1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think i ended up selling my FdL because of the retarded off center cockpit (THE COPILOT SEAT IS CENTETED!), lol...

Courier is my fav ship. Sexy little thing. I might get back into Elite though, buy a Cutter and do some space people trucking.

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh, and one more thing about more credits -

Community goals.

Currently, there's two in Rahu system. Bounty hunting, and salvage.

Grab some tea, coffee, or animal meat below Gal.Av and sell it in system for a little bonus (you're going there anyway, you might as well fill your boots), and then go hunting. Get a single bounty, and then feel free to stop.

Because 100% of everyone who contributes any bounties within the next ~36 hours gets 700,000 credits, and that's likely to go up.

Not all community goals reward 100%, but most of the ones I've participated in do after the second tier or so. It can be a massive help, early on. Especially if you can drop into a REZ, find someone already damaged, and ping them just a tiny bit. Just don't die before you turn it in.

I tend to play in solo play, so dicking the computer about like that isn't an issue. But I really wouldn't drop into a CG in open play. Most people are fine, but there's some who might cause you a little bit of trouble.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    I play solo too, and never even step foot in open play...

Which is probably why I haven't been banned for using cheat engine to fudge with the game's systems and 1hko things with my rail gun in my courier in dangerous combat zones.

Honestly, to this day it's the most fun I've had with the game.

4. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

You watch your filthy whore mouth about the FdL's genius cockpit, you imperial scum. /s

Seriously though, once you get used to the FdL's cockpit, it's an absolute dream to fly. And it can absolutely melt stuff in seconds. (My record is about ~5 seconds to melt an Elite rated NPC Anaconda)

That said, the ICourier is a verrry nice little ship. I've got one myself out in 17 Draconis I was using for some CZ fun a while back. Black Friday paint job on it makes it look sexy as hell.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Black Courier for lyfe

And seriously, fuck that off center cockpit. I flew it for 20 hours and still couldn't get over it.

IT'S A FIGHTER! WHY IS IT OFF CENTER?!

It just bothered me so much, lol. I may legit have mild ocd...

6. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I flew a Hauler around for a while. The cockpit view was pretty limited, but it wasn't terrible. I guess I could convert it for exploring, but I wanted a Diamondback. We'll see when I pick it up again, I've been hopping between other things for the last few weeks.

7. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Once 2.3 drops, you'll be able to wing up with others and get full bounties.

Alternatively, you'll be able to multi-crew with people, and still gain profit from whatever they're doing. (Apparently there's a way to toggle if you want randoms to MC with you...?)

Upside to multicrew is you'd be able to act as Gunner/Fighter pilot, give an extra power-pip, and obviously get some credits without risking your own ship.

Edit: Technically, the FdL isn't a fighter. It's more akin to a destroyer or a frigate in it's current function.

Also, Cockpits are bigger than I ever guessed.

8. Sacro

Sacro Groundskeeper

Yeah, there's basically a LFG option. The captain sets the activity (bounty hunting, exploring, piracy etc.) and then people can join. If people fuck around too much they get automatically kicked - for example if they shoot non-wanted ships in any activity other than piracy. There was a livestream from Frontier awhile back where the devs explained it.

Those big cockpits are the primary reason that ED doesn't let you feel just how big other ships or stations actually are. This video gives a pretty good overview of that.

9. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Hell, you don't really realize how big your own ships are. Look at how much room there is in the iCourier. In-game it feels like a tiny little fighter pilot cockpit...

10. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Just as a heads up, while the store is a bit glitchy it seems (not displaying as much as it should) there IS a 40% off sale going on for a lot of ship skins atm.