1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction.net stats...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by nonjon, Jan 4, 2006.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Fanfiction.net stats... Are you man enough to whip 'em all out?

I know there's a number of skilled and/or popular authors around here, and I'm a bit curious how everyone's stats match up.

I.E., how many hits per chapter you get, total hits for stories, favorites a story is on, favorites an author is on, C2 groups, story alerts, author alerts, etc...

I suppose this is like asking a girl her weight, but I'm curious if you all are willing to share? I won't even yell out how many inches mine is just yet, in case no one wants to know, but none of my numbers are off-limits if anyone else is as curious as me.

2. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Nice analogy. Anycase, why is no one posting? I'm interested in seeing what a good story could net and I know there's a couple with 1k+ reviews already...what's that 100k hits at least?

Anyway...

Destiny Remade (4 chapters - 40k words)
    13k hits - 90 rev - 48 c2s - 64 fav - 81 alerts

Secret of the Male Veela (3 chapters - 18k words)
    8.5k hits - 143 rev - 35 c2s - 70 fav - 97 alerts

Take away about 30-40 reviews from S of MV for review whoring using polls ...comes out to about 5-10% of what I consider non repetitive hits gets me a unique review. (I use the number of hits and reviews in my last chapter as the base sinse I'm assuming most reviewers=real readers of all my chapters) ...crude and probably inaccurate but indicative of how lazy people are.

Master Slytherin and Sera post the chapter by chapter stats break down so we can see if there's pattern. :twisted:

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yeah, right...way too lazy for that. Maybe later.

Anyway...stats since the last counter reset:

Dakaath (28 chapters - 212518 words)
    52686 hits - 1796 reviews - 89 c2's - 1101 fav lists - 444 alerts

Happy Red Prince (10 chapters - 79121 words)
    9182 hits - 463 reviews - 52 c2's - 178 fav lists - 121 alerts

4. nonjon

Now see, right there, that surprises me! I expected Dakaath to have a lot of fav lists, but I would have guess more hits than that. I suppose most haven't re-read much since the last reset. It's just surprising considering Mrriddler's numbers. (Riddler's fics are averaging 3k/hits per chapter about and Dakaath is under 2K? Interesting...)

You Did What?! (16 chapters - 89K words)
    55466 hits - 719 reviews - 68 C2's - 191 favs - 141 alerts

You are on the favorites list of 476 members.
    You are on the author alert list of 630 members.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, of my current hit count, well over 8,000 are from the last chapter I posted alone. That is how it is really, most people who follow the story had already read the earlier chapters before the last stat reset.

6. nonjon

Okie... that makes a lot more sense. There's the stat your hiding then.

About how many are for Happy Red Prince's latest chapter? Because hardly anyone will read the latest without having read the first few.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Only about 1,000 or so. But that fic has always had a really small audience compared to my other. The somewhat effeminate Harry doesn't click with a lot of readers. I keep writing that mainly because I like it. With Dakaath it's more because so many people read it and I feel obligated to finish it. That and I like the mountains of reviews it generates. :)

8. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    They reset? that would make sense, one of my older stories had like 100+ reviews and only 80 hits or something...lmao

Going by total hits is also bad considering it skews against authors with longer stories. Chapter one gets me half to 3/4 of the count...(like 5-8k) and I have only 3-4 chapters. Everything tapers off...the last chapter hit is what I would consider to be more accurate read of real "hit" which for me is only a modest 1-2k.

But crapola...1k favorites ...that really could advertise a story. But considering anony reviews, that means a jack load of ppl read it, like it but say nothing about it...

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

How the hell do you not have more for that? Granted I haven't found it as side splitting funny as the previous one, nor Lovegood, but jesus it's still among the top 5 best humor fics out. (Most of the top 5 spots you also have)

How much for the other ones?

Traitor's Within (9 chapts 60K words)
    14822 hits - 214 reviews - 63 c2's - 276 favs - 244 alerts

You are on the favorites list of 53 members.
    You are on the author alert list of 153 members.

I deleted the entire story around 60ish reviews, and merged alot of chapters together, and did a few rewrites shortly after I'd posted what was then chapter 14, so I know I lost a handful. Sort of depresses me actually that I don't have more then the average H/G fic with 3rd grade grammar and spelling nets in 500+ reviews by the time it hits 50K words, lol.

Edit: Damn I didn't realize I was in that many C2's now, last I looked I was in like 3 or 4 many months ago.

10. nonjon

I like to rationalize that humor fics get less reviews because there's less to criticize or analyze. Sadly I hardly get any response from people that don't really enjoy my fics. I don't think we need to shatter my illusions by thinking hard about that. Nor bringing up Fangalla Marie.

And the author alerts are the ones where every chapter no matter the story gets sent, so you can add 630 to each of the story alerts numbers.

Where in the World is Harry Potter? (16 chapters - 56K words)
    28765 hits - 564 reviews - 120 C2s - 363 favs - 102 alerts

The Untitled Cheekquel Project (21 chapters - 73K words)
    26259 hits - 708 reviews - 81 C2s - 209 favs - 112 alerts

Lovegood Boobs Gooder (6 chapters - 42K words)
    5322 hits - 232 reviews - 30 C2s - 73 favs - 59 alerts

Harry Potter and the Freedom of Apathy (15 chapters - 33K words)
    19138 hits - 112 reviews - 97 C2s - 160 favs - 45 alerts

But some of those numbers seem skewed, in that I bet HP&tFoA would probably have gotten more reviews if I hadn't posted the whole story at once. And a better indication for Where in the World is Harry Potter is that the last chapter has 150 of the 564 reviews.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I cant be fucked going to look but I get about 8 reviews a chapter no matter what, lol. It's always been like that, even when I was writing CCS stories.

12. Midknight

How do you check and quickly see how many reviews each chapter has? Or are you just viewing reviews by chapt and multiplying pages by the number of reviews show per page?

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I remember. I have very good memory when it comes to unimportant shit like this. Its weird.

I just count all the new reviews that I havnt read before. Plus, I have the email alert on and I delete them after I read em. Whenever I put a new chapter up I only get about 8-15 emails each time. 15 if im uber lucky.

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Click on the story's hit count from the stats section and it'll take you to a chapter-by-chapter breakdown for both hits and reviews.

15. Midknight

Tyvm.

The bulk of my reviews comes from the last 4 chapters. Makes sense I guess, since I took the whole thing down, combined the stuff that was there into chapt 1-5, and then from chapter 6 on was all new stuff to FF.net

16. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Harry Potter and the Enormous Bill (1 chapter - 1k words)
    12 reviews - 1973 hits - 7 c2s - 1 fav - 2 alerts

Harry Potter and the Era of Hogwarts (7 chapters - 41k words)
    340 reviews - 84334 hits - 102 c2s - 303 favs - 194 alerts

Harry Potter and the Heir of Silvertongue (7 chapters - 33k words)
    421 reviews - 130439 hits - 119 c2s - 403 favs - 235 alerts

You are on the favorites list of 303 members.
    You are on the author alert list of 653 members.

I had a lot of profile views too, but then it froze in one place for a while, and reset tonight. My stats never reset either due to the extra services, which is probably why my stats are higher than the more skilled authors here with better stories.

17. nonjon

I think you may be right on the extra services saves your hits from back before everyone got hits numbers but don't sell yourself short either.

For 7 chapters that's a hell of a lot of hits for hair-o-tongue. Though you misspelled tongue correctly. Like 15,000+ per chapter? And how many so far for the latest chapter?

18. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I actually went through and corrected tongue in all the chapters, as well as ran grammer checks. I really need to rewrite the first chapters.... Anyways the last chapter has 3760 hits so far.

19. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I'm gonna be shamed here but what the hell.

Conversation of a Precarious Kind
    13 Reviews - 562 hits - 1 C2s - 1 Favs - 1 Alert

Harry Potter: The Rise of a Warrior
    50 Reviews - 7721 Hits - 30 C2s - 50 Favs - 91 Alerts

Stats on RoaW are strange at best. So much so that chapters 2 and 3 have over one thousand hits less than any other. Last time they reset stats they recovered stats for some chapters but not others, thus fucking up the chapter breakdown in the process.

User hits
    You are on the favorites list of 12 members.
    You are on the author alert list of 73 members.

Not good.

20. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O... i feel soo unloved...

Lust Of A Dark Soul, 44786 Words, 13 Chps, 78 Reviews, 7260 Hits, 26 C2's, 63 Favs, 61 Alerts

Of course its been reset a time or two and it had been up to a few thousand (1...2 maybe) when it had... as for chapterby chapter

• Chapter...Words.....Reviews...Hits
      1 .............3637 .......... 11...... 1839
      2 .............4635........... 2 ....... 573
      3 .............4506........... 6 ....... 397
      4 .............3411 .......... 3 ....... 375
      5 .............3729 .......... 5 ....... 357
      6 .............4036 .......... 3 ....... 300
      7 .............2460 .......... 6 ....... 407
      8 .............3416 .......... 5 ....... 316
      9 .............2655........... 6 ....... 326
      10 .......... 3048 .......... 6........ 381
      11 .......... 3301 .......... 7 ....... 311