1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Illiterate Edition)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by ScottPress, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Expansion/ DLC announced! Xbox and pc first

2. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

From the name, Jaws of Hakkon, I'm assuming it has to do with the Avvar and their god. Iirc, Hakkon was named as their Lord of Winter in the flavor text for one of the mabari paints.

The blue frosty image seems to support this.

EDIT: From some of the Achievement names that have been data mined, my guess seems spot on. An achievement for getting the trust of an Avvar tribe, and disproving a myth.

From the image of an ice-breathing dragon, I'm guessing Hakkon is a High Dragon. A really old dragon.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Gengar

High Score:
    I hope we get a Hinterlands sized zone rather than new quests on existing ones. Probably wishful thinking.

It's out tomorrow on xbox and PC. Part of EA access? Not sure, haven't looked it up.

4. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

The Trailer is out tomorrow. Will probably be a bit before the DLC itself is out,

5. Gengar

High Score:
  6. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I'm looking forward to it but I'm still a bit pissed that the newest patch broke the mod manager. So there's going to be some time for that to be compatible again.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    "Hakkon explores the fate of the last Inquisitor and the dragon he hunted. It also expands the world of Thedas with a large playable area containing mountains, forests, and more."

Excellent.

8. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I hate all price value arguments. I'll play it when it's available on ps4 and tell you if I enjoyed it.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    DLC out in May on other consoles.

11. fire

fire Order Member

So who here enjoyed Inquisition more than Origins?

I really should get to playing Inquisition, but I've been in a DA slump ever since finishing BQ.

(That, and the female characters of Inquisition seem far less interesting than Origins. Dorian, on the other hand, looks pretty swag).

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I did.

I didn't like Origins' characters, nor the clunky gameplay tbh, despite it playing like a traditional CRPG.

And I know everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but Cassandra is in Inquisition, so you're wrong. :p

13. KaelMyec

KaelMyec Second Year

I enjoyed Inquisition more than Origins. Have I played it as often as I did Origins? No. Running 6 different characters through Origins even doing everything was a long run yes but it was manageable. Im trying to work my third character through Inquisition at the moment and I am stuck in the Hinterlands just not feeling the urge to play knowing how much is in front of me.

The Inquisition characters are top shelf with about two exceptions in my opinion and that's Sera and Vivenne. Dorian is just awesome for laughs, Cassandra well that's a personal favorite. Bull is just a bro about everything, Varric is still Varric. Blackwall and Cole are interesting characters if you have the patience to work through their stories. Solas is a good sounding board, and once you get to Skyhold and can really start interacting with your advisers Lelianna, Cullen, and Josephine really come alive.

Overall if you liked Origins go for it, but pick a class you like otherwise it will be a long long game. (Dual Dagger Rouge ftw!)

14. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Based on what I've played of Inquisition (nope, still haven't beaten it), I liked Origins better. Though I won't deny there have been improvements.

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Personally, I liked DAO better. The characters there are still some of my all time favorites, and the storyline didn't have any glaring problems or weak points. DAI, while a huge step up from DA2 (Which I don't see as bad as some people do) and introducing some cool stuff and more streamlined mechanics, just doesn't quite compare to DAO for me. Corypheus being a really weak villain didn't help at all, and the fact that the ending felt kind of lackluster dropped it a few points in my book. It feels like it needs a really good expansion to actually have a good, worthwhile 'ending.'

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I think I probably enjoyed Inq more than Origins. The gamepaly and the story is better, although the ending was a bit shit.

The only thing I really disliked about Inq was fem chars. Sera and Cass try... they just aren't as pure bamf as Morrigan.

On the plus side for Inq: There are almost adequate amounts of Morrigan.

17. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Morrigans parts almost detracted from the enjoyment of Inquisition for me. Not because they were bad parts or because I dislike the character, but because it made me long too much for my Warden. The way she openly declares her love for "her warden" was heartwarming. Also
    "He's been a good partner and Great father. Kieran misses him greatly."

18. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I also like Origins more because its world felt more alive/believeable. Inquistion may be bigger but most of the maps are populated with enemies or silent NPC's. The Hinterlands is the only map that has it's NPC's spread around and even it feels a bit empty.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To those of you who got Jaws of Hakkon: is it good DLC? Does the content justify the price?

20. Gengar

High Score:
    It's a large new zone with a new story and Dragon but no new party interaction.