯͣͦͦͯͥ͋͛ͪ̿̔̾͑͗̚͟͝ ̴̶̛͉̻̙͙͈ͫ̇̌ͫ̏̾̊̓c͎̹̼͓͓̳͈͓͇͍̲̯̮ͩ̌̋̑ͫͪ̍͌̐͋ͨ̀͘͟͝ͅȟ̸̶̠͈̘̞̿ͥ͑ͫ̀ͤ̄̆̐̀͟ă͔͉͈̗̘͖̣̳̭͖̖̤̺̰̺ͭ͗ͩ̾̈́̾ͫ̇͒̓̆̈̐̀̕͟ͅͅr̛ͧͦ͋̎ͩ̑͞͏̮̲̺̜͉̩̻̼̻̗̫ͅa̴̤̞͕̼̩̥̒͛͗͋͌̕͘c̘̤̲̩̘̘͕̤̣̞͙̰͌̆ͩ̎̈́̽̍͐̎̈́̂ͭ̍̈́̌̋̿̈́ͮ̀́͟͞ţ̨̢̻͈̯̞̾̑̈̿͑́e̺̠̜̙̱̘̝ͨ̾ͪ̿̂̾̔́͝r̸̠̖̗͇͚̣͓̰̙ͭ͆͐̂̃̋͊̆̓̆̆ͨ̐ͤ̑ͭ̓͝!̸̴̤͈͉̙̟͂̎́̔ͭ̾̚

16. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is my text encoding wrong or something?

17. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

If it is, so is mine--but I'm thinking that was Jon's post, not ours.

18. Tehan

N̞̊̕o͇͇ͨͤ̊̀ͯ͡ť̶̌̊̏ͣͥḫ̗̗̜͉̩͔ͤͭ̾͢i̱n̶͙͍̽̂ͥg̹̔̈̔̈͒̚ ̙͒ͬ́t̫̺̐́̽͊ͣ̆̆͜ỏ̢͛͒̏̈ͤ̚ s̛͔͖͖͎̓ͣ͛̏̄̚e̯̳͓̹̹͇̤̔̀̊̊͑e̎ͪͮͧ҉̭̪ h̾͋҉̳̳̫͙̫̖̦ͅḛ̵͇ͯͬ̃͂ͨͣͤͅṟ͖ͯͨ̉̂̽͘̕͜e̖̙͓̰̳̤̬ͨ͂̈́ͥͦ͛́,̖̳͂ͨ̆ͥ̏̔ ̴̴̣̭̈͒̐͌c̃ͤ̀͞͏͎͈͓i̔̒͑̽̆͒҉͉͇̘͔̻̩̭͙t̵̛̤̞̜̆̋̈̎ͯ͠i̸̼̥̖̝͌̄ͮ̋́͝z̨̙̠ͦ͋̂́e̲̗͛͗͊̕nͣͤͧ̋͜҉̛̯͚.͖̬̱͈̬̲͔̔ͬ̈́̉̔̂͆̊́ ̲̳̫̩̭̋ͫͦͩ̐̏ͮ̿̄M̷̶̫͈͓̖̤̟̿̊̓͘ơ̴̴̧̲̬̹̲̤͓͍̯̩̅̎ͬ̃̊̌̉̓̉̂̆̐̔͛͂ͭͯ̀ͅͅv̨̋͌͑̓ͥ͒ͬ̓̃ͪͬ̔͒̎͆ͮͧ̈́͠͝҉̻̥̝̗̗̲e̷͍̣̳̞͈̤̘̝͗̍ͭ̓̂̎͋͆̇̓̅ͤ̊͂͛̂͑͗̃̀͞ ̛̛̘͔̤͍̭̘̳̖͔̟͙̜̖̩̹̘͖̈́͂̀̈̉̀ǎ̴͕̥̣̯̫̹͚̰̱̭ͬ̂̅̂ͣ̍̀̇̇ͨͮ͢ͅľ̶̵̯̲̫̝̩̘̳̩ͮ̽̇̓͌̐ͫ̆̉͑ͮ͛̄͂o̲͈̫̫ͦͨ̏̀ͨͫͬ͊̈́̑̀ͬͦͥ̐ͯ̌̀̀̚͟͠n̶̡͔̥̖͕͖͙̼͕̬̭̻̗̖͕̯̠̱̬̬ͪ͌ͧ̍̈̈́̿̏͆̔ͫͫͣͥ̔̅ͤ́͘ǵ̍̒̽ͦ̏ͯͮ̐̊̇́́̚͞͏̝̪̬̝͇̖̭̻̩͇̩̭̟̟̭.̸͍̠̣̼͓̻̘̪͔͚̼̘̅ͫ̂͊̈͋̂͗͊̔̚͜

19. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nah, it's just zalgo text. here Looks like it says Harry Dresden is the main character?

20. Jon

:awesome

Bitch ruined my tricks.