1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DOTA 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by leenK, Dec 9, 2011.

1. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

Yeah Rootfallen with Refresher Orb was great, but my personal favourite was Ogr Magi. Can't wait till they add him.

2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Not every hero has been ported yet, but they all will before it launches. It is still in beta...

The main things they're currently changing is matchmaking and interface improvements. They're also adding AI characters (for training) that are better than any I've seen in the WC3 engine.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    To be fair, there was only so much they could do with the WC3 engine. Am not in the Beta but am really looking forward to this.

To those who play the Beta and HoN, any great differences so far?

4. leenK

leenK First Year

HoN is faster

5. Zansa

Zansa Fourth Year

The biggest difference between HoN and Dota is the speed at which the game plays. The players themselves are also a lot worse in the beta, but its to be expected and doesn't really have anything to do with the beta itself.

In regards to gameplay itself, the whole metagame is different. There are very few similarities between HoN and Dota, because of the limited hero pool. Outside of items, basic concepts, and a few similar heroes, they're very different. Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, if you will.

As the beta progresses the differences will rapidly be diminished, but right now the beta is so limited that it barely even seems like DotA, let alone HoN.

6. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Have any more of you got invited since the steam sales?

7. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Don't know why this thread died. Just started getting into this game, having a blast so far. Trying to get decent at both this and HoN. Been playing mostly Windrunner, OD, Doombringer, Juggernaut, Dragon Knight, and Nightstalker.

8. Pantricelog

Pantricelog First Year

Yeah me and my friends play every night pretty much. Been a blast so far since they released some more heroes.

9. TSN

TSN Auror

The game fun, I'm still trying to get used to the turret not being a deterant to early dive.

10. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

From what I've seen in streams DOTA 2 is like League with competent players and more tower diving, both of which are positives in my book. Unfortunately I can not give first hand accounts because I haven't gotten a key yet, by the way can I have a key?

11. MatKinG

MatKinG Muggle

Just got my invite today, exactly what i expected in terms of gameplay and graphics. Gameplay is identical to DotA so that is good, but i can't stand those HoN graphics.
    Other than that just struggling to identify what heroes and what spells i am facing during team battles

12. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

It's great fun. Primarily I play Lina, Axe, Drow, and whatever pops up in Single Draft.
    Unfortunately, every other game I play has at least one leaver...

13. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

I just got my beta key a few hours ago and decided to rip a game. So being completely new to the game and series I decided to play the water wraith looking thing, just because he looked the coolest. I may have given away first blood and another kill, but I got the hang of it and ended up going something like 15/6/1. Be that as it may my team was garbage and all but one of them left even though we could have won. From what I've played it's a pretty fun game and definitely is what I expected from the game that inspired LoL.

14. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Was that Morphling? He is a pretty beast hero.

15. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

Yeah I think it was Morphling.

16. Pantricelog

Pantricelog First Year

I have two invites if anyone wants them.

17. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I do! And I think LB13 asked for one not too long ago. I'll pm you my email.

18. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

Alright, I know this is a Necro, but I think it is relevant. DotA 2 Beta is in full swing, so who here plays regularly? Getting really tired of leavers on my team, and want to get a group together.

19. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I play from time to time. Feel free to add me via Master Gamerlist. Can't claim to be pro but I am far from noob and rarely leave unless my connection drops.

20. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I got a beta invite off a friend, though I can't vouch for skill level at all. Seems to me like I'm on the losing team way more often than not.