1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Empire's Son by blank 101 - Star Wars - T

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Skeletaure, Feb 11, 2011.

1. biloly

biloly First Year

High Score:
    I'm wondering why Luke identifies so strongly as a Sith but also is completely loyal to Palpatine. I can understand why he is loyal to Palpatine, but is he not aware of the history of betrayals in the Sith order? It seems he would want to distance himself from that somewhat, instead of being the official Sith apprentice. Then again, Palpatine might have just never told him about the betrayals. Great story overall, I'm really enjoying it so far.

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    He doesn't identify as "a Sith", he identifies as "Palpatine's Sith". As Luke's path in the first third of this showed, he has no separate identity as Sith, it is all tied into what Palpatine wants and has trained him to be.

That personal (messed-up) loyalty means he can't countenance betraying Palpatine, despite everything, although he is painfully aware of the ways his Master can and will punish him.

(I think there is far too much emphasis placed on Sith as a label, there. Sith have behaved very differently throughout history, and Palpatine's Sith, especially as portrayed by blank, are very different from Bane's and others.)

3. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

4. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

Chapter 14

Upon reading the chapter I kind of want Luke to reach his limit and decisively break with the Empire. His personal loyalty to the Emperor is one thing, but I'm waiting for it to snap.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  5. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

What? Fucking? Did Palpatine impregnate her? I honestly don't get this part.

6. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Not impregnate. Presumably, he had sex with her. Conquest is a word that's rather commonly used to refer to someone a person had sex with, by douchey people. Palpatine certainly falls into that category.

7. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Yes, but would Palpatine have sex for the sheer pleasure?

8. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

He's in a younger body now, and it seems like he's clearly manipulating Shira into thinking she's something special. A way of keeping her loyal? Or maybe he plans to play her against Luke at some point?

9. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    He's already playing her against Luke. Note her reaction when Luke is given command of the Moffs forces. There'll also be an element of what Luke did to Shira earlier - making her think she can control him.

10. chiefnewo

chiefnewo Second Year DLP Supporter

Exactly, Shira has already shown that she thinks sex with her puts her in a commanding position. Palpatine will no doubt find it amusing to disabuse her of the notion.

11. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Chapter 15 is up.

A whole lot of nothing and some spice.

It honestly starts to feel stale.

12. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Par the course for a blank101 story. A whole lot of beautifully written nothing and flawed characters talking about stuff. I liked it though. Luke is slowly - very slowly - working himself up to something, and maybe Mara will start to realize that Palpatine is a pretty vile dude.

13. omnipotentatus

omnipotentatus Second Year

Yes, I liked it as well, even if nothing really happened. Even though it was annoying that spice had a prominent part in this chapter, thankfully it was used decently in this chapter, compared to previous ones.
    And I agree that it's good to see Luke finally working himself up to something, finally trying to gain some independence. Now if Blank continues to build on Luke's character in the coming chapters, then I think that would be good.

14. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

I'm just waiting for something to happen tbh. He's been stuck in a limbo for a while at this point

15. klauth

klauth First Year

Chapter 16

Good stuff, the story finally seems to be moving forward.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  16. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Pleasantly surprised, I thought there'd be another 5 chapters of him waking the line before he pissed off Palpatine enough for him to take action.

17. Zvohunter

Zvohunter Third Year

Oh no, he didn't! Fucking finally. I loved the last few chapters. Well, I did get bored and was fed up with the angst, but the masochist in me was overjoyed. Right now, however, I really want Luke to do some outrageous shit.

18. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Huh, I found this chapter to be weak - Luke is once again running away from his problems, is still taking drugs and showing little to no free will/agency/sign of being pro-active for once. (And when he does so it is because of his strange connection to his sister whose presence Palpatine has somehow overseen in the last battle (and the same seems to be true of her noticing the emperor). At this point I have given up hope of ever coming to like Luke as a character...

And am I the only one who thinks that the logic behind his escape is extremely stupid - running away didn't really remove him from the equation and instead he just left Palpatine in total control of Mara after making it clear that he (Luke) values her more than anything else...

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  19. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

I still harbour the small hope, that he actually took Mara with him.
    Otherwise those parts would be completely meaningless.

If that's not the case, well...harming your wife seems to run in the family.

Luke decides to go, because Palpatine threatened Mara and (apparently) leaves her behind. Who does he think will have to bear the brunt of Palpatine's rage? :facepalm

The chapter overall felt lukewarm.

20. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I don't understand it either, but of Luke thought logically when it comes to Palpatine, their would be no story. It's just about as painful as reading Ned Stark's easily avoided demise.

I just want to see what happens next.