1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

FanFiction Cliches - Do not delete

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Aug 13, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlock

Warlock First Year

cause he wants to be better than harry to show him up to his family and to hermione ect ect. he more or less has everything harry wants but he doesnt see it. nice spot of irony for the both of them, there best friend has everything they themselves could ever want. of course harry's wants are a tad mroe mature than rons.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

--- OC's that knew and/or were good friends with Harry's parents. I read several today that just annoyed the shit out of me. Sirius had an excuse, his ass was tossed into Azkaban, although I still find it fucking stupid JKR didn't have anyone mention this before hand, if the book itself weren't such an enjoyable read, it would of killed the canon books for me with that.

Fanon wise shit like oh btw, this new OC is your godmother, who's been away for some utterly stupid reason, is not acceptable. Additionally, having nearly every OC that is aged around Lupin's age miraculously bff's with Lily and/or James is annoying.

There are tons of students in Harry's year alone, the world JKR has set up, he only knows the names of several of the more annoying ones that are thrown in for filler. Making some random 35 year old character from Hufflepuff the "fifth maurader" ... o_O

I've seen stories where it isn't bad enough that there is one random OC like that, but the author chooses to make several of them. The only ones worse are when they add in oh.. btw Dumble's your great grandfather.

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Oh, Mid, btw...Dumbledore's your great grandfather.

(I was going to mention something about Ginny, but thats just cruel.)

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

gotta agree with you mid... that is annoying as hell.. though i do like emerald tablet or whatever the hell the name of it is...

what annoys me more than the OC fifth maurader... Slytherin!Lily and OC firends as rival pranking group to the maruaders... barf in a bag anyone? ... i mean come on people... Lily hated the fucknut cause he was an immature bastard most of his life (personally I suspect ALL of his life but yeah... not a james fan) ... she isnt going to go be just as immature...

5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Agree with you guys totally.
    For me, I think what actually happened in canon was the
    same sortta thing that happened in, I think it was Blade-Claven's
    Dark Order Series...not sure, but James uses potions to control Lily (conveniently provided by Dumbles to make prophecy child) and shit,
    shags her, and she has Harry while under several potions. Of course, In the actual fic, Harry (the main one) really fucks that up...but...yeah.

Oh, and Midknight? Lord Ravenclaw's wrong. Dumble's is your Grandfather.
    Not Great grandfather. Just checked the records :twisted:

6. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Did I mention I hate James?
    Cause I really, REALLY don't like him. :evil:

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Ooh, yeah, had a big discussion on the whole "hating James" thing a while ago. Let's not start that up again. Look for the "Harry Hates James?" topic in General Discussion if you want to look at what we said.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aye it degenerated into stupid arguring over why Snape's such a great guy and James is an assbag.

Still has alot of valid points in it though.

Not open for further replies.