1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Every Boy Should Have A Dog - Rhapsody Belle - T (Oneshot)

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Rhapsody Belle, Mar 3, 2009.

1. mathiasgranger

mathiasgranger Slug Club Member

The premise for this one didn't really catch my eye, and while I'm not surprised the DLP crowd ate this one up, I guess I didn't really see the purpose.

Granted not all tragedy and horror has an explanation, but given the way that many jump on canon rewrites on this site, I don't understand that disconnect.

Still, an original idea and reasonably well written tale is always readable in this genre.

3/5

2. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I liked it, but I didn't really feel like it was all that special. I didn't really have any particular attachment to any of the characters in it because it was so short, and James just seemed so ooc that it didn't really seem like the normal canon. Not a bad read, but not great. 3/5

3. merchantofam

merchantofam Fifth Year DLP Supporter

4/5 Rhapsody due to its relative short length. Other than that it was disturbing as hell but really does capture the dark side of mankind.

4. BlacShade

BlacShade Muggle

Wow, that was actually interesting. Normally I don't like one shots, but this one caught my attention. Good work and all that

5. Scriblerus

Scriblerus First Year

Wow. Not often a calculating James is shown. I rather like the bastard, and I gotta applaud his creativity in dealing with the Sirius problem.
    Poor Sirius.

6. Johnny Farrar

Johnny Farrar High Inquisitor

I'm not particularly fond of evil! James stories. That being said, this was simply excellent. Few authors manage to deliver so much in so few words.

5/5 for just making me read and like an evil and dark James story.

You should think about writing a sequel.

7. Grapes

Grapes First Year

Great job for writing this! I wish there are more stories written about Dark! James out there. Bravo!

8. dveth

dveth Squib

This story is disturbingly beautiful. There's enough here to make the reader really think about the situation, but not so much that there's unnecessary padding. It's the perfect length for a one-shot, and doesn't need a follow-up story. If the author does decide to write one, though, there's plenty of directions to take it.

9. iamnothere

iamnothere Squib

Never seen Dark!James done so well before... Poor Sirius, brutal ending.

5/5

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS SHITPOST)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  10. TheGreyLord

TheGreyLord Squib

High Score:
    A little unexpected ending, but I always hated the prophecy and never knew why James and Lily never went and defied him for a fourth time while leaving Harry under the Fidelius. You could've probably avoided Lily's death as it was a bit unrealistic and unnecessary, also why did Lily die anyway? In canon, Lily was given a choice to live as The Dark Lord honored Snape's request, so if there was no Harry to protect and the Deal was already made why kill her at all. But overall Good Writing although disturbing.

4/5

11. Slash17

Slash17 Excrement Extraordinaire

High Score:
    Excellent idea and excellent execution!

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS SHITPOST)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  12. RoninSword

RoninSword Squib

High Score:
    Was going in expecting to hate it, and instead I find it exceptionally well done. Congratulations. Some nitpicks about various things story wise, but I am willing to ignore them for the sake of enjoying what was written.