1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

I just watched Waters of Mars on Youtube. I teared up a little too. It was so AWESOME!!! I love how the Doctor just lost it. But you have to admit that it was a long time coming. After losing so much, he was bound to snap sooner or later.

And can someone link to the Children in Need Special if they can?

2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The water plot was pretty awesome.

A Time Lord.... victorious.

<3

3. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I love the Ood.

EDIT: He locked it like a car! That's funny!

Children in need for those who are stupid and cannot work Google.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  4. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

So that's what happened between him and Queen Elisabeth... heh.

It was kind of obvious that eventually they would show him going 'to far,' but this episode was utterly fantastic.

5. h2o

h2o Professor

Oh yes please. She's hot as hell... reminded me of Hannah Spearritt in that episode. Haven't seen her in anything since tho... shame that.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    After the Pillsberry Doughboy alien babies episode I kind of lost interest in Doctor Who. Gotta say though, Water on Mars and the trailer for Children in Need just cranked the awesome back up too 11.

7. Invader.Azula

That was brilliant! I loved the part when he locked it like a car. And I just know that the Master will bring it.

I can't wait until December!

8. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Holy fuck!

The Time-Lords return and from the looks of things, they aren't the good guys.

The Master was awesome as always.:awesome

Anyway now that I calmed down somewhat, a thing that I didn't enjoy all that much

First of all Dr. Who is British, as such please pander to the British audience. I do not care for Obama in my fiction. Why the hell would his economic policy impact Britain that much? I mean, I understand it is going global, but you don't see the Stargate in Britain now do you?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  9. Invader.Azula

Yes! The first part of End of Time comes on tonight at 9 on BBCA! In a few hours the Master will be on my TV again. I can't wait!

5th doctor. And Tennant is dating her in real life.

Here's the rest of the article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2009/dec/20/david-tennant-best-doctor-who

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  10. Sorrows

That was suitably awsome, glad they didnt have the Doctor brooding over waters of mars episode.

Just two things:

Why can TV shows ever let 'the last of his kind' be the actuall last, they can never resist brining them back some way or another. Still I hope they handle this in a suitably awsome way though it looks like it will be Doctor vs Time Lords in some capibility.

also:

Who is to bettting that the grandad is an old timelord and the women in white is Romana

11. Invader.Azula

Oooh! Me! I totally am!

That was so awesome! The Master really freaked me out though. Seriously, that guy is out of his mind.

And how weird was it watching The Doctor just totally break down like that? He almost made me cry. And does anyone have the feeling that the Time Lords are going to be batshit insane?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  12. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I really want to see the full capacity of the Time Lord powers now that they've returned. Travel between alternatve realities was said to be possible when they were still alive, so The Doctor can see Rose and War!Doctor again..

The Master is one creepy dude, but I love the character who played him, he (like Tennant in my opinion) plays the role masterfully and is one of my favourite characters.:D

13. Sorrows

I'm pretty sure they have completely ended the Rose arc now, and I think the Doctor is going to have other things on his mind anyway.

14. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Thought I read that his companions were returning. Maybe I was wrong, but maybe The Master can melt Rose's clothing off.:awesome

Or maybe it'll be epic and brilliant and The Doctor will pwn before regenerating into a bow tie wearing tweed jacket lover with not so cool hair.

David Tennant's clothes were geeky, but cool. Smith's are just geeky and not quirky in a good way. Meh, maybe his acting will make up for it.

15. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Just saw the end of part 1

Oh fuck. Oh fuck oh fuck ohfuck.
    He's back... and there's more of him. A lot more. Like say... A planetfull... The Doctor is no longer alone. Just like the Face of Boe said. :D

16. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

Rose is coming back for the End of Time part 2.

17. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Is this fact - or hearsay and rumour?

Here's a page with three minutes worth of clips for part 2:

http://www.bscreview.com/2009/12/doctor-who-the-end-of-time-part-2-clips/

In the first clip, it's fucking badass to see Gallifrey, the Citadel of the Time Lords, in near-ruin amongst the remains of thousands of Dalek ships. Gives a bit of reality to the whole Time War.

The Lord President James Bond is suitably evil, as well. It looks like the Doctor actively chose to destroy his people as well as the Daleks. It may not have been a case of both or nothing, but the use of something called the Moment to destroy the Time Lords and/or Daleks as the Doctor saw fit.

The first clip actually explains quite a bit about the Doctors choice to destroy the Time Lords. If the Lord President refused to end a war that was slaughtering millions in every second, across the whole universe, and then Time itself was resurrecting them only to kill them all again in a different way, then the Doctor probably had no other choice.

The second and third clips, with Wilf in tears, offering the Doctor his gun (and a glimpse of a clip that may show the Doctor actually using the weapon) is terribly dangerous character development.

Part 1 of Ten's last run was good - the conclusion is looking epic.

18. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Nice find Joe. I quite like the idea that The Doctor actively chose to destroy his people and that The Time Lords aren't the all knowing, loving people that we had presumed they were. That they are flawed (well except for one or two of them i.e. the woman that got dematerialised/disintergrated) and that The Doctor had to stop two evils. Nice.

19. Boo

Boo Auror

So is the return of the TimeLords gonna be just these two maybe three pisodes or an entire story arc that will span a full season?

Billie Piper The End of Time: Part Two (2010) TV episode .... Rose Tyler

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  20. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Just wrote a huge arse fucking story about that episode, and IE didn't not to fucking respond..

Here we go again..

I'm upset that David Tennant (DT) has left because he was my favourite Doctor (seen older episodes before the reboot, and of course Northern!Doctor Who, the first series of the reboot) and I believe he set the bar very high in regards to how The Doctor acts, and how emotional the Time Lord is (or rather, not emotional, i.e. Bad wolf Bay after the Donna Doctor was born) and although Matt Smith has proven he can act quirky and zany, capturing just the right amount of madness, I won't pass judgment until I see his emotional acting, or his acting as an older, more battle hardened Doctor.

I want to know who that woman that kept appearing to Wilfred was (Was she a Time Lord? Perhaps one of the Shameful? I couldn't draw comparison during the show and have not taped it) and who the woman that The Doctor looked at during The Time Lords arrival. Personally, I believe it could be a relation to The Doctor, perhaps his mother, or, if the Time Lords had been Time Locked for long enough, his wife (He said his people had died but did not mean this literally so the same could be said about his family as he said he had a family once).

We didn't get to see interaction between our Rose (i.e. the one The Doctor had travelled with) and The Doctor and this irked me slightly. I would have liked to see her reaction to him telling her he's regenerating (again).

I liked how Donna had a protection around her to stop her burning up aswell as The Master semi redeeming himself.

Overall, it was a truly spectacular performance from all the cast, but John Simms, David Tennant, and the actor who played Wilfred deserve a large round of applause.

I feel the need to go write some fiction about how The Doctor didn't regenerate now..