1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Drive You Mild -- Star Wars -- K+

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by lucis, Aug 9, 2009.

1. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

Title: Drive You Mild
    Author: obaona
    Rating: K+
    Genre(s): Romance, political intrigue, drama.
    DLP Category: misc
    Pairing: Luke/Mara
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 70,893
    Updated: March 4, 2005
    Published: January 9, 2005

Summary: How do two powerful, individualistic people who were formerly enemies unite? Emperor Luke Skywalker, meet Jedi Knight Mara Jade.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2212346/1/Drive_You_Mild

This is one of the few romance fics I like. And the political side is interesting.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Zyloch

Zyloch Fourth Year

Yep. I posted this in the Star Wars fiction thread before, I think. It's always been a favorite of mine. Grammar is good, prose is good, and the plot is believable. I'm giving this a 5/5 because, even amongst the few other Star Wars fics up to standard, this seems the most polished.

3. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I really like this story. It's not amazing, but I found it to be enjoyable enough to merit several re-reads. It manages to avoid long windedness by portraying only snapshots of their relationship. However, I found that the nightmares were annoying and the leap of faiths a little too unsubstantiated based on what was shown. Nevertheless I would recommend this. 4/5

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Read the first chapter and it looks alright. Adi Gallia incessantly warning Mara Jade was belabored. Remember what you are and what he is! Or Be wary!

The backstory and political situation seems plausible.

What is strange is that so many of the major Jedi figures are still alive and active.

Mace Windu and Yoda? Are we to believe Order 66 killed every single Jedi except those that actually mattered?

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Well, that's what happens in the movie.

Story's a decent enough read. It held my interest, and was well-written enough. And really, "be way" and "be mindful" are pretty much catechisms of Star Wars fiction, both fan and official, so that didn't bother me much. Solid 4/5.

6. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

In my opinion: 5/5

7. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

This was a nice read. It's refreshing to read a Star Wars fic that doesn't concentrate on the Force too much. The tidbits of background story in the middle of the chapters, plus Luke's descriptions of his relationship with his father, was extremely interesting to read.

4/5