1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DOTA 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by leenK, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hal

Hal Professor

[​IMG]

2. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

Fucking hate PPD, but that was one hell of a match. Many mistakes made by EHome in the lategame, but still well played by EG.

Still hoping for Liquid to make it through the LB, and if they play like they did against Newbee, they might make it.

3. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

It only took 5 years.

[​IMG]

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So.. I'm a fan of Team Liquid's Starcraft team, and occasionally I drift over into other games when they're playing.

Was that last match as brutal as it looked? Because it looked like Team Liquid did just awfully.

5. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fucking w33ha invoker man.

I never thought I'd be a DC fan, but my god have they converted me.

7. Dark Belra

What happened to the valve I know? This is a much faster release schedule than I ever expected from them.

8. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I'm an invoker player. Watching w33 play is humbling. His reaction time is so small, and his decision making so fast. I mean the speed at which he decides which spell to invoke, casts it, and then continue fucking everyone around him. It's astonishing. One hell of a game. I'm kind of sad that EG dropped to LB. Would've been nice to see a Grand Finals between two NA team, but Wings is a pretty solid team.

I'm kind of hoping EG takes the Finals if only for setting the record of being the first team to ever win back to back TI, but I'm also cheering DC on. Oh well, I'll just scream everything someone gets a kill no matter the team I guess!

9. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

It's been over a year since the last new hero, I believe. They're pretty good about releasing large updates on about that level - see TF2 for example.

10. Triliro

Triliro Second Year

High Score:
    I know what you mean, there was a game at one of the majors (I think) where all of an invokers team (OG?) was like 5k gold down except the invoker (miracle?) and he carried them for like half an hour ao they could get farmed up and win.
    It was awe inspiring.

11. Innomine

High Score:
    So game three of DC vs EG was pretty incredible. One mistake by DC and they had lost, but they pulled through.

Now one game up in the Grand Finals, DC all the way from me. What a storyline.

12. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

DC was disappointing in the Grand Finals. Their draft was not up to Wings' nor was their execution as solid as it was in their previous matches. I think we can really see the pressure getting to them when they fought bot in the radiant jungle and missed like everything from arrow to burrowstrike. Nonetheless, it was a very good run for them, and for Wings too. Congrats to them both.

And the tradition continues of alternating between a NA/EU winner, and a Asian team as TI winner!

P.S. 9M dollar for first place, holy shit.

13. Innomine

High Score:
    Yeah, I feel like DC choked at the end there. Good run from them regardless.

14. Dark Belra

I don't think they choked so much as they played 7 hours of Dota with some really stressful games in between with only a 1 hour before having to face Wings. I think they were just exausted.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  15. Innomine

High Score:
    Oh yeah, exhaustion is definitely a factor. But they've had long and hard days this whole tournament. I'm just saying that they didn't play as they had the rest of the tourney in those last three games. Like, w33 was underwhelming on those two mirana games, lots of missed stuns here and there in general.

Just lots of little mistakes that can't really happen in a grand final happened.

16. theronin

theronin Order Member

I don't think DC dropped off in the finals, they just ran into a better team. Wings was completely dominant this tournament. It was pretty impressive.

17. Dark Belra

Wings only lost two games in the main event and both loses were to DC whne they picked Pudge and Techies.

18. atlas_hugged

atlas_hugged Fourth Year

High Score:
    Give them time. The delays will come.

The tournament this year was great. Wings was super entertaining to watch, and reminds me of old navi. This was also probably the most conflicted I've felt going into a grand final. I wanted an american team to win, but not w33fresh, and wings was more entertaining to watch than DC overall.

19. nevu

nevu First Year

XCTN played amazingly well in the MPGL SEA tournament. Specifically, this puck play is incredible - the decision making in adjusting to selling his blink and then rebuying it from the side shop while having stacks of shadow poison at ~100 hp is well...

https://clips.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/LovelyAnteaterEagleEye

20. theronin

theronin Order Member

That was insane. I love when Puck is a playable hero. It just makes the game so much more fun to watch.