1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragonball Z

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Scott, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Eh I know almost every single Dragonball Z fic fails but I figure there has to be a gem or 2 out of the 33 + thousand available... No requirements besides the usual (no slash, decent writing). Gohan as main character would be cool or Vegeta.

Also I once read this fanfic where Raditz actually took Gohan and he turned evil or something. I can't remember much because I only read about 3 chapters before my computer fried but it was pretty decent if my memory isn't fucking with me and I think it was going to turn out Gohan/Videl. I'm still searchin for it but if somebody actually happened to read it, drop me a link?

2. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Didn't want to make a new thread for my request, so bumping this one.

I'm on a DBZ tangent right now. Anyone have ones they'd recommend?

So as I'm not a total dick for hijacking this thread I've got a story.
    Oujisama wasn't great, but I enjoyed it enough. Can't really recommend any others than that. I'm fairly certain most the ones I read were deleted long ago.

3. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I am on my iTouch and for some reason I can't copy and paste, this you're going to Have to google "Verto Briefs". He has a whole series dedicated to DBZ. It starts as a self insert (kinda ) in the Buu Saga but don't let that fool you is awesome. He later somehow manages to cross DBZ and Starcraft successfully.No Japanofag posturing and using the Japanese names and shit.

Unfortunately he's fallen a bit off with the current story. It's horrible, characters literally talk between every punch about inane bullshit, someday I plan to leave him one of those huge story-busting reviews.

4. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

I've actually got one for you, yeah.

It's called Creatures of the Nightmare and located on Fanfiction.net here.

The story is Vegeta-centric; an enemy he had as a child has returned to claim him, and the story goes from there... Read through at least Chapter 3, and you'll be hooked.

I will issue a disclaimer though, the story is very violent - perhaps the most graphic descriptions of violence I've ever encountered in fanfiction. Vegeta's enemy is a sadist/torturer. You'll see what I mean in Chapter 3.

Anyways - enjoy.

-AnvariX

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This guy is apparently pretty good, from what I've heard, but you'll have to judge for yourself. I'm not much of a DBZ fan.

6. Sero Dace

Sero Dace First Year

Sorry for the slight necroing. I thought I could mention a trilogy by ShadowMajin on FFN. The stories are called Battle Stain, Breaking Grace and Blue Angels.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1300641/ShadowMajin

Possibly not up to DLP standars, but I found them amusing, original and not too badly written. They focus mostly on Gohan, Videl, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks in an AU that is very interesting. A Must read for DBZ fans. No fluffy anime romance, just action adventure and a good plot.

7. One armed boxer

One armed boxer Second Year

DBZ fandom is oversaturated with the same Gohan/Videl high school fic, Trunks/Pan (even though I sort of like the pairing for some reason) and the same Vegeta/Bulma fic repeated on a loop.

That said its one of my favorites even if there's not much up to snuff.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5785965/1/Point_of_No_Return

One of the better fics I've read with the best written Vegeta I've seen and some nice grittiness. Mirai Trunk's time machine malfunctions and lands him on a planet that is being purged by Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz. The last chapter wasn't as good as the rest but w/e.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4395545/1/RumBuggery

This one will probably never get updated and is pretty short (18k) but its supremely well done and prominently features the Ginyu Force as roughhousing pirates on Frieza's kingdom. Its very AU.