1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP app on Android

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by Seratin, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've bee using the DLP Mobile app for the last year and I fibd it really convenient as my time on the laptop is limited these days.

Just wondering if there's any desire to keep working on it. Adding features like being able to post topics or reply to threads would be great. Even just find a fix for the problem of large threads not loading entirely.

2. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but the title fits, so here goes:
    I'm a long time lurker on DLP and mostly use the app for browsing the forums (a phone is so much simpler than a laptop when relaxing in bed!).

So if anyone is still working on it, here are some bugs I noticed (using Android 5 here):
    - links do not work properly for me: The combination of app and browser adds an additional http://%22 before the link, resulting in errors.
    - images are not displayed
    - some formatting is not supported, e.g. centering, mentions, lists.
    - trying to ignore a thread leads to a crash

Anyways, thanks for the good work in creating the app in the first place! Despite the issues, I'm using it regularly and am quite happy with it.

yak
  3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    EDIT: My apologies, the "android" portion was not noticed from the main forum display.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  4. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Zenzao, this thread is about Android's DLP app.

If you're having issues on the 3DS - and the timing would suggest it's related to DLP's webserver upgrade - then create a new thread.

5. Redzonejoe

Redzonejoe Squib

High Score:
    Not sure whether to make a new thread or post here... Since this thread is about the Android DLP app, here I am.

I'm primarily a mobile user, and in my brief time with the site, I've found it to be somewhat difficult to navigate. The 'search' tab at the top disappears if I try to use it, the notice of my muggle status is far larger than it needs to be, I have to zoom in quite a bit to read quotes and some posts... There are other issues, but I digress.

I recall reading something somewhere about DLP being supported on android. A quick Google search brought me to this page, which then sent me off to the store to find it.

Finding it wasn't particularly difficult, but it was by no means easy either. It took a few different attempts using different keywords and some scrolling, but I found it.

Only to find I can't log in. Invalid username/password it says.

Just to be sure, I logged out of the chrome browser version of DLC, and back in. My username and password are correct.

So does anybody have any idea of what the issue is? Am I using the wrong app after all? (green background with a yellow lightning bolt.)

I vaguely entertained the notion that the site doesn't recognize me as a user due to my muggle status, but I'm not sure how that would work, so I'm doubtful.

This was the only Android DLP thread I could find, I'd normally search a bit more before posting for help.

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The app's thread is here: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=24551

I'm not sure why you can't log in, but DLP Mobile is a read-only app anyway. You can't post with it.

As for your issues with accessing DLP on your phone's browser, try another browser and see if the problems persist. It works fine on Android's Chrome for me. Your muggle status is buried in a tiny font as it should be. As for the search drop down menu, try scrolling to the right on your phone and you'll find it has appeared out there in the black somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  7. Redzonejoe

Redzonejoe Squib

High Score:
    The muggle notice thing are the words at the top of every page. 'Hello Redzonejoe! Welcome to DLP. You have been promoted...'

It's less an issue and more an uncomfortably large annoyance, one that helped fuel my desire for the DLP app. One that might well vanish after this post.

Read-only, however? That's somewhat disappointing, but still has its uses, for sure. I'll check out that thread, thanks.

As for the search menu, I found it appearing to the right, yes. The issue is that when I click on the white bar to select it for typing, it vanishes back into the void where tabs go when they aren't being used. But this isn't the place to report that, it was again just something that pushed me towards the app.

8. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Redzonejoe: It's not only you. I've not been able to log in for a while now and I can't image why, as both my phone and the app are the same as in the days it worked afaik.

9. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

Had the same problem with logging into the android app a couple weeks ago. Kept telling me me username/password were invalid, even though they were the same ones I was using successfully on browser.

I've just been using the iphone skin for mobile web browser when I want to use DLP on my phone since then, so without testing I can't say if it's still happening for me.

Never had a problem logging in via the browser, whether on mobile or desktop.