1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards by Corwalch - G+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by nonjon, May 26, 2006.

1. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

updated, A nice peek inside Mrs. Malfoy's mind.

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I am so sick of the cliche "burning all harrys stuff" beginnings. There must be like 60 Azkaban storys that start with that.
    And Harry rants a bit too much. Good story though.

3. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

It's one of my all-time-favorite Betrayed!Harry fics. The punishments are creative and generally fit the crimes committed against our hero. They aren't even violent. Harry's various acts of revenge against Snape, Umbitch, and the Dursley's were all perfectly legal. He didn't even manipulate the legal system like AD so loves to do. The punishments of the students were all reactive - the ones who leave him alone get left alone, and each of the punished children can enact his own cure.
    I'm just delighted that this isn't another Azkaban!Harry fic that ends up with everyone sitting in a circle holding hands and singing "Kumbaya." Or with a psycho Harry wading hip-deep through blood and internal organs.
    I *like* a strong, savvy Harry. Although this one IS both awesomely powerful and brilliant, he's interesting. He doesn't have to be a superpower or have godlike intelligence, so long as he has a spine and an alert mind...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  4. MonCappy

MonCappy Fifth Year

This fanfic is awesome. I have been trying to find it for a while now. I hope it gets updated soon. I happen to think the punishment Harry gave Hermione was deliciously vengeful. The way he fucks over the Weasleys and Molly in particular (with regards to the Tiara) is satisfying in a delightfully evil and vindictive fashion.

Considering how the Wizarding World behaves toward Harry I can understand his hatred. I hope that he lets them go hang. The fuckers got what they deserved when they decided to act like a bunch of mindless fucking sheep.

5. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

updated, now complete, a bit hurried in the end, but still good.

Sorry Wiccan Wizard is updated, my bad.

6. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Err ... neither of these fics is updated. At least not on hpfandom.net

But he completed The Wizard of Silence, a HP/Charmed crossover, a few days ago (August 21).

He even posted it on ff.net now:

The Wizard of Silence

HPCharmed XOver. The Dursley's hate magic so much they are willing to try & handicap Harry to insure he doens't become a Wizard. However the wizarding community aren't the only ones watching over Harry & someone intends to intervene. Rating T to be safe
    Complete - Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: T - English - General - Chapters: 21 - Words: 127,772 - Reviews: 30 - Updated: 8-21-07 - Published: 8-21-07

7. maidros

maidros Fourth Year

I am rather divided about this fic. It is a fairly good read, but does have a few most unfortunate cliches.

Good: A creatively vengeful Harry, decent characterisation, his punishments fit the crime.

Bad: Azkaban turns Harry to super!Harry (Rhetorical Question: Why didn't all the Death Eaters in Azkaban turn into super Death Eaters?), the accursed Everyone-Betrays-Harry-and-burns-his-stuff cliche, No one can undo Harry's spells (Are the rest of them squibs?).

All in all, a decent read.
    3.5/5

Regards,
    Maidros

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

This was good. I liked it. Aside from the aformentioned plot holes... I liked it. The apparent Harry/Luna is but a plus.

Although, it'd be nice if Harry started calming down right about now. Simmering anger rather than boiling– his speeches wear on you (honestly, when the Weasily's came to the Dursleys over the summer, I think it would've been more prudent for him just to say "Never speak to me again," and simply slam the door on them) and curt speech is sometimes better than drawn out monologues about how much Harry hates everything.

3~/5

9. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Its one of my favorite stories. The story was written in 2005...or started at least. I can't wait for it to be updated again, which will most likely take another 4 months, since he seems to update every 6 months.

10. Vilkath

Vilkath Squib

I like this fic because Harry does not just forgive every one, which is all to common in Azkaban fics. Especialy those ones where Harry rantsa bout their betrayl for several chapters, then magicaly forgives every one in the end. On the other hand I am a little disapointed that Harry rants and rants and rants in this story but doesn't actualy do much of anything constructive. Either get his revenge, Forgive them, or leave the wizards to their own deaths by Voldemort. This passive agressive behavior is a little anoying, it's like getting short changed at the store and waiting till you are outside to complain about the clerk.

11. scionofkyuubi

scionofkyuubi First Year

Oh dear. I'll be nice, just this once. Necro-posting=bad. Be glad 'twas I that caught you.

12. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Scion, two things.

a) Necro posting is allowed in the library.

b) What does it matter who replies first (though that guy did post more than a week ago, you're really on the ball aren't you), since other people can reply. You're post does not preclude others from addressing the matter.

13. scionofkyuubi

scionofkyuubi First Year

If Necro is allowed in the library, why do I get my head bit off whenever I...

Forget it. Never mind. Sorry, man. Shitty day. Shitty week, really. I'm gonna go read kill Ginny fics until I feel better.

14. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

The only reason I resent necro'ing in the Library is 'cause I get all hopeful about an update - * sniffle * then I'm so disappointed.

Enjoy your catharsis. I hope killing the stalkier-chit helps.

15. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

YES! Update!
    And it's great. I fan-girled all over my review. I should be embarrassed, but I can't seem to care, much...

Edited to add:
    I know the "burning Harry's stuff" is cliche', but it works for this story. It's an integral part of Harry's condemnation of everyone at Hogwarts, particularly including McGonagall.

5/5

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  16. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

The new update is better than i thought it would be. I thought that the council session was a little tedious, considering that I, and most HP readers, knew the events of the first 5 years of his schooling, and generally how fudge plays into it. Good writing, good plot, slightly tedious at times, and occasionally clichéd, but still a good read. 4/5

Veritas

17. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I enjoy reading it. Could do without the 'Dumbledork" and 'dark family'/'defender of the light' crap.

18. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I wish he edited some parts and expanded others, but I got more than I paid for...

19. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's ok, I think. The proceedings of the High Council was ok, way better drafted than most fan-authors manage. But several elements, like the automatic spells to secure the courtroom, are pulled like a Deux ex Machina.

So ... next update will likely be posted October/November '08?

20. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Please don't depress me.