1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfictions HP/FD, dark Harry, without grammatical mistakes

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by JokeIsAbsolute, Jul 1, 2016.

1. JokeIsAbsolute

JokeIsAbsolute Disappeared

High Score:
    Hello,
    I've been searching for good Harry Potter fan-fictions in which he's been paired with Fleur Delacour and has gone dark. Someone who would not care about dirtying his hands in order to survive, not necessarily a psychotic killer.
    The only one I currently know is A Cadmean Victory. Harry Potter and the Wastelands of Time was also quite an interesting one (time travelling, dark harry, and another universe) but I didn't enjoy it because there are times when I felt like the author was too lazy to write some passages and just summed them up. (Actually, lot of fan-fiction writers do that, and make the plot a Gruyere...)
    Thanks in advance if you can find something !

2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    You might try Scrubb's When A Veela Cries. I've not followed it in years, but I recall Harry went to some dark places by the end.

3. JokeIsAbsolute

JokeIsAbsolute Disappeared

High Score:
    I've read half of it. I tried to ignore both English and French mistakes... There are good ideas in the plot, but the story is too centered on the relationship between Harry and Fleur. Every time Fleur is with other girls, they talk about Harry. The author is bad at writing girls characters, a fact the unrelenting sexual harassing Harry has to bear with reminds us.
    I'll try reading the other half, maybe it'll become more interesting when there will be actual fighting.

4. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yep, definitely some of my mistakes in my early writing. Although, it is a relationship-based fic. And yes, in the second half, there's a lot more fighting, and Harry turns a whole lot darker.

5. Leonidas

Leonidas Squib

High Score:
    This is a good post. I've also been wanting some good Harry/Fleur, though not necessarily of the dark variety. There is just too much stereotypical, tropey kind of literature on the internet based on this pairing that it kind of makes it difficult to find anything that had any kind of quality to it.

6. Anathemaliana

Anathemaliana Squib

High Score:
    Have you read Harry Potter and The Veela? Dagger and Rose is good too, both are in the library if I can recall.

7. SnowBlack

SnowBlack First Year

Do you have links for them or are they only in the Archive?

8. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter