1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fall 2015 Anime Season

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Pure Infinity, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

So, the Fall 2015 season is about to start, and there's some interesting stuff on the horizon. Check here or, alternatively, here.

One Punch Man, unsurprisingly, seems to be the most hyped - MAL, at least, lists it as having the highest number of people planning to watch it.

Aside from OPM, Noragami and Owari no Seraph are getting second seasons. K is getting a second season too, after the movie that came out last year.

Owarimonogatari is a side story to the Monogatari series, so that sounds pretty good.

Shinmai Maou no Testament is getting a second season as well, despite being a poor man's Highschool DxD.

There's also a new addition to the Gundam franchise, because of course there is.

For those who've been waiting patiently for the Digimon movies, the first one is slated to be released on November 21st. Hopefully that date won't change.

And for those who were watching Kekkai Sensen, the series finale will finally be aired, after a delay that felt like a kick in the balls, on October 4th. It'll be 46 minutes long, and will hopefully be extremely awesome.

Also there's gonna be an Attack on Titan comedy spin-off for some reason... though probably to hype the second season, which is going to be released some time in 2016.

Oh, and Cyborn 009 vs Devilman, which is obviously a crossover movie, is being released on October 17. Admittedly I've only watched bits and pieces of both franchises, but I'm interested enough to check it out.

So... what are you guys planning on watching this season?

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll be watching Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, OPM and I'll be the only one watching Garo again.
    IBO... well, I honestly don't know what to expect. It could be good, it could be the second coming of Age. I'm hoping for the first, but whatever happens I'll be revelling in watching /m/'s reactions anyway.
    The trailer for Garo's kinda let me down, though; the CG looks kinda bad and the character designs are already dumbed down. Still, there's a chance we'll get something on the level of the first season. At the very least the soundtrack'll be great.

Things I'll give a shot: Kagewani, Owari no Seraph's second season (hopefully with less homoeroticism and more Shinoa) and whatever I hear good things about.

All my hype's really faded for Kekkai Sensen, though. It just took too long, and I can't really bring myself to care overly much anymore. Will still watch, don't get me wrong.

3. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I will watch K since I really liked the first season of that and will likely look over some of the other stuff though I have to say that most of that looks/sounds very boring. (which sadly seems to be the theme for 2015)

4. Spacegnom

Spacegnom First Year

First and foremost I am just glad the second season of Haikyuu is finally here!
    OPM and another go at a gundam anime could be good. Otherwise I will probably check out how Owari no Seraph continues.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looks even sparser than summer in terms of quality. I'll watch Noragami. Hopefully there are some breakout surprises.

6. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yeah, Fall is looking pretty lacking. But I'll be giving the new Gundam a try. And maybe Comet Lucifer, according to the list it's suppose to be a mecha show too.

7. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I'll definitely be watching Yuru Yuri, Owarimonogatari, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka, One Punch Man, and Noragami if I finish the 1st season in time.

I intend to try Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken (could be a decent comedy; it could also be terrible), Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider (because I like mysteries), Garo: Guren to Tsuki (have to at least try studio Mappa's original production), and Lance n’ Masques (same director as Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, but might turn out to be a garbage light novel adaptation regardless).

The season overall looks like it will be at least as good as the Summer season, but it's probably not anywhere close to top tier as far as seasons go.

8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

ONE. PUNCH. MAN. We in there. We in we in we in.

9. Boudicca

Boudicca Squib

Unfortunately this looks to be even worse than the dissapointing Summer anime season, which was only redeemed by the continuation of Shokugeki no Soma, and My Love Story!!, two absolutely fantastic shows. The only thing I find interesting is a Lupin 3rd series, and Owarimonogatari. Dissapointingly, I can't find a particularly interesting original anime to watch.

Hopefully, I am proven wrong though.

10. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

11. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

One Punch Man or bust.

12. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Juan Punch Man.

13. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Have read One Punch Man, so, will try the anime adaptation at some point. Other than that, nothing I really follow or know. Based on the summaries, I will try :

Hidan no Aria AA : Girl protag in an action adventure show that is not moe, harem, reverse harem or ecchi? Sign me up for that.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru : Mysteries about bones, well, that is just ominous and creepy enough to pique my interest

Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! : Summary says seinen slice of life, which did grab my interest. Will check out the first episode at least.

Kowabon : I'm in the mood for a good horror anime, and maybe this one will deliver.

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I really hope One Punch Man delivers.

15. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    One Punch Man just looks boring. I've tried reading the Manga a dozen times.

Really, what I'm looking forward to is Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan (Chivalry of a Fallen Knight), looks like it has potential if what I've read is anything to go by.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    O_O

Excuse me, did you-. Did you realy?...

I don't understand.

17. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Simple. A protag that strong from the very start doesn't interest me. I'd rather he have to struggle and earn his power. Not just have it handed to him.

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well, congrats on missing the entire point of One Punch Man, I guess.

19. fire

fire Order Member

Subete and Sakurako are the ones to watch out for (Owarimonogatari too, if you're a paedo that likes little girls).

20. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Looks like slim pickings this season.

I'll probably give One Man Punch a shot, given the hype on this thread. I'll probably end up dropping Seraph of the End S2 a few episodes in, the first season's plot pacing was all over the place. Hopefully its gotten better.