1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"Don not do" list in Naruto fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Jheph, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

2. FantasyDuck

FantasyDuck Second Year

I totally agree.

Again, I agree. Kuyubi is evil demon that nearly slaughtered the whole Konoha, not some mother/father figure to Naruto. Also I don't find it believable that Kyuubi had some noble reason for attacking Leaf.

3. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

This is an awesome list, many very helpful points to those who write Naruto fics. But I think some points can be passed over in some cases. Like... this one
    Some fics have Naruto not become a genin of the leaf, so there basically has to be an OC filling up Naruto's spot.

4. Nenagh24

Nenagh24 Second Year

South, but not too South. Umm... ¿yo hablo español
    These warnings are necessary in every fandom.

5. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Not really, you just have to be creative with the team assignments. For a fic that I am working on the teams are mixed up from cannon as I despise how Kakashi treats Team 7 as a whole. So I put Naruto, Ino, and Kiba on one team, Shikamaru, Chouji, and Sakura on another team, and Shino, Hinata, and Sasuke were being given personalized instruction from a specific jonin or their clan.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

You copied my Naruto squad? *zaps you with a tazer.*

7. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

Well, I actually meant that, in some fics, Naruto did not actually graduate/attend the academy, so there would only be 8 ninja out of the original Rookie Nine that could be put into a team. And since there's 3 ninja per squad (excluding the jounin), an OC has to be made to complete a third team. Of course, one could just use one of the non-important, flashback characters that randomly appear once.

8. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

Just a note, in the Manga Kyuubi actually tries to kill Naruto by forcing more and more demonic chakra through his coils, so it goes without saying that Kyuubi won't be civil, unless a LOT of time explaining goes into it.

9. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Having several OC's can be done right and can be needed, depending on your plot. I think I'm doing my OC's justice... no Mary Sue's, no super powers, none of that mysterious past crap either.

I Agree here.

10. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

God, a ninja highschool fic could be good... as a humor fic.Only.

But people insist on ruining every good idea ever thought with shit plots because they just have to see Sakura in a school uniform and lets not forget our favorite 'Hawnt seckks SasuNar fro ever!!!!!22!1One!!'

11. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    I agree with most of these rules, some of them I don't agree with, as they can be very interesting plot devices, if done correctly. For example, the rule of not making Kyuubi Naruto's ally. I have seen many fics where that was done beautifully, most notable being Foxhound by Kraken's Ghost. But otherwise, it is a good list, one which all Naruto writers should read and give serious thought to before writing.

12. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Aww... Shit... Looks like I break quite a few of those rules with my 'cool' Naruto and my OC's...

13. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Just ignore the OC rule. They can be done right. Just dont make the OC the Main character.

14. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Yeah nothing annoys me more than having to go the whole story through some cross dresser named bobs' POV.

Edit- Ignore the lame story part in my earlier post, I really shouldn't try to write shit at 5am.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  15. Devin Cybrus

Devin Cybrus First Year

I don't know what it is, but I can't stand reading that kid's blog. Something about him makes me want to kill things.

16. darkinferno9908

darkinferno9908 Second Year

I agree with most of those *ESPECIALLY the highschool one* and I've found myself guilty of some myself like Sakura hating Naruto after he doesn't bring back Sasuke and eventually going evil because of it (Sakura I mean). But yes, the highschool... and the rape as a plot device... I hate those. But they forgot about the "me and my 2 friends find ourselves in the Naruto world!" OC rule.

17. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

-Do not invent your own elements by crossing two together.

hehe...eh...hmm...well that's just what kishimoto did recently in canon =/