1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Death Eater

High Score:
    So, Vampyr is getting decent reviews. Doesn't appear to be a great game, but one that might fix the Vampire itch while still providing a solid story.

Anyone picked it up?

2. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Picking it up when I get paid next week. Actually been something I was keen on since announcement day.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I got it. The combat/controls are meh and it's atmosphere is more drab than foreboding at this stage. I seriously recommend checking a stream for it before you buy it. I feel regret on buying it, but that isn't to say it can't be a good game just that it's not hitting the right notes for me.

4. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:

Man, the world of Dragon Quest XI looks gorgeous, but I really can't fucking stand the Toriyama character art style...

5. Arthellion

Arthellion Death Eater

High Score:
    Its probably gonna be a game I wait for a Steam Sale on despite my desire for a solid vampire game. Really wish we could get a nother Vampire: The Masquerade game.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It does look like they're beginning to move away from it a little though. The chars look slightly less same-facey, and the eyes/eyebrows aren't being exagerrated as much.

I'm mostly disappointed with the lack of innovation in the battle system. DQ's standard turn-based menu system is fine for nostalgia wank, and I still occasionally enjoy it... it's just a bit boring as modern turn-based systems go. A gimmick or two would be nice.

7. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm firmly in your camp. I think turn-based is absolutely nostalgia wank and just boring - unfortunately, when you try to innovate (think XIII), you get bitching the other way. Complain about XIII all you want, to this day it has one of the most enjoyable battle systems I've ever used in a JRPG.

DQ I think is there for pure nostalgia-wank. I'm hoping going forward they innovate more with FF.

8. Distended Destiny2018

Distended Destiny2018 Second Year

Do any of you play mobile games?

I picked up a game last year-Clash Royale.

I don't play any other games(PC/Mobile/Console) (too busy).

9. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    As far as Vampyr goes, I've watched a let's play of the first hour or so, and it looks decent, but not £50 worth of decent. I mean, I wasn't going to get it at the moment anyway, because I'm conserving funds and have a stupid amount of unplayed games already, but even so. FWIW, the people doing the let's play spent a lot of the time poking fun at the narrative choices, but ultimately concluded by saying it was fun and they'd probably do some more on it.

10. Arthellion

Arthellion Death Eater

High Score:
    So basically, a decent game for a company that has never produced an an action rpg on this level that should be worth 30 bucks but not a triple a or game of the year contender by any means? Expect better in the future?