1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age Origins - Do not spoil story!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chime, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It stinks of EA..

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Could be worse though. They could pull a Lionhead (B&W 1) or more recently, 2K games (Bioshock 2), and charge you 30$ (Lionhead) or 5$ (2k) for an expansion/DLC that already shipped with the game on the disc, and they just flip a switch and let you access it.

Then again, the darkspawn DLC is pretty much a damned user made module if it doesn't have all new stuff like voices or movies with it.

3. Terrai

Terrai Second Year

Damn, that DLC was boring after 10-15 minutes... Also considering it was ridiculously short and had the simple plot of, YOU ARE VANGUARD, SMASH CITY. Just another filler for the main storyline and some quick cash for EA. Damn EA <<.

4. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, the way I see it there are a couple possible explanations:

1. Morrigan did the ritual with one of the other Grey Wardens.
    2. It's just a normal pregnancy; your PC could have been having fairly regular sex with her, after all.
    3. Morrigan found some other way to get a god-baby without ritual sex with a Grey Warden.

5. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Necro!

Just completed Witch Hunt, which is supposedly the last piece of DLC for DA:O.

So, here are my thoughts. Spoilers be ahead, but I'll tag anything that's really bad.

The basic story is that you're after Morrigan post battle with the arch demon. Now, you get the chance to make a new character for this DLC, or import an old one. Unfortunately my game collection was stolen a while ago, so I'm playing on a cracked copy, with no old saves. The default new character did not make the deal with Morrigan at the end of the game, nor did he romance her.

Essentially your scouts detect someone at Morrigans hut, and you investigate, only to find a Dalish elf who's on a mission for her clan, which sets you off on a mission to find clues which lead you to to the witch.

The ending for me at least was fucking annoying. It didn't tell me what she planned with the baby, nor did it explain what she planned later on. All she did was jump through this other world portal and give me a MASSIVE cliff hanger ending
    [
    I'm going to replay origins and try the DLC again with a new character, hopefully I'll get more answers.

Ultimately as of now though, I really disliked this DLC. I beat it in maybe an hour and a half, and it cost $7. No real answers as of yet, and for the most part boring game play. In fact, the only DA:O DLC that I really liked was Leliana's Song.

Huh, hopefully DA 2 doesn't show this kind of sloppiness.

6. Midknight

All their DLC has been dogshit. Charge you for storage, charge you for an hour of content. With all the money they made off this game, they should of been going for quality, not ripping you off. They're in insane rush mode to get out DA 2 though =/

7. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I've played all of their DLC, and agree that all of it was trash besides for Leliana's Song. I quite enjoyed that DLC, it had a bit of original flavor to it.

Plus, the woman Leliana was modeled on is just plain hot. That really shouldn't add anything to the game or the character, and yet it does.

8. Perfection

Perfection Fourth Year

Who is she modeled after?

And yeah I was really looking forward to this DLC as I was really curious to what happened to the Warden's child, instead she doesn't tell you what happens and I doubt you'll ever see her again.

If you're curious as to what happens with her, the options from what i understand are:

If you romanced her and did the Dark Ritual you had the option of going through the veil with her.

You had the option of killing her (that's what I did) though I'm not sure if she's dead as her body just goes through the veil.

And you had the option of just watching her go, essentially saying goodbye.

All of the options reveal the same thing: nothing.

But I enjoyed the last boss, at least of the golems DLC as it took me quite a few tries to take him down as well as Leliana's song.

This was a major let down, but I downloaded all the DLCs (I'm terrible, I know) instead of wasting money on them.

9. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Okay, liked the Golem because he rocked as a tank, but honestly none of the DLC really caught my attention; the Golem one came with the game.

As to who Leliana is modeled after...

Alexandra "Alleykatze" Stein

Now, I'm going to sit back and wait for someone to post a few pics of her in the Hottie Thread.

10. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

If you romanced her and did the Dark Ritual you had the option of going through the veil with her.

You had the option of killing her (that's what I did) though I'm not sure if she's dead as her body just goes through the veil.

And you had the option of just watching her go, essentially saying goodbye.

All of the options reveal the same thing: nothing.

The DLC was terrible and also buggy.I did the ritual with Morrigan but only the second and third option were available.The ending was very anti climatic.There was only some cryptic warnings about Flemeth's true goal.

Though this ending gave me hope that Morrigan and the child may appear in Dragon Age 2.

11. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I can't remember where it was, but I think Vash posted quite a few "interesting" links in reference to her.

12. Midknight

Necro.

So I reinstalled this on my PC via ORIGIN after picking it up for the 360 for my kids. Nonfucking stop bugs. I crashed crossing the bridge to get into Ostagar. I crashed after the Joining omw to the king meeting. Currently hard locking up my pc trying to go to the tower. So many crashes. I blame Origin for this garbage, because I had zero of these problems way back when the game launched pre Origin. I want to play, but literally cant.

13. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

/EA

Take a moment and savor the fact that this was supposed to be a serious retort and competitor to Steam.

14. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

DAO on Steam had less problems as far as I remember.

If BF3 wasn't exclusively on Origin, I wouldn't have installed that garbage on my PC.

15. Midknight

This. Dragon Age at launch, a few rare problems. Origins version, which it made me update to, absolute crash fest bullshit. I've weeded down many of the problems to it wanting to upload shit constantly to servers that arent always available anymore on Eas end. Shut the game down, and then go to play it later, without launch it through Origin? Fuck that. you get a nondescript crash message, because the game and the cloud's files wont be in synch. Wait a bit, and eventually you can play. Total horse shit.

16. Myst

Myst Headmaster

To solve this issue with the crashing, when you start up DAO, alt tab and go into task manager. Find DAO and right click on it. Select Set Affinity and make it only work on CPU 1. (I assume you have multicores) I had the same issue. This fixed it.

17. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am fucking salivating for this game, if only for the chance to see my sword-and-board Warden roll face through the entire war with his minmaxed terror of a build. At 35 he was literally a goddamn Immortal Object in the defensive stance. He regenerated health faster than enemies could actually manage to deal it.

I could give a shit what my Hawke shows up as. Hated DA2 except for Varric and Isabela. My Warden would have slapped the daylights out of everything my Hawke barely managed to survive. Honestly, one lyrium-drunk Templar as the final boss? Get the hell out of my face before I chop you into sashimi with my space-sword. I swear to fuck I'll let Kirkwall burn if its an option in 3.

But yeah. Morrigan again. Me likey. Hopefully the god baby is involved. Since I played one and two pretty close to what I saw in trailers - warrior Warden then Mage Champion - will probably play a rogue inquisitor for 3.

After all, sometimes it takes a liar to find the truth.

18. Midknight

19. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I remember that feeling.

[​IMG]