1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards by Corwalch - G+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by nonjon, May 26, 2006.

1. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I agree with the posters above - the court scene was too long.

Harry's new role as Dante is interesting, but the whole "Heir of ..." cliche annoys me quite a bit. Let's wait and see what he does with it.

In the beginning there were some hints that Harry is indeed needed by Dumbledore and the wizarding society - but nothing has been made of it so far. So it's just bwp - bashing w/o plot

2. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Finally got around to reading and I'm just glad the court stuff is over. He's going to be updating his other stuff, so we can expect to wait 6+ months for this one to get anywhere. In other words, I'll be over it by then.

3. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I just left him a rather nasty review, stating exactly how unnecessary and pointless these chapters really are. If it wasn't one to begin with, this story is at this point, a giant parody of pretty much every Azkaban fic.

4. Ikaros Mephisto

Ikaros Mephisto First Year

Ok another Azkaban story, these hardly ever turn out well and already in the first paragraph I’m frowning. ​

Why the hell would Dumbledore come to kill him? Dumbledore who won’t even kill Voldemort? What could Harry possibly have done to have this make sense?

I’m sorry, but WTF?

Neville Longbottom? Killing Neville is worse than all the atrocities committed by Voldemort? Give me a fucking break.

The asinine nicknames for Voldemort and Dumbledore are just retarded. It’s been pointed out in the thread before I know, but they really, really piss me off. This is Dumbledore-bashing without reason. It’s just retarded.​

And why, if Harry can bend magic to his will by mere thought, does he even care what Fudge thinks? Why did he bring him? Why didn’t he simply walk away after he killed Voldemort? Both his and Sirius’s innocence would have come out anyway!
    Super power can be done well, but this; this is a scale of ridiculous that is pure annoyance. ​

I find Arthur Weasley’s character unbelievable, when did he grow a pair? Arthur is the meekest person aside from Neville that we come across in the books. ​

And yet, further down the chapter he tries to do it anyway and is pissed off when it doesn’t work! Harry shows a degree of stupidity heretofore unimagined in this story by unmasking his one day old disguise to Dumbledore. But his clear talent for ineptness doesn’t end there, no he spill that disguise all over Molly Weasley as well. ​

I couldn’t keep reading after this. It’s just too inept and stupid. This story requires a deviation so far from disbelief as to place the reader in the world of My Little Pony!​

-/5 I’d give this story minus points if I could.

5. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    I mostly enjoyed this, except for the nicknames and the court scenes. Other than that, it's decent.
    It was nice to see an unforgiving and sane Harry. Usually he's insane when unforgiving, and a wuss when sane.

... But damn, the nicknames make me want to hurt him. Once, fine; maybe twice, but past that it utterly fails (and creates killing urges... or maybe that's just with me?).

6. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Nope, that's everyone. Until you get jaded enough to ignore it, anyways.

7. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

The nicknames ARE irritating, except when he is deliberately using them to provoke a reaction from listeners (like he does with MacGonagall.)

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  8. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

McGonagall.

9. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

:eek: McGonagall.
    WHY can't I manage to learn that name?
    :wall:

10. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Just pronounce the "Mc" like "Mick", and I think you'll get it. It's what I do.

11. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

This story is okay...maybe better
    Most Askaban stories aren´t that great, because besides the betrayel and ranting and revenge...there isn´t much plot to work with.
    A good thing in this storie is that Harry stays angry,
    he may act childisch and immature sometimes, but at least he has some balls and doesn´t forgive everyone who ask nicely.

Luna, Fred and George, Lupin and partly Hagrid...that are the typical "innocent" character, but that isn´t without a reason.
    Lupin, after what happened to Serius would have to be an unbelieveble idiot to just swallow such a thing again, so a logical choice.
    Luna is a person who knows more than most people give her credit for and I like her, she doesn´t go with the mass, she makes her own way, in cannon and here, too.
    Fred and George are okay, too. They think for themselve and that Molly drugged them was not too unbelievable if you ask me...if sche was thinking that it was for their own good, she would probably do it. The reaction from the twins was okay, too.
    Hagrid...normal he is very aesy to manipulate, but he was charged with crimes he didn´t commit, too, so he skeptism his okay and not too ooc.
    All logical choices, I´m oky with.

