1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fable 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Krogan, May 23, 2008.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know this game has been a long damn time in the making but the time is rapidly approaching for its release in the fall (hopefully) and some of the screenshots they are putting out look fairly fucking epic. If this game is anything like Molyneaux claims it will be then this will be one of the greatest games ever. The dynamic zones idea that they added in is a very fun concept that I can see playing in lots of different ways but thats just my opinion, what do you guys think?

New Screenshots http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=927246&img=1

2. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Hopefully this one will stay fun past 10 hours unlike the first one :/

3. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

It definitely looks fun. It'll probably be one of the few games I actually buy new, providing that the reviews are good.

Looking forwards to it.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I just got a hardon.

..and it just died when I find out it's for xbox 360.

5. No Earthly Clue

No Earthly Clue Third Year DLP Supporter

I can't wait for the game. Although, I do have reservations on Molyneaux's claims. He claimed tons for the first fable and most of them didn't go through. But, as long as it's as good as Fable and is twice as long. I'll be fine with it.

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

No game is ever like Peter Molyneux claims.

He consistently lies about his games. That's probably why he's apparently no longer really designing games and instead is executively producing and marketing them with his name attached. Marketers are professional liars, and that's where Molyneux's skills are these days.

He really has created some great games though.

7. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

This game better be fucking better than the first one. Honestly I'm buying a 360 for this game and if its not worth it I'll be pissed. I liked the first one but still...Ugh you really can't play it multiple time (every choice has a consequence my ass) <_<

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Apparently in this one the consequence system is actually noticeable, it affects literally the entire world with the dynamic zones idea. Early on if you help the law and are generally a good person then the city will eventually become a great place with good trade and other things like that but if you help the criminals then it will stagnate into anarchy with thieves and killers running everything. If this system is anything like the claims even with Molyneaux's past it will be epic on a whole new level

9. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Score. If it really delievers it might actually win Game of the Year. I really do hope that's true though. Honestly I'm blowing 2 paychecks on it it want to know its worth it.

If this is true I would so love this game

For the record the game box looks awesome in my opinion Though I hope just because you're evil doesn't mean you have to be hideous and have flies and shit around you there's plenty of ugly smelly good people just like there's sexy evil people.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I hate this guy and honestly wish he'd meet with a bad accident. Lying is the shittiest thing about the games market, but at least most of the time it's semi reality based. This fuckhead promises the moon, halfway codes it, shows it off, then yanks it out, and leaves it unexplained. My favorite in in B&W1, where he half coded shit, disabled a ton of stuff, said they couldn't get it working and yet..... We went in in a fucking text editor, reenabled it, and bam.. looky looky we had their first 30$ expansion pack free 4 days after launch.. when the expansion pack didn't come out until what, a year +.

I'm not even going to bother getting onto the rant. Go to the likes/dislikes thread that hit like 100 pages on Lionheads site... it's on like it's 3rd version now, a few of the older ones got deleted 'accidentally" and see the ppl point out and ask "WTF my B&W2 Go?!"

Yeah... too bad he never finishes them

Fable 2 looks great. So did Fable 1. But it'll be kiddy as shit, boring, easy, and be missing 3/4's of what he's promised. Oh.. and the levels will take 1 minute to run to either side of. Guy's company makes decent graphics... they just have effing idea wtf to do with them. They could do a lot better though, the graphics in say The Witcher look a lot better, and Witcher was a modification of an old as hell engine, the one for the original NWN, Witcher being released last year, and the NWN being released sometime around the last ice age/2002

And now that I look at gameplay screens Gothic 2 turned on full looks better too =/

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  11. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    They'd better release it on the PC eventually, 'cause I sure as hell ain't buying a 360 for one game.

The first one was interesting, but immensely overhyped, unfortunately. I hope they'll keep their promises with this one...