1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

It's in game, I do not care. If you are a bitch to me offline then I care.

Just to say what my role was. When there were four scum alive, I asked Riley about happily ever after triggers. Being perfectly pro wincon is to try and force Citrus to kill. Citrus had to force a lynch. Thus happily ever after. I don't see how Lexi's lock had anything to do with anything.

@Bill Door, please quote those posts. I am totally phone posting.

@Zennith, sorry if you felt my comment was being a poor sport.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

According to the noted in my QT I checked him because of posts 67, 69 and 91, and I thought that he had a connection to you and you/him made a lot of sense as a scumpair.

I don't disagree, I just think it would be better to design games so that a stalemate such this game can't happen. That would solve the initial problem and we wouldn't have to make up a stupid rule to work around it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Here you go, basically the entire stupid fight with Lexi.

3. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I can honestly tell you I'm not here to tell you I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong. Honestly, as I said before, this was not the optimal solution, but was the only one I felt I had at hand. Leaving the game open for any length of time at that point, in my opinion, was irresponsible.

I'm only handwaving personal things because I have no interest in becoming angry over someone telling me I'm abusing my power to win a fucking online game or bully a moderator.

If you read my recent posting, I've been more than willing to discuss the way in which things are handled.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am curious though Lexi, 99% scum?

5. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Dude, would you believe you if I told you that the Day 1 wagon on Town!Sloth consisted of 6 town players?

It did. I still don't believe it. You and I were the only non-confirmed players on that wagon. I felt sure you had to be scum from that.

---------- Post automerged at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Though I'll note that clearly my anger has gotten slightly the better of me because I've come off as abrasive.

6. Bill Door

I still don't believe that actually. I've never seen such a co ordinated town effort to mislynch.

7. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Well there was a reason that the 1% existed. :p

8. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

So Bill are you trying to engage me in some sort of argument or are we just trying to get the others to stop with whatever boring mechanics related argument is going on that should probably occur with the mods.

9. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

EVERYBODY that noticed made a big deal about that. I'm still oddly proud about it.
    I'll probably never stop.

10. Koalas

High Score:
    Fair enough, I'd have liked a little more then that though :p Weirder things have happened.

11. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

A good point has been raised to me anonymously that I come from a much more competitive mafia environment, where this kind of action is not just the norm and required, but actively encouraged.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    In hindsight Citrus had a really distinctive voting style. Citrus were you deliberately placing your votes there?

13. Bill Door

I just wanted to point out the irony that someone who lurked pretty hard calling out people for lurking. Though I'd be fine with getting that argument stopped.

14. Lyrium

Lol, Lexi I was so freaked out when you replaced in. I thought you were going to totally decimate scum in one post :p

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

There are people where I come from who would do that fairly easily. Or at least claim they could.

I'm not really like them. My town game has always been just sort of... middle of the road, if not a little above average.

My scum game, on the other hand, is one of the best on MafiaScum. :p

16. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Well as far as first games have gone, this has been pretty fun.
    I have more than certainly made my mark here.

17. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

oh yeah, so I guess my final point on the matter is that it seems players here value a moderator's independence over game integrity (not to say you don't value both, but saying one over the other), and as such, while I'd like to discuss more on the how important I feel it is to be able to lock threads like I did, I'm ok with ceding to the notion that the moderator gets final say in their games, including being asked if a thread should be locked.

18. Lyrium

Aww...Bill sweetie, but you thought I was town...at least while you were alive. Thank you for pointing out irony, do I need to point out dick to you?

19. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'm a cat. Meow.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well that fairly well exploded. Seems the matter has more or less settled, so I'll keep my nose out of it.

GG Town for just pulling off the victory. I really did think Citrus had this one in the bag, well played Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

On another note, I played like a complete novice. I'm bowing out of all future mafia games(outside of Survivor) until I've read the shit out of the guides, the previous several games on site, and learned enough not to act like a fool.