I like the funny t-shirts, so sue me. It may seems childish, but fuck, who cares? If you can go all way through it than go it, just don´t stop halfway.

Well, he is "just" the heir to Ravenclaw...it could have been worse, we still have Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Merling, Morgan....so I can live with this *grin* if it isn´t overused in the future.

Dante (Harry)...I loved the way he reacted to Mrs Weasley.

The court was long, but at least logical and not some shit that is too unbelievable. It was okay.

The whole fanfic has some pretty neat points that makes up for the sometime-lows and who doesn´t like Ginny as a little bitch?
    It fits and was fun.

A good was to spend some time, not the best read ever, but there are many, many worse fics.
    One of the better Askaban fics

4/5

12. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

Ikaros Mephisto said it perfectly, no logic whatsoever, plot holes the size of trucks and general retardation...

13. mikeuni

mikeuni Squib

I pretty much agree with XxEnvyxX about this fic. It is certainly not the best fic I have read. I am not sure what the author was trying to write. It is like it is a comedy but is taking a dramatic twist with some parody thrown in. If I were to rate this story I think I would give it a 3.5 our of 5.

14. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Not really, the whole Luna thing is taken out of context in fanon. She's not the all round perfect character with a fun side to her. Fred and George are not the smartest people in the Weasley clan, that goes to Bill and Percy. They will not question Dumbledore when even their little brother, who knew him better than them anyway, pretty much thought Harry was guilty.

Yes, they should be have more dimensions than they had in canon, but this is hardly realistic. As for Hagrid? He won't even listen to a bad word said about Dumbledore. So no, I don't think he would have 'picked' Harry over someone he has shown such devotion to.

15. Ari0n

Ari0n Guest

Well I most definitely had read worse Azkaban fics. Thought endless repeated rants without any purpose are irritating. There are plenty illogical things too. For starters - what the hell Ron and Hermione are doing in the Azkaban fighting DE? Even if they have adult status (what is not clear) there is no way Dumbledore would allow them to participate in the battles (nor they are such a big asset in that field). Last three chapters are mostly pointless, repeating characters bashing from the previous parts of the story.

16. Hemotem

Hemotem Guest

I just finished rereading this and I find it a fairly good read granted the name butchering is getting annoying. I so far like the punishments that have happened to those that he has punished. I truly cannot wait and see who he punishes next. =))

I liked what he did to Hermione personally There must be some other things that she could have used for reading (they have dicta-quills why not something for a blind wizard to be able to read like braille ??)

As far as Harry going overboard of bing angry, Hell I would be pissed off if I was forced back into the area where my life was screwed over so badly.

I would also like to say that I hope to see this Fiction finished soon but alas the author is slow to update his stories.

Fir a rating I would put this at a 4.5/5 I like what has happened so far and hope to see it finished.

Hemotem

17. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

You asshat, I thought the story was updated! Thanks.

18. JaredDrake

JaredDrake Squib

I don't like this story. I think its too word-y at some parts and quite immature. Harry isn't effectively improving his case by throwing long-winded temper tantrums at every chapter. It gets old. I'd rather he just ignore them. If he's really serious about leaving them alone then he'd just cast a spell that would repel people like Hermione and the Weasleys away from him. He's already shown an aptitude at modifying spells that fully grown wizards and witches fail to counter. (Malfoy's transfigured state.

19. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

The story has finally been updated on the 3rd of January. I'm reading chapter 18 now. I hope it was worth it.

20. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Eh - the chapter wasn't worth the time. It still is better written than most fics, but it was more a filler than plot development - except of a short Ginny scene. Dante is dealing with Molly Weasley and its end is obvious.

Corwalch announced the next chapter as the final chapter of the story. We might learn more in about six months.