1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Dodgers, Dresses, Teddy Bears and Spot by Clell65691 - T - HP/The Munsters

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Dark Minion, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: Dodgers, Dresses, Teddy Bears and Spot
    Author: Clell65619
    Rating: T
    Fandom: The Munsters
    Genre: Humor, Parody, Crossover
    Words: 22,790
    Published: Mar 26, 2013
    Library Category: Humor
    Pairings: No pairing for Harry, and I won't spoil the other pairing.

Summary: Sometimes, an average family has secrets. The residents of 1313 Mockingbird Lane have more secrets than most. Perhaps their biggest secret is how family comes first and foremost. Once he turns 11, young Harry Munster is offered a place at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, but he isn't interested, for four reasons. Dodgers, Dresses, Teddy bears, and Spot.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9136440/1/Dodgers-Dresses-Teddy-Bears-and-Spot

This oneshot is a light-hearted crossover with the Munsters. With 22,000 words it provides a short explanation how the Munsters came to raise baby Harry, and then the story focuses on 1991 and Dumbledore's attempts at getting Harry back.

I always preferred The Munsters over The Addams Family, and I think it's great. Clell manages to capture the atmosphere of the show and its humor. The way Voldemort is dealt with fits right in and is a great addition.

All in all I think it is better than Clell's usual stories. At least some of the best lines are actually taken right from the show, though without them it would have lost quite a lot of its charm.

The one non-canon crossover pairing that actually happens and gains a lot of attention is the element which in the end makes it an almost typical Clell fic: Clell just didn't know when to stop.

Nevertheless I rate it 4/5 and I am surprised that it hasn't been in the library already.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. Rynonis

Rynonis Slug Club Member

If I know nothing at all about the Munsters is it still worth reading?

3. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Yeah, it is still worth reading.

4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

It's a cute if somewhat cliché story. I really enjoyed the Munster, favourite old time series. It fitted somewhat strangely, and for the life of me I can't see Grandpa as someone dangerous. It relied heavily on some Indy! peeves of mine, but the Herman parts were simply adorable. Unfortunately I saw nothing of Harry in this Harry, I read so many Harrys like him, that behave just like him, raised by (insert random Crossover family/character)...

Voldemort, Marilyn and Snape were pretty fun (that bed scene though, gold). Grandpa was a ... plot device really, unfortunately, for a big part of the story at least. I give it a 3.5, up to 4 because the story gets notably better by the end. Totally shitted on Dumbledore though.