1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Elegia by Ikarus Onesun-T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Potterondrugs, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

Title: Elegia
    Author: Ikarus Onesun
    Rating: T
    Genre: Angst/Romance
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms
    Pairing: Shinji I. & Rei A. also Minor Shinji/Asuka
    Summary: Five years to the day after Third Impact, a depressed, lonely young man returns to the place where his life had begun anew... and where it may also end. Oneshot.
    LINK: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3537116/1/Elegia

A very good oneshot. Well written and very angst heavy, so just my type of shinji fic. It takes place after the third Impact and reflects on Shinji's life and the lives of his friends.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I don't like this at all. Making Shinji angsty does not make him feel like Shinji. The things he angst about is basically Rei, and I don't understand why. If you follow End of Evangelion, he likes Asuka. This is closest thing to cannon pairing. This does not mean I think Shinji/Rei does not work, but it needs some work in story to have this angst work. Considering it was after EoE, if he was angsty about Asuka, the story would of been marginally better. Even then... it doesn't feel like Shinji.

3. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

Well it's not exactly a requirement of fanfiction to follow the exact storyline, but I do see why you are attached to that vesion of Shinji, whom I also like best. Besides the end of Eva was such a clusterfuck you can't really be sure that Shinji hasn't changed or if Human Instrumentality changed him in any way.

4. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Well on the first point. I agree that the fanfiction must not follow the story line but the way that it acted as a continuation but had Shinji change feelings for the sake of Rei pairing. If it had some buildup, then it would be fine.

To the second point, End of Evangelion was very hard to follow but in no way was it impossible to figure out.

5. Ikarus Onesun

Ikarus Onesun Muggle

I'll try to do better next time. :)

Cheers,
    IO