1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden's Dilemma Take Two.

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Marcone is still alive? You sure?

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

And you would have done something different in my place?

I practically cleaned the entire board. You came after me and expected me to stay quiet?

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I know Marcone is alive. If you need to ask, you aren't him. How does it honestly matter to you at this point?

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Castiel: You're damn right I would have done something different. I would have accepted that I didn't win, I would have shut up and watched the game unfold.

4. Rubicon

I would have lynched you, anyway. I've been complaining in my QT that you were my next biggest scum read and I wouldn't get a chance.

5. Moridin

Rubicon: Sorry if that was a bit abrasive. Truth be told, I'm pissed. I had my suspicions about Castiel since the beginning, I knew he was the Red Queen after a taint for a long time now, I've had Rents pegged as the Red Pawn for days. I'm not a power player like Stojil or Eidolonic, but I think I played a pretty decent game, and I don't like it ending like this.

Castiel: The only reason I came after you this successfully is because I laid the groundwork for it for days. Did you seriously not know that the WC knew who you were? If you did, you should have hit me much, much sooner.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

This makes no sense whatsoever.

To have that theory work, Aekiel needs to be one who was tainted, because he was the one who was NK, and the order of who eats the deflected kill is always backwards. However, Aekiel was tainted before that, he said so. So unless someone comes up with a better explanation, I'm calling busllhit.

7. Moridin

Rubicon: Fair enough. I guess it's all on Sesc. Either way, good game.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Okay, what the hell?

Sesc, are you not Marcone?

8. Sesc

... uh. Way behind times. What. Why is this game breaking down. Why the fuck would you reveal, Moridin?

What the fuck is going on -_-

9. Rubicon

We have two claims, Sesc.

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Moridin: I knew that you knew who I was, from the failed taint. I just found out who you were last night.

Sesc: I killed Aek directly. I tried to kill Moridin last night but he survived because he had a thrall. I don't get this part either, I would expect the protection to die with the death of the thrall... it seems that it doesn't matter, even if a thrall is dead the protection remains, and the already dead thrall takes the hit.

11. Moridin

They're pretty much the same claim. Castiel outed me, there's no real way for me to defend myself. Even if I claimed he was protecting his pawn, said pawn would simply have nightkilled and won.

Damn, I'm an idiot. I should have claimed he was White Court protecting his own thrall, who could then lynch me and win tomorrow.

Eh, it wouldn't have held up. That's way too convoluted. Whatever, I guess I wasn't thinking straight either. So I guess this isn't such a great game for me after all.

Either way, Sesc, are you not Marcone? Because Aekiel was only ever tainted for a brief window before Marcone wiped the slate clean the same night.

Rubicon, are you Marcone?

12. Sesc

Okay, here's a proposal: Rubicon, get that last vote on Castiel, so that this nonsense is wrapped up on that front. We can always talk during Twilight.

13. Moridin

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

He already put the vote. We are talking during twilight.

15. Rubicon

Already did, post #339.

---------- Post automerged at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I'm not Marcone.

---------- Post automerged at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

You did play really well, Moridin. If you were RC instead of WC, you would have won easily.

16. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

RC is Over powered. Heavily.

17. Sesc

Urgh. Sorry, my bad.

But I'm still trying to sort through this game. More post when I have come up with explanations :s

18. Rubicon

In general, I think going out of your way to screw over the other scum faction purely out of spite, when it does nothing to help your own win condition, is a dick move and goes against the spirit of the game.

---------- Post automerged at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I was going to say it wouldn't have changed anything but there's a chance Moridin might have convinced Sesc to vote me.

19. Moridin

Thanks, Rubicon.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

For #355

I had a plan going back to your insistence on lynching Zennith, and how it ties you to Fontisian, and makes you both WC members (which must be the surviving court because of no nightkill).

20. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Day 7 went by in a flash, Castiel was rounded up and led to the gallows while belligerently crying foul but it was not to be. He was strung up. The crowd fell silent. Was this the end they'd been patiently awaiting? It seemed that failure was the only option now. The Town was dead and mostly gone. The White King let out a long laugh as he turned and walked away from the fracas, alive. Marcone managed to slip out too leaving one pitiful lone Townsmen to weep for the death and destruction his fellows had wrought.

Game End
    There are two reasons I'm going to call it. One is that it seems like the players lost interest towards the end and rather than draw it out to one solitary winner or two winners I'm going to call it now as a win for WHite Court and for Marcone seperately. The Second reason is that the end is pretty much guaranteed to be those two winning regardless.

That being said. Here is a link to the overall observation thread.

I've copied the Role List into this thread and it is now open to the public to discuss.

Role List:
    1. Zennith = Dresden
    2. Jibril = Molly
    3. Castiel = Red Queen
    4. Rents = Red Pawn
    5. Moridin = White King
    6. Fontisian = White Thrall
    7. Sesc = Marcone
    8. NobelFiction = Vanilla 1
    9. LochNess = Vanilla 2
    10. Bill Door = Vanilla 3
    11. Schrodinger = Vanilla 4
    12. Typhon = Vanilla 5
    13. Stojil = Vanilla 6
    14. Rubicon = Vanilla 7
    15. Aekiel = Vanilla 8

Thoughts:

1) Excellent play by Sesc, even if he needed a few clarifications, he was onboard and in game when he needed to be.

2) Player enthusiasm seemed lacking but I can't pinpoint that to be caused by the multiple restarts, the lack of overall RP-ing or if it might be attributed to lacking flavor. You tell me.

3) I think it ran pretty smoothly but if you have any constructive comments let me hear them.

4) Regarding flavor, I tried to keep it relatively simple since the last time I tried this, flavor ruined the game and I revealed too much and it hurt thr game play.

5) Finally, is there enough interest to run this game again? If so, would you want same rules or a tweak in the rules. If not, what turned you off?

All that being said, please give me your thoughts, but try to keep it constructive, I'd rather this not devolve into a bitch-fest or a flame-throwing competition.