1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Heleor, May 29, 2018.

1. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

A Pop game? Well Games had a good run y'all.

2. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Damn Microsoft brought the games this year. I'm glad most of them are multi-plat.

3. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Wow Gears, way to rip off XCOM.

4. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

Mic drop from XBox guy there. Cyberpunk!

5. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I was going to complain that Bleach isn't included, but then Light appeared.

That Cyberpunk reveal was pretty cool and unexpected. Took me few seconds before I figured out which hacker game would be promoted that way.

No Superman game that was rumoured. I suppose I should expect that since it's the third E3 when it was suppose to be showed.

6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Trailer for Cyberpunk 2077:

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

What's a little surprising that where I was expecting darkish colours and atmosphere like Deus Ex or Blade Runner, but it's more like Ready Player One and other properties that try to bring 80-ties back.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a feeling that trailer was indeed inspired by this Ready Player One trailer. Some of the narration, some of the presentation and even the car. ;)

Things definitely changed since that teaser.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  8. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    None of the big reveals were exclusive... Lots of great games shown, but no big xbox exclusives to really excite.

Sekiro
    KH
    Dmc5
    ShonenSmash (it looks terrible, but the lulz)
    Cyberpunk

Edit: oh, I had a thought about Metro. I feel like it looks a lot like Fallout... In a competent engine...

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Part 2 -

XBOX:

• the xbox stage setup always makes me laugh. It's always just so... try-hard?
    • I've never been a HALO guy, but I know the xboners all creamed their pants right then and there and declared E3 won for Microsoft. I'll actually give it to them. Basically the Sony player's response for Dad of War.
    • Ori continues to be beautiful and I will pick it up on Steam if my backlog isn't too long.
    • Intrigued by Sekiro. Ninja Gaiden / Dark Souls fusion? Hmmmmm.
    • Hey look kids! It's Todd Howard!
    • Fallout... I feel like it needs to reinvent itself at some point in the near future if it wants to continue to be a success.
    • lol. I forgot about the Terry Crews game. That's going to generate so many amazing memes.
    • Oh look. It's another postapocalyptic shooty mcshoot game. Most original.
    • Elsa/Sora ship launches when? My KH3 boner rages onward and upward.
    • That Utada Hikaru song is pretty great. Not as amazing as 'Simple and Clean', but really catchy. Pardon me while I go find it on youtube.
    • Aqua remains best waifu.
    • New Battlefield and new Forza. Most unexpected. Yes. Most unexpected.
    • Bold. Boldness. We're so bold. BOLD.
    • Jesus fuck, Tales. Just dev up and make a next gen game already.
    • Didn't Division flop?
    • Fast Start!!!!!! Applause! GIVE APPLAUSE!
    • Woooooo Tomb Raider. There can never be enough Lara.
    • Cool. Tony Hawk. I mean... um... Session?
    • Is this a console reboot of BDO or just BDO with a different name? Wait? What? More info please.
    • DMC is always welcomed. That stomach/mouth monster looked cool af.
    • Lol. Shounen Smash Bros looks interesting to say the least. Wondering what Light's fight style would be? Run away and write things in his notebook?
    • Battletoads will clearly be the breakout hit of the year.
    • I love how the Gears of War applause died immediately when that little funko pop guy jumped out.
    • Oh there's Gears. Why is it that everyone in Gears continues to look like a potato on steroids?
    • That's all fol-Cyberpunk2077. Gotta hand it to xbox that reveal was great. I'm a little iffy on that main char's design though. I thought the MC was supposed to be some sort of create your own law enforcement officer? Hunky badboy cyber-enhanced guy doesn't exactly scream special operative. We'll see.

10. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Tomb Raider is looking pretty good, I played the last two just before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed them, so looking forward to that. DMC 5 certainly looked awesome, but I don't think it'll be going on my must play list just yet; I loved the very first game, didn't play the second, attempted the third and was terrible at it, enjoyed four, and got a little bored of the reboot about halfway through.

So, in summary thus far:

Sea of Solitude, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are definites, DMC 5 is a probable, and Anthem is a cautiously optimistic pending further info.

11. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

About that:

[​IMG]

Plus, there's this info:

Source: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/20960/hello-night-city

Now, consider the fact that we see different people wearing the same jacket that the MC does and that we witness more than one hit taking place, in various environments, I'm just going to take a guess we're still going to have a choice in creating our MC, appearance wise, and what their career in Night City might be.

12. Longinus

Longinus Second Year

On the scrolling code of the CP2077 the was an IP address that directs you to this page. Anyone got any idea about this?

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Apparently the password was the car's license plate number. 'NC20 CP77'

It says user quota met, password expired. Probably a sneak peak of some sort. We were clearly not fast enough.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Good news. I will now go rewatch the trailer 10 more times.

14. Dr. Strange Lulz

Ah, I actually got it right. Thought I had entered the wrong password too many times when I got that result.

15. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    People really need to stop hoping that they will even see a teaser for DA4 before BW is closed after Anthem inevitably fails. I cannot imagine what EA and BW would have to do to get back the confidence of long time fans. The casuals are fickle and will buy Anthem because it looks like Destiny, but MMOs are not BW's market.

16. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

So they turned Snow Crash into a vidya? Is it just going to be for Xbox?

17. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

That's 2 shows with musical numbers so far. Let's hope this starts a trend.

The audience on-stream is hilarious though. They're just ... staring.

18. Dr. Strange Lulz

And there it is, the first musical act this E3. Thank you Bethesda for doing what EA and Microsoft avoided this year...

Wait, what else had a musical number and how did I miss it?

Edit: Cheers. Oh and they named their Ranger character Walker? Is he from Texas?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  19. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

tinyBuild took the devolver route and had a musical number about building their game.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    All that matters to EA is sales. If Anthem fails in the eyes of long time fans as a game, but still manages to make decent bank from anticipation and casuals like ME:A did, well, big whoop. If Bioware pulls a DICE, doesn't learn from their ME:A mistakes, and generates massive controversy before the game is even released, inevitably causing it to fail financially like Battlefront 2, then yes, sure, that's probably the end for Bioware.

But if it's even considered slightly successful in terms of revenue, then your typical money-grubbing EA exec will probably have the following thought process:

Exec: Dragon Age: Inquisition.... fan approval... massive successful... lots and lots money.... money good... I like money. Make more game Bioware!!
    Exec: Mass Effect: Andromeda.... big fan disappoint.... but no care.... still good money.... money good... I like money. Make more game Bioware!!
    Exec: Anthem.... fan no like.... but still make some money.... money good... I like money. Bioware... how u gunna make me even more money?

Bioware: Well, as you said, DA:I was a tremendous success. We could always do another DA?

Exec: DA:4 may make lots money, u say?!!!!! DA:4 MAKE MORE MONEY!!! MAKE DA:4 NAO!!!