1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Files project - Part Two

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Zeelthor, Jun 1, 2018.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks for the encouragement guys. As much as I write and enjoy writing, I have crippling self doubt about everything I post, and it eats me alive waiting to see if there is approval or not once something goes up. And following from how well Little Chicago's entry debuted just made it worse.

I'm looking back over what I'd written last night and it could be done so much better so I am giving it another shot.

EDIT: Revised version is up. As I'd said originally, I hope it is something you can work with, guys.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Fuckin' A, Zenzao. I'll give it a look in a moment! :D

3. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Glad you stuck with us @Zenzao. Finally got round to reading your entry - I do agree with Zeel that the Ivy/Kincaid intro blindsides a little, but solid stuff all through. Now it's my turn yikes let's to hoping I don't run this midnight train off the rails.

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Thanks y'all. @AlbusPHolmes I was trying to think of who Dresden would go to lengths to exterminate the Black Court for, and then who would make sense to rally additional Wardens to his cause, and it lead me to Ivy and subsequently Kincaid. I wasn't certain that would work for the assassination that Little Chicago brought up at the end of his entry but I hope it doesn't give you much trouble. And as everyone else said to me, don't worry about it running off the rails, just have fun with it.

5. AlbusPHolmes

Oh I think I was a bit unclear - it wasn't that it was implausible at all (it works just fine). It's more the manner it was mentioned - it just seemed a bit brief and abrupt. So yeah I shouldn't have any trouble with everything so far, other than my own rustiness.

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Ah, that makes sense. I rearranged parts of that draft trying to get to where Dresden would bring up the assassination, since it had been a little further on initially. I could have definitely smoothed it out further with more time but I didn't want to delay any longer. Looking forward to your part next.

7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

So who are we still waiting on. I didn't see any updates on the other thread. So...

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    @AlbusPHolmes. Then I believe it goes back to Zeelthor, unless we wanted to change up the order after each successful run through the authors?

9. Zeelthor

I'm good to go any time. Just waiting for Albus to write his part. Maybe we keep the order the way it is for now? That way there's less confusion about whose turn it is to further delay entries.

10. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Yeah, I agree. Works for me.

11. AlbusPHolmes

Yeah sorry guys for the delay - I have something but it's slow-coming. Moving sucks. The scene I'm working on is from Ivy's perspective, and should be able to fit in the narrative no matter where I insert it (unless someone does something crazy like kill her in the next update) so if someone wants to jump in ahead of me feel free to do so. I'd hate to hold everyone up.

12. Zeelthor

I'll get going too, then. Heading off to get drunk at the beach now, but I'll see if I can get it done sometime tonight or tomorrow.

13. Zeelthor

@Zenzao , @LittleChicago , @AlbusPHolmes

Zombie's unable to follow up my entry due to me throwing in a bunch of obscure shit without thinking it through. ^^ Anyone wanna hop in?

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    @Zeelthor
    Pass for the moment. That said I'll try to think about a way to follow it up.

15. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Sorry, this has been a ridiculous fucking week.

I can try to step in on the weekend, if no one else has a chance.

16. Zeelthor

That sounds awesome :)

17. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

I know I hadn’t signed up but I have tomorrow off and wouldn’t mind putting something together. Couple quick questions- what timeframe is the story in? Seems like it’s after White Night, but also has a few AU vibes to it (Molly has a Warden’s cloak, Dresden has a couple new tricks, etc.) so how AU could it get?

Still true to the characters, but maybe a few different major changes had been made?

18. Zeelthor

The way I pictured it when I wrote it was that it was AU and we'd sorta piece together how AU as a group. Petrovic being alive means that the early attack on the White Council went differently, I guess. Since others are busy, definitely, go ahead and add stuff. :)

@9th Doctor

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  19. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

I put something short up. Figured I'd get us where we were going. It's been some time since I've done writing, so I'd appreciate any pointers anyone is willing to give. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things but know I'm rusty.

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    @Zombie @Zeelthor @AlbusPHolmes @LittleChicago
    Has anyone made any progress on this front since 9th Doctor's entry? Are we still on for this project or are we shelving it for the time being? I'll admit that I haven't even thought about it in the past few weeks as my attention has been geared toward the Q3 prompt, so I don't have anything to offer as a followup.