1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Earl of the North by Lord Silvere - PG13 - HP/BB

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Midknight, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: Earl of the North
    Author: Lord Silvere
    Rating: T (PG-13)
    Genre: General/Action Adventure/Romance

Summary: Harry is framed for the mass murder of Muggles after he deals Voldemort a stunning blow. He is sent to Azkaban where he and his cell mate, Bellatrix Black, begin to discover Harry's heritage and his potential power as they plot to escape.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2208427/1/

-Story has been slipping lately, but this is one of the best fanfics to come out in awhile, and the BEST imho as far as Azkaban/unique ships go.

Edit Thu Dec 08,: Naw I take it back, this fic's gone to hell. It's stagnated, became boring, and it contains alot of Harry doing absolutley NOTHING, despite the fact that he's really powerful and has armies at his command.

2. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

this is a good story like other Harry becomes lord of something fics but the author tries to change stuff up on it I really like what he did and waiting for the next chapter

3. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

This is a good story updates are few and far between.

4. apocalypsemeow

apocalypsemeow Professor DLP Supporter

This story has not gone to hell!!! I admit...It may be a little stale...but still, good idea, good fic in general.

5. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

Woah. i didn't even realize this story was in here <_<
    hm...i actually enjoyed this story a lot.

and, hey and welcome, apocalypsemeow. Now that you're here, introduce yourself in the....Introduction Thread (ya, that sentence sounds a little screwed up). and um... Welcome to DLP!

6. Midknight

Aye I posted it awhile ago when the story was still good. It was a major disappointment to see so much time pass after Harry get's settled in his power position, and yet he still acts like a lil twit, and does absolutly nothing worth reading

7. apocalypsemeow

Well okay, yeah...Harry is kind of Twit-like. And I suppose that yeah, He and Bellatrix should probably not be all like "hey we're married! Let's head over to your new castle sweetie and hop into bed (like bunnies :wink: ) Kind of OOCish, but this is the first Azkaban!Harry and H/B fic I read...I shall defend it for a while! Harry has awesome powers though.

Okay, I shall go introduce myself, and work towards my quest of Non-Muggleness! (geeze...How long is this gonna take?)

8. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

WTF? GODLIKE!HP with totally OOC Belatrix who claimes to love him after six chapters??? And they both reside in a castle made of pure Osidian suuurrreeee. Also the castle alone is worth more than every witch or wizard owns.

9. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

It was a pretty good story, >_> OOC yea, but there arent many HP/BB stories out there, The last chapter or so was ok, but it was very boring after while .... >_> still is i guess

10. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Any idea how long before the next update? I started reading this fic a really long way back, I think that was when there were only about twenty chapters or so, and it was alright at first, if not too OOC for me. It's well written but after three months he still hasn't updated. I'm starting to think it's abandoned.

11. Midknight

To be fair, the OOC of Bella is stomachable until the fic itself turns into nothing. Harry's got all these folks at his beck and call, yet he whines when his "friends" won't believe he's innocent. The fic turns into a buncha of hurry up and wait for.. nothing. I think it'd be manageable, but then it got turned into Bella wanting a kid, among various other story killers. I'd like to see the author get back to this and fix it right the way it deserves

12. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

I enjoyed this at the beggining but it just departed from my tastes later on. I mean they seem more worried over harry then over voldemort, and I liked Lord of Caer Azkban better for this type of story.

13. apocalypsemeow

OOC Bella is better than a H/B with a crazy bella. It does seem odd that all the people are worried about Harry more so than ol' voldie. Oooh-got it for a future plot twist-Dumbledore and Voldemort are conspiring together to take over the world...once Harry is out of the way, since they know he will never stand for it. Why have they teamed up? Well, they could never take on Harry on their own now could they? They will wait until Harry is out of the way, then kill off the people on their sides, and join together in WORLD DOMINATION!!!!! Oooh, and the pairing here? Dumbledore/Voldemort...of course. That would be a seriously wicked story to read, really weird, but that would be funny. Somebody go write that and let me know about it.
    But really, only the bella wanting a baby is the part that is kinda weird for me, and Harry...come on here, he is sixteen. Godlike powers are just good all around. I like the majority of Caer Azkaban so far, but isn't it a H/Hr pairing? I really don't like H/Hr...That one is the really weird one for me. (I know, probably better than a Harry/Death Eater, but still)

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Crazy Bella is the best kind of Bella! :D

I liked this back in the day but after reading so many similar stories... meh.

15. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I agree...crazy bella is the best... :twisted:

16. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

The first Harry/Bella I read. I really enjoyed it at the beginning but the later chapters are bland, stale and moldy.(Hmm... i must be hungry)

Harry has a huge amount of power, his own magic, his own army, and his own OOCish wife. But he does shit in this story except whine and bitch about how his friends aren't his friends anymore. This got a bit boring in the later chapter though I admit that it was entertaining at first.

17. apocalypsemeow

Well...Does that include crazy bella paired with Harry?

18. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

It's far from a crazy bella story. She is going to be very OOCish in this story, not to mention way too fluffy...

19. apocalypsemeow

Yeah, I know. I was talking about the 'crazy bella is the best kind' thing. I can't believe she wants kids...with Harry...a 16 year old.

20. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

Well...she is crazy afterall.

The only thing i hate about this fic is Harry and his non stop whining.

"They don't believe i'm innocent." BOO-FUCKIN-HOO.