1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

Dolores O'Riordan, leadsinger of The Cranberries, dead at 46

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Sesc, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Everyone who does't remember a time before iPhones because he got one for his birth can stop caring. For the rest, one of the great alt-rock voices of the '90s is dead and this totally needs a thread.

She's one of those artists where genius and insane are far too close, and so you wouldn't be surprised if the death followed somewhere along those lines, though it's as yet unexplained. I had vaguely been hoping for more Cranberries songs in the future, given that a new tour was planned, before it was cancelled again, so this is quite sad.

On the other hand, what we have, and especially No Need To Argue as one of my all-time favourite albums, already made her immortal, so now the music can speak for itself.

I'm not going to link the ubiquitous Zombie, even though its status is deserved -- it gets as close to my idea of a perfect rock song as is probably possible. Instead, have When You're Gone from the third album.

Now go join all the other folks up there. Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse are waiting.

2. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, I'm kinda depressed by this. While you may not link it, I'm going to, since its the origin of my name. :(

3. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Damn. Their music was a mainstay of many a camping trip when I was young.

4. why?

why? DA Member

High Score:
    Fuck. Wasn’t expecting that.

Loved her solo album too, which came out in 07 I believe.

She’s among my favourite 90s vocalists, along with Hope Sandoval of Mazzy Star.