1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Earth's Emissary by MadEyes - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Dec 1, 2005.

1. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

*Raises an eyebrow*

Ouch, that kinda stung. Is that the best you can do? Anyways, veela dont come into this for a while yet. And that's all i'm saying.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

When he does bond with the Veela, will it be like a mass orgy since they are sexual creatures? Heh :p

3. Hubert

Hubert First Year

You know I had the exact same thought.

I've just finished reading through this and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The writing has its own distinctive style which I quite enjoy. Harry's anger at the Vampire meeting and his display of power, are in my opinion what this Harry Potter should be liked when confronting an enemy. Well done, I eagerly await for more

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O

SHHH!... your gonna make all the new females around think we're all perverted chauvinistic pigs... ...

(though secretly i do wonder the same)

5. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    ha, I'm sure if there's anyone who can pull an massive veela encounter off without scaring anyone away, madeyes can.

No idea what took me so long to get to reading this. It's a fantastic piece of work, develops an entire universe ontop of HP. I need to read it more closely sometime again to get all the stuff you wrote in, but it's bloody amazing writing all the same. From the skimming of some chapters and reading others, so far, the logic and story development is impeccable.

I think quite a few people expressed distain at the low number of reviewers, but I think you should be really pleased at the number of quality reviewers you got. I mean you got one (actually more than one) from Fayr Warning!! I had the unnatural compulsion to read her work at least once every other day a while ago...that was very disturbing for me, mainly cause I couldn't put together why I loved it so much.

Anycase...good luck on your story.

6. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Ah. See, there’s a problem with that. Most of my friends, sisters, some of my sister’s friends and even some of my young (12 year-old) cousins, read what I write. So I don’t think that you’ll see much, if any, sexual content in my stories. I will promise action, since It will start for real in the next chapter, but not more then that.

However, I will promise to open a new account, somewhere, in the near future and post a one shot, Veela bonding scene, if you want. I also plan to post darker stories there, but apart from Emissary, I have three more stories that I want to write and finish, including the other I started posting. Those, however, will have to wait until I finish this one to be posted, even though I sometimes write to them to clear my mind of plot bunnies.

Thanks! And don’t worry, you’ll get to see more of that Harry soon, I just need to set the foundations of his development a bit more solidly. His behavior will completely differ from the one in HBP because of the current circumstances, and seeing as I’ll use some of that book after he arrives in school, then I need to make sure that you all actually know why he is acting the way he is.

As I said before, you’ll see some action in the next chapter (11) and even though I will start setting some of the limitations of his new abilities there, it should be entertaining none the less.

Right, like I said. It’s not going to happen, so the girls need not be offended.

I’ll just give you the link to that new account, ok?

Yeah, thanks for the vote of confidence. I mean, if anything, I think you’ll find that particular encounter more humorous than naught. But don’t worry, I have some good plans for how Veela magic works, and I’m kind of doing my own thing with it, and not following what everyone has written about them thus far. In any case, it will not happen for some time yet, and maybe not even in this story, but the sequel.

Anyways, Thanks you. Really. I’m glad that you’ve been able to enjoy what I’ve written thus far, I just hope that I can meet, if not surpass, your current expectations of this story. I have to say though. It’s beginning to become hard to keep everything straight. At this point, I’m finding myself in the position of having to go back again and read every chapter, making an outline of everything in the general plot, the subplots, and the side stories so that I don’t leave loose ends and that the things that I do leave unsaid are the ones that I want to leave unspoken.

It will be a challenge, that’s for sure. Albeit a fun one…

As for the reviews, well, I really love the ones I’m getting and I wouldn’t change them for any 1000 “great, update” reviews out there. I mean, when I say that I have the best readers out there, I mean it. The reviews I get are long and descriptive about what was liked and such, and I really appreciate them. As for those from Fayr Warning, well, I’ve been a groupie of her story since the first chapter, so I’ve talked to her before; Something that I should do again, since its taking so long for her to update.

In any case, thanks again to all of your comments, although I wouldn’t mind a few telling me if there is anything wrong with the story. I could use the criticism, like the one I received when I didn’t actually post here. lol. Those where always amusing, and so much better that that flame I got in FF.net, which, if anyone asks, I’ll post, so you can enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers!

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Another account for darker stories, eh? Cool.

8. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Yeah, it’s under the name Aethonon (I had an extra account for my favorite stories, which I just cleared out) and I’m planning on writing a one-shot to christen it. Any suggestions? I have a few bunnies running around, but nothing that has caught my fancy enough to chase them down.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

A one-shot, eh? Hrmm, I'm not to good with those.

10. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Meh, me either. I talk to much and can never find a good end for them. In any case, if I find a good enough idea, Im willing to give it a try.

Oh! And you should all keep your eyes open for an update on saturday. I thought I should liven up the new years a bit. Furthur, if you're all good, maybe you'll see and update next year as well. :wink:

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Mwuahahaha! We shall be good!

12. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Chapter eleven is up and running. Alas, I didnt post this last night because it was way past my bed time. :wink:

13. Mrriddler

Looks like a transitional chapter and I see that you have introduced Charlie so I think we have an idea what you may be up to. That's all I'll say. Some good writing intermixed with classic "youth is vigor"or resilence in this case and "wise beyond years" stuff that could be cliche, but necessary and part of the story in this case. Not quite as interesting as Harry's encounter with the vampire clan leaders but decent read all the same. Keep up the good work. (Posted as review on ff.net)

14. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Yeah, I know. It’s because the chapter ended up longer than what I had planned, and the ending scenes of the episode would have been too rushed for my tastes if they were added. So I published this first, and I'm augmenting the next scenes for a better over all plot development. Still, this means that the next chapter is more then halfway done and I’m currently working on it at the moment. As far as I’m concerned, this chapter and plot section is still vastly incomplete. While, like you mentioned, the meeting with the vampires had been planned to finish where it did.

Anyways, I should point out that yes, I used the ‘resilience of youth’ connotation, but I have not, in any instance pointed out that he is wise beyond his years. Just more conscious and mature then what a 15-16 year old would be in this day and age. He will make mistakes, even if he is trying very hard to avoid them, but he will eventually make them, and trust me, it’ll be a doozy.

Thanks for your comments and be sure to look for the next chapter, since it’ll have more action the than all the previous ones. Cheers!

15. Mrriddler

You're right, It was “Then you are wiser then most, Harry Potter,” must have lumped it together with the youth scene, mehe.

16. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

*Shakes head and mutters about those searching for clichés so harshly that they even make them up most of the time.* :wink:

17. E. M. Pink

E. M. Pink First Year

I kinda gave up after the first chapter of this one - it's a mite too flowery for my tastes. And I think I've got way too many WiPs I'm drooling over updates for at the moment to take on another one, especially one with so many damn adjectives.

*goes back to writing tenth chapter of AST*

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Everyone says that about the first chapters of this story. It gets less 'flowery' as the story goes on. Nothing flowery about vampires, eh?

19. Mrriddler

oh yeah. The vampire chapter was the bomb. ff.net definitely need more orginal interpretations of these undead.

20. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Howdy Madeye. I just stumbled across these postings for your story and remembered it. It was one of my favorite reads. Though my tastes have grown darker, I'm still a fan. Glad to know that it's up and running again. I have seen a few authors copying your ideas, especially the ancesters hall, and intergreting them into their own stories. They have no originality at all. Some of the cliches in your story do bug me a bit (harry teaching as an example). I used to go by the name Axelalx on Fanfiction.net before I had an account and I still stand by what I said in a review for chapter nine. Now my rather annoying rambling is done.