1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP DnD

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Zeelthor, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My schedule doesn't really allow for another game at this point, but if anyone ends up playing the Dresden Files RPG I've got a lot of experience GMing it so I'd be willing to give advice on that front. Also, I wouldn't recommend PbP in general as it is very easy to get bogged down, especially when combat rolls around. A fight that would last an hour over voice chat can go on for weeks in PbP. Not fun.

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

And enthusiasm tends to fall off.

3. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

I've DM'd a whole lot of Pathfinder (though all with the same group) and some Dungeon World (powered by Apocalypse). Also been a player in both systems, as well as DnD 3.5, 5, GURPS and probably some others for various amounts of time.

I'd prefer to DM a Pathfinder Adventure Path, basically a preset adventure going from level 1 to level ~15. There are some good ones, Kingmaker has a sort of open-world exploration vibe and is, imo, the best one. I have run most of Kingmaker before and would be fine with doing so again. Carrion Crown is a horror theme campaign that seems pretty good. Whole bunch of others that cover basically any setting.

So, stealing from Hawkin,

System: Pathfinder
    Campaign: TBD (if you have a preference, state it)
    DM: Dellez
    Time:TBD
    Players: 6 MAX
    Platforms: Discord/Skype & Roll20

4. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

Interesting ideas for the games, any information on timezones? (You might consider putting in some time when you as DM are usually available)

5. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Steeling the format from Hawkin:

System: Delta Green (standalone version of the orginal Call of Cthulhu setting)
    Campaign: Oneshots or small campaigns in one shared universe (i.e. as long as your characters are sane and/or alive)
    GM: Jibril
    Time: Sundays TBD (CET)
    Players: 3
    Platforms: Discord & Orokos Dice Roller

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    If you can make it on a same time for Europe, Hawkin, and don't mind explaining (and/or pointing to required reading) to a new player, count me in.

7. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'd love to join as a player, as long as it isn't on FATE. Saturday afternoon/evening GMT would work best for the extended, but I can currently make basically any time.

I've DMed in person for a few games (storyteller and d100), and I've been a player in a few others, so I'm willing to give a hand to anyone who wants it for setting up/planning. However, it's only been within a small group and nobody else has any external experience, so I can't be certain I've got everything correct.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  8. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

So I've made a Discord Channel. Feel free to join, and post your campaign concept in the campaign_list channel. If you're looking to join a group, talk in the LFG channel and state the time your available, the system you'd like to play or any other pertinent information.

Here's the link (it should never expired):

https://discord.gg/e32trH2

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  9. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    I'd be down, so long as people are okay with someone who's never played DnD before.

Same sorta deal as Rep, really.

10. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

First timer are always welcome! :)

---------- Post automerged at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

I'm pretty much available from 8AM to 12PM on Sunday so...whichever time fits the most number of interested player will be what we're playing.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    For me (and I assume other first-timers) the only info I can provide is time available, as I don't really know the systems or what other preferences might be useful. So you might want to either decide on those yourself, or lay the available options out in newbie-friendly terms.

Regarding time, as long as it's sunday and avoids 2am-10am CET, I don't have an issue.

12. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

The Discord server (https://discord.gg/e32trH2) is all setup.

We already have a D&D 5E campaign setup with Rep, Enembee, Cteatus, Typhoon, and Xepheria. We have Jibril who's looking for players for his DeltaGreen/Cthulu campaign. I thought it could be a good place to have DLP players, but also their recommended friends to look for RPG group or offer their services as a DM for some oneshots or a more long term campaign.

@Dellez if you want to join and post on discord to find players, feel free to do so.

13. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Will do. Thanks for putting in the work, Hawkin.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

(joined and posted in the Discord)

Done some Pathfinder, AD&D, and a few other systems in the past(such as a TMNT-themed mutated animals PnP RPG). Haven't touched D&D5E yet, although I'm not against learning the nuances.

Certainly interested in doing a Pathfinder campaign again, after my last one bombed mostly due to one particular less-invested player effectively inducing suicide by whipping/beating, and also forcing the death of somebody that was more or less soul-bound to protect them.

Reasonably interested in one of the games mentioned in post#20 of the thread, as well, Hawkin. Especially if the Pathfinder game doesn't end up running, for whatever reason. Looks like times wouldn't conflict even if it did, though.

15. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Alright. Been talking to Avery and we're both still looking for a game. I'm 1+ GMT and she's at 8+.

Ideally we'd kinda have a group with European and Asian players and any in between to sync up the timezones.

As for games... Shadowrun, Vampire: The masquerade, DnD. Games like em.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know I said I didn't have time, but I've decided otherwise. I'd be willing to GM or play Shadowrun 4e or 5e. I haven't played 5e yet, but I've got a solid background in 4e so i know there works pretty well.

17. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Join the discord!

18. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Running a D&D 5E oneshot next weekend. Join the Discord server posted earlier in this thread if you're interested or want more information.

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How do you feel about silent observers?

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I think it might be kinky